[MOD] Fall from Heaven II

Question for Kael: Could there be any way of increasing the rate of casters get xp in the late game? So that you can replace your killed summoners a bit faster? Maybe a building, wizards tower, that increases rate that casters stationed in city get xp. Or turning mana node into something that increases this rate (metamagic node?)
On the second hand, I know summoners and archmages shouldn't be easy to get, but if some gets killed in late game, it is practically impossible to replace him since it takes a long time for him to level.

The trick here is to have plenty of mages, the more you have, the more you are going to get up to lvl 6.

Try playing as Amurites, build the Cave of Ancestors, it will give you +1 experience for every mana you got, it doesn't matter what type of mana it can be 10 of the same.

If you can get 10 experience on your adepts when you build them, you got instant BattleWizards, which is awesome. Try this with 3 Fire nodes, and you can make instant wizards able to cast fireball with Combat 5

This may have been brought up already but your Man-O-Wars are not as effective as I would expect. I lose 100% of the time when attacked by frigates and have a 50/50 chance when attacking frigates. Surely a 9 vs. 7 with 1 first strike should have a better chance? And guess what else? Even with a 55% chance to diengage my MoWs rarely do.

Why is there a turn cap in the game?

I can't say much about the man-o-wars (except maybe recommand arcane barges and krakens), but i would recommend that you play without the turn limit. That certainly makes my game much more fun. It hasn't been removed because time is the easiest way for the Ai to win a game (well it was before the Altar vic was added).

The idea may have been proposed already, but I think that giving Loki the "ability" to be captured could be really interesting.

This guy is a coward, he always flees battle. When he finally gets caught, why wouldn't he sell his loyalty to save his life ? (he is evil like his masters after all)
And since it is really hard to fight him, I think that achieveing it deserves a better reward than just killing him.

I like the capturing loki idea, or maybe he ransoms himself givng half the balseraphs treasury the "escapes" (Dies) or something, the only thing is that that'd screw up a couple death things, shrine of champion, immortal promotion, resureccting hero etc.

Also, am I missing something, where do I find the trophy hall, I just won as bannor and I cant find the hall anywhere...

Top left of your screen druing a game, the right hand button

Hey, what's with all the wolves? Sometimes an area will be covered with them. This is incredibly easy to exploit as units can gain several points each turn just by standing around letting them attack. I took the Baron to one of these places and had a gang of Greater Werewolves in no time.

I agree that the wolf breeding could be toned down a little. After playing this latest version of FFH, you'd never guess wolves are actually an endangered species in real life...

I like the capturing loki idea, or maybe he ransoms himself givng half the balseraphs treasury the "escapes" (Dies) or something, the only thing is that that'd screw up a couple death things, shrine of champion, immortal promotion, resureccting hero etc.

Also, am I missing something, where do I find the trophy hall, I just won as bannor and I cant find the hall anywhere...

Only problem with this (other than the game dynamics) is the fact that it would make the Belseraph hero (Loki) even more annoying to have in a LAN game playing against human players and being belseraphs yourself... (which I often am)

I've noticed that the Armageddon counter is going up by 1 when I conquer a city with the Ashen Veil in it. If I raze the city, the counter only goes back to what it was before. Is this intended?

I can't say much about the man-o-wars (except maybe recommand arcane barges and krakens), but i would recommend that you play without the turn limit. That certainly makes my game much more fun. It hasn't been removed because time is the easiest way for the Ai to win a game (well it was before the Altar vic was added).

Don't have Kraken, not Octo. Would have to build alot of Arcane's because the fireball doesn't do much damage. Good to know about turn limit. Thanks! :goodjob:

I'm playing as the sheim (overlords, oddly enough) and its really annoying to have to pay support costs on my summoned units, I thought that non-permanent units didn't have to pay support costs :( (I think its the away support maybe not the existing support)

Ideas... could it be that the 3-turn summoned units dont have the full summoned mechanic on them, I notice that if they're in their 1st or 2nd turn I can disband them, but not on their last living turn. Or is it that I'm mistaken about non-permanent units not paying support cost?

I have a question regarding piracy.

I was recently playing a game as the Lanun, and noticed that my pirate ships (as well as the Black Wind) can attack some cities, but not others. For example, I was able to attack Doviello cities but not Balseraph. What allows this?

I have a question regarding piracy.

I was recently playing a game as the Lanun, and noticed that my pirate ships (as well as the Black Wind) can attack some cities, but not others. For example, I was able to attack Doviello cities but not Balseraph. What allows this?

Open borders with the civ that owns the city.

Minor thing, when the illian crossbowman (who look awesome by the way) take out their axes, the axes are pink, I have all the patches so that shouldn't be happening, is it a bug, or just my machine?

Greetings:
I have a problem with the way Elven cottages work. It's fine if you want to give the elves +1 food/ +1 production on all squares with forests, and allow them to build improvements on them as well, but all an elf player needs is Education before they can cottage up everything but jungles, while other players all have to get education AND bronzeworking before they can cottage up everything but jungles (assuming they even want to chop all the forests).
NOT only this, BUT elf cottages only take the same time to build as a regular cottage, while other players have to take the time to chop the forests before getting to make the cottage.
As well, elven players can utilize much more of their land for cottages, unless other players want to chop all forests, which kind of makes saving them for lumbermills somewhat pointless.

I recommend requiring bronze working as well for making elf cottages on forests/ancient forests, and making them take a LOT longer to make. (Geeze, if you have to sit around singing and waiting for your tree to grow into your house, that could take years!!!)

On a side note, you could just allow chopping forests with crafting to help even things up (Stone or Copper Tools). Then you could use Bronze working for chopping jungle... As it is now, some map types (like Islands, Standard map size, 7 players) which start some players in jungled areas, are economic death sentences.

I also think there should be some reward or enticement for players to save forests... like a happy bonus for them at some point..

I also think it would be nice to find a way to make lumbermills, watermills, and windmills available earlier, or increase the bonus for them later.

Bigben34

Greetings:
I have a problem with the way Elven cottages work. It's fine if you want to give the elves +1 food/ +1 production on all squares with forests, and allow them to build improvements on them as well, but all an elf player needs is Education before they can cottage up everything but jungles, while other players all have to get education AND bronzeworking before they can cottage up everything but jungles (assuming they even want to chop all the forests).
You're kinda missing the point here. Not every civilization works exactly the same, most of them have advantages AND disadvantages. Yes, the elves have a big advantage in terraforming, but they are held back in other areas. For example, they can't make siege weapons, and other civs can give their units Elf-Slaying promotions (hooray! Everyone's army is potentially 40% stronger against you than anyone else!).

Top Bottom