1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Mod Component Requests Thread

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Mod Components' started by Thunderfall, Jun 15, 2006.

1. Fuyu

Fuyu Chieftain

Take a look at this

2. rychan

rychan CS geek

Awesome, thanks Fuyu.

3. JopeX37

JopeX37 Chieftain

I have no idea how to do mods but I just want a Civ that has its choice of all of the unique buildings and units for BTS, for the Next War mod. So for example, instead of building an Colosseum, I can build an Odeon or a Garden or a Ball Court. Thanks.

4. The_J

The_J Say No 2 Net Validations Retired Moderator Supporter

That you can easily do yourself.
    If you look at BtS\Next War\Assets\XML\Civilizations\CivilizationInfos.xml (rightlick, open with wordpad/notepad), and scroll a bit through these entries, you'll see all the UUs and UBs listed in the right civ entries.
    You can just copy the other entries over to the right section and it should work (besides some things like you can't have the Rathaus and the Ziggurat).

5. JopeX37

JopeX37 Chieftain

Yeah, but there was something I downloaded on my last computer where you could do it on startup of the game.

6. Flying Pig

Flying Pig Utrinque Paratus Moderator

I'm not sure if this can be done, but it strikes me as a great idea and it would be useful for my public modding work. Basically, I would like a feature by which units (in my book, battalion/regiment scale) can be grouped into meaningful formations. I can envisage this working on several levels:

1. Brigades. Basically, when you press Ctrl-#, it gives you an option to name the stack. This name is then displayed in the military advisor along with a list of all your other named stacks, and a select button for each one. So, I could group my 3 Paratroopers into a 16 Air Assault Brigade formation
    2. Advanced Brigades. As before, but the units can be spread out in order to cover ground without losing stack identity. So 16 AA Brigade could be tasked to protect the whole of the river Rhine, rather than just one fort.
    3. Divisions. As Brigades or Advanced Brigades, but with levels: two brigades can be grouped into a division, for example. So 16 AA Brigade lined up along the Rhine could join with 5 Infantry Brigade positioned in the pyrenees to form British Forces France

7. Bahmo

Bahmo Chieftain

A useful component would be a change to the game that disables units automatically moving into a tile when they defeat the last unit in a stack on the tile. That has been a major hole in combat since the beginning, and I'd like it fixed.

If you don't understand it, say there are a bunch of enemy units stacked in one tile and a bunch of yours in another nearby. You can attack the units in the next tile over without much risk, because so long as you don't kill them all, your attacking unit stays in the tile with all of its allies, including medics that can heal it back up. If it is defeating the only unit left in the stack, though, it will go into the next tile automatically, be stuck there, and essentially be a sitting duck to enemy reinforcements since it's been weakened in battle and there's no stronger ally to take the blow instead. Sometimes you'll have units that can move into the next tile manually to help the other, but sometimes they'll all have spent their move.

8. Justin 12345

Justin 12345 Chieftain

Jope, i can TRY to do that for you. doesn't seem to hard. I will give a try and send you a friend request
    EDIT: Need more info...what civ do you want to be able to do this? If you want a custom civ what leaders do you want in it?

9. civ editor11

civ editor11 Ruler

Maybe you could put a simple check in the can build function? If its a certain civilization you can build any unique unit/unique building. I think this could be very simply done. How do you want it set up JopeX37. I can set it up for a certain civ to have all unique units or unique buildings or both. It might take a little bug-checking but it shouldn't be too hard. I believe I can do it, but this is my first mod component though.

10. Justin 12345

Justin 12345 Chieftain

civ editior....email me at jachudley(at)yahoo.com i cant send u msgs we can keep in touch tht way see ya soon

11. Jason Voorhees

Jason Voorhees Chieftain

can someone make me a Jason Voorhees (friday the 13th) Ralph Wiggum Homer Simpson and Ned Flanders 3d animated leaderheads please :D

12. civ editor11

civ editor11 Ruler

Wrong thread you need to post that in the leaderhead database and request thread.

13. Deon

Deon Lt. of Mordor

I would like to see a mechanic where fortified units provide a small amount of culture on the tile they stand.

Thus you could occupy enemy's territory to get plots from him, or protect your own borders by stationing troops there.

The amount of units should affect the culture output, and if there could be a promotion which increases this value it would be awesome.

If someone can make it someday, it would be awesome :p. I don't want fancy IDW features, just ability to hold your borders/expand them with stationary units.

14. Sam Ro

Sam Ro Chieftain

Sorry to be coming so late to the party - but i've had an idea i've been wanting to share for ages: :p

Goodie huts are cool. :cool::thumbsup:
    Cottages -> Towns are cool. :goodjob:

1) Would it be possible to have cottages spawn automatically?
    Eg. Each turn, each tile would have a 0-12% chance that a cottage would appear on it based on the following modifiers:
    -adjacent to a river / on a road (+1%)
    -adjacent to a water tile (+1%)
    -containing or adjacent to a forest/jungle tile (+1%)
    -containing a bonus resource tile (+1%)
    -at the crossroads of rivers/roads (+1-2%)
    -on the same river or road as another cottage, town, city or goodie hut (+1%)
    -distance from another village, town, city or goodie hut (5-X%), where X is the distance in tiles (Thus, even the most likely tile becomes 0% at a distance of X>=12, tho' this would be unlikely if the standard spread of goodie huts were to occur at the start of the game)
    -containing desert/tundra (-10%)
    -containing peak/water (reset to 0%)
    (I'm not wedded to these particular modifiers if anyone has better ideas here)

2) Would it be possible for towns in the wilderness (/fog of war) to have a 5% chance per turn of becoming goodie huts?

To prevent towns from becoming too numerous, barbarians & wild animals would be more frequent and automatically pilliage any cottage->town they come across.
    Barbarians might also be allowed to trigger goodie huts? say: 1%/turn chance of triggering more barbarians AND 1% chance/turn of triggering new city.
    imho this would remove the need for civilizations such as the Mongols, Zulus, Vikings etc. since they are effectively barbarian states. :viking:

Also, I don't mind the idea of workers not being able to create cottages (but maybe settlers being able to), but if that's the case - roads should probably add to commerce as in the original civs. :traderoute::commerce:

Also it would be great if certain tile improvements could be built on top of each other without removing the other; specifically:
    watermills on cottages->towns
    watermills on windmills/workshops & vice versa
    watermills on irrigation & vice versa
    watermills on forests & vice versa
    windmills on irrigation & vice versa
    windmills on mines & vice versa
    radar towers on forests & vice versa
    radar towers on mines & vice versa
    radar towers on forts & vice versa

Lastly, what about a 25-50% chance of units ending their turn in the desert being lost/dying of thirst? :deadhorse:
    (unless they ride on camels or a modern vehicle, that is)

(V.Sorry for any misunderstandings i may have or if anyone's already posted these ideas, i feel like i've been trawling this thread for hours..:blush:)
    Also, please allow me to pay brief tribute to Jdog, Lemmy, Paul Murphy and the many other modders and idea-people who have made an already awesome game even better.:thumbsup::goodjob::clap::worship::hatsoff::woohoo::salute::beer:

15. bjorne75

bjorne75 Chieftain

Hi!
    I'm new at the forum and looking for a mod that makes it possible to choose a random number of AI opponents. I think this would add alot to the game, since you dont know if you met all civs or not. Makes the game more unpredictable in the early stages. Anyone know if there is such a mod? If not, would it be hard to do one?

/Björn

16. Cybah

Cybah Chieftain

Hey, can somebody make a small modcomp for larger city radius of 3? When active, the minimal distance between cities should be overrided and set to 5.

There is a larger city radius mod somewhere ... but outdated imo.

17. Fuyu

Fuyu Chieftain

Ask Afforess, he must know. His AND is using it (or at least somethng similar, I believe city radius is growing from 1 to 3 with culture), and there's no way his mod is outdated, him being the most active SDK modder and all.

18. Afforess

Afforess The White Wizard

Yes; I have larger cities. Mylon's mod is out-of-date, but I don't believe any of the code is broken, you'd just need to copy his code changes into the 3.19 SDK.

19. TheLadiesOgre

TheLadiesOgre Aspiring Codesmith

@bjorne75

Try RevDCM, it doesn't allow you to set a random number of AI opponents but it will cause Civs to spawn from other civs once certain criteria have been met, it's not exactly what you are looking for, but it should help....

20. Cybah

Cybah Chieftain

But there is no game option related code in Mylon's Mod. I wan't it the way you did it, but your source code is not easy to identify since much code is only commented with "Afforess Start". :p