1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[MOD] Fall from Heaven II

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Modpacks' started by Kael, May 18, 2006.

1. Nikis-Knight

Nikis-Knight Deity

It's not actually asking you if you want to attack (though it sounds like it) it's asking you if you want to permanently declare war on the barbarians. You can't, as the barbarians, share a tile with an animal that has hidden nationality, but you can attack without declaring war on all barbarians.

2. Kael

Kael Deity

3. darkedone02

darkedone02 The Suggestor

have you got any plans on changing the gameplay on BtS? Since there will be a random event thing in there, will we see some graphical improvements like near armeggedon, the world turns reddish, or if all evil and armeggedon is reduced, will the world turn bright?

you need someone to make a animated movie for your new intro instead of a picture slide show. This will make people want to play this mod.

4. Tyrion

Tyrion Hmmm.....

hehe i dont know, that slideshow made me want to play pretty bad.

5. grumpylad

grumpylad Warlord

Wow, big time media stars. Congrats the new scenario looks stunning I can see how you're pulling some of the ideas from phases 3&4. The captures look brilliant.

6. thealien_83

thealien_83 King

Define close here? 'cause I have literally seen four bear dens contained in an area far smaller than a single screen. Like, maybe.. 3-4 empty squares between two dens, or something in that general capacity. :crazyeye:

I didn't mind it though! It kept the damn crazy clown-people from settling anywhere past the valley of certain bear-induced Doom. :lol:

Cheers!

7. Ploeperpengel

Ploeperpengel academic precarity

Well most poeple I'm sure are aware that near armageddon the world already is -well..on fire. That probably still will be the case when FFH is ported on BTS in shadow.;)
    On how we use the eventsystem: sure we already have ideas but before BTS is released we won't be able to talk publically about that.

8. jselsmark

jselsmark FFH2 Fanatic

I have to agree with Tyrion on this one... other than that it should be the gameplay not the intro that makes ppl wanna play FFH, and I do believe that no-one can complain here...

9. Blathergut

Blathergut Chieftain

Woohooo...and we get to play as the Amurites! I gotta admit, they are my favourite. And I thought you dudes spent every waking moment on this version of the game...now I see you also work when dreaming :)

10. kaelis

kaelis Chieftain

Any chance that FfH2 will be ported to Warlords?

11. Kael

Kael Deity

No. FfH2 will be ported to BtS after BtS releases. There really wasn't a lot in Warlords that made it worthwile from a modding perspective. And since we have been working with BtS since Warlords was released we really didn't want to add another version into the mix.

12. Kael

Kael Deity

Patch "h" has been uploaded and linked in the first post. It makes the following changes and wont break saves:

1. All units that require horses will also use nightmares.
    2. Fixed the war declarion on spell damage so the player casting the spell declares war.
    3. Fixed a CtD when generating a great person during a crusade.
    4. Non-living units can't be poisoned.

13. TheJopa

TheJopa Šumar

Heh, anyone noticed that Kael is now labeled as Mod Pimp? :)

14. Grey Fox

Grey Fox Master of Points

That's cause his team members will work with any mod, for the right price.

15. chocmushroom

chocmushroom Warlord

The Pyre Zombies exploding ability does not seem to be working :(

16. Civmansam

Civmansam King

Well Kael, you've outdone yourself again. Been 4 months since I played Civ4 and I just played the newest version of FFH2. All I can say is the best mod I've ever played got better, which is pretty amazing :thumbsup: Congratz and great job

17. jafink

jafink King

Awesome work I think it's soo cool that normal people can end up working on an amazing game like cIV. Make sure Firaxis has all of your phone numbers so they can hire u for when CIV 5 is being made!

18. Anaztazioch

Anaztazioch Hit in the head too much

chocmushroom

It does, but it damages the stack they are in...

19. kaelis

kaelis Chieftain

It really sucks when a wolfpack kills my Scout 100% of the time. Gets really tired after awhile. Kinda like the Man-O-Wars.

20. War Chicken

War Chicken Warlord

I've got a problem:

I thought I'd try Kuriotates, 'cos I rarely spam the Land with cities, but build only some, but try to get the best positions for them.

That worked verygood with Kuriotates. And the other big bonus: You can place a settlement in the worst area, just to get the resources.

What made me stop enjoing them is the fact that I can't upgrade my mages to archmages.
    I have "Strenght of will" and "Catacomb libratus", so all my cities and even the little settlements (!) have a mage guild, but even if I place the mage IN my capital, I don't get the upgrade-button. I even have a lvl9 mage - not even he can do it.
    Is it because all my mages were once merged with great commanders? That didn't inhibit the upgrade from adept to mage.

Can Kuriotates not have Archmages? (That'd be the horror) What am I missing here? Or have I found a Bug?

Another Question: What were the needs again to found "Cult of the Dragon"?

And something more: Someone in my game has built that ritual, that kills all farms and creates deserts. From that turn on, the delay between the turns ist about 10 times as long as before. Is that normal? Can I do something against it?