1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[MOD] Fall from Heaven II

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Modpacks' started by Kael, May 18, 2006.

1. Grey Fox

Grey Fox Master of Points

You can select No Movies in the options for it to not play, I believe. (Also, try clicking)

2. Biggieboy

Biggieboy Chieftain

well, after it says finished, the screen turns black, I see my cursor, and a few seconds later the game crashes.

3. kaelis

kaelis Chieftain

This may have been brought up already but your Man-O-Wars are not as effective as I would expect. :mad: I lose 100% of the time when attacked by frigates and have a 50/50 chance when attacking frigates. Surely a 9 vs. 7 with 1 first strike should have a better chance? And guess what else? Not ONE of the MoWs I have lost have EVER retreated from combat even though some of them have had a 55% chance to do so. Funny! :lol:

Update: One of my MoWs retreated from combat with a frigate twice last night. It was nearly dead when it did so.

4. Dida

Dida YHWH

There is a building named "Hallowing of the Elohim" with no description. What does this building do?

5. Love

Love Deity

It lowers the AC whith 3

6. MrHimmler

MrHimmler Chieftain

Seconded. :)

7. Dida

Dida YHWH

There is a unit that one can sacrifice, which will half the AC counter and force peace between the player and all civs. Why would anyone build the Hallowing of Elohim if that is the case?

8. Kael

Kael Deity

Hes a hero so you can only do it once.

9. Bastian-Bux

Bastian-Bux King

Can't you resurrect him? Being a hero that should work?

10. Love

Love Deity

Yeah, you'll need life channeling III and a life node....

11. Bastian-Bux

Bastian-Bux King

Well, might still be worth it under some conditions.

12. thealien_83

thealien_83 King

It might, but it is still an exceedingly hefty price to pay. Compared to the Hallowing which is, in fact, "free", except the time invested in building it. And in the mid-late game that isn't such a huge investment given how high production you'll likely have by then.
    Also, the Celestial Compass is a good wonder for the Elohim (or Sheaim) if they want to spam their civ-special ritual.

13. Dida

Dida YHWH

Geez, I sacrifice him, even though the AC counter was only at 20 and I wasn't at war with anyone, just to see the effect. LOL. :lol:

Everything takes forever to build in this game, that's a little annoying, besides that, awesome mod.

14. Grey Fox

You can also lower the AC counter by razing Veil cities, then sanctify (I think it is?) the ruins. Or capture them and remove the veil from it with Inquisitors.

Especially the Veil Holy city.

15. Dida

Dida YHWH

You can remove the religion from its holy city huh? In my game I am very close to a religion victory, the AI doesn't seem to form religion until very late in the game.

16. Grey Fox

No, only by razing it.

17. Bugguts

Bugguts Chieftain

FfHII is a wonderful mod and thank you for it's creation.

Now for the HELP ME PLEASE...I click on a stack of units and I only get the top unit to come up. Can't give orders to anyone else in the stack. ie there is no list of units at the bottom of the screen over the buttons. Any hints on what incredibly stupid thing I've done:confused: ? Thanks for any help and again, great mod :goodjob:

18. Broken Hawk

Broken Hawk Emperor

My guess is the PLE buttons are doing something. Do you still have the problem when you reload a save?

19. Bugguts

Bugguts Chieftain

Saves didn't work either, but restarting the comp did. Joy joy, back to driving back the durn elves!

20. TheJopa

TheJopa Šumar

Question for Kael: Could there be any way of increasing the rate of casters get xp in the late game? So that you can replace your killed summoners a bit faster? Maybe a building, wizards tower, that increases rate that casters stationed in city get xp. Or turning mana node into something that increases this rate (metamagic node?)
    On the second hand, I know summoners and archmages shouldn't be easy to get, but if some gets killed in late game, it is practically impossible to replace him since it takes a long time for him to level.