[MOD] Fall from Heaven II

I dig the mod. So far I've UU conquested with Hippus, cultural conquested with Elohim, and Hero/Mage conquested with Malakim. Unfortunately each time I seem to be nearing victory I CTD and any time I load to the auto-save at that point I CTD. Maybe it's coincidence but I keep hearing a sound of a dragon squak a couple turns in a row before the CTD...it's almost uncanny.

Regardless, it's very well done if not somewhat overwhelming :) the first few times you play. Multiple 2am sessions...

Not sure if this is Civ's fault or a the mod's fault but when i click unload on my ships my hero that ran out of movement points can stay on the water for one turn (nv tried to go beyond 1 turn) without dying even after my ships moved away so i have a unit floating on the water (sorta like a mage with water walking) but it is a land unit

Just thinking if your design team could make a day and night change to this mod, would be neat to see werewolves/vampires just pop up out of no were at Night. And also a rainy season. Just food for thought is all?? Take it or leave it, thx.

strategyonly said:
Just thinking if your design team could make a day and night change to this mod, would be neat to see werewolves/vampires just pop up out of no were at Night. And also a rainy season. Just food for thought is all?? Take it or leave it, thx.

We want an "evolving world" mechanic. Days, weather and seasons are all to temporary for the timescale we are talking about (I know time scales all invite paradox when viewed to closely but we try not to increase the issue).

So I think we are going to go with an armageddon counter mechanic. If events in the world increase the armageddon counter the world will start to change (creation aand hell will merge). If events in the world decrease the armageddon counter things will go back to how they are (possibly even better, becoming a utpoic environment).

The graphical effects you mentioned (darkness, storms) could indicate these states, but probably won't be used to literally symbolize a timeframe.

I have noticed a problem with palaces on the pedia, there may be something wrong about it.

Share said:
My game is in french but this mod is in english,that's why my pedia is in a mess.

It is not beceause of french: in english :

Yeah, I dont know why the sidar palace does that. I have looked into it a few times and never been anle to figure out the reason.

It looks like if a negative value was set to an unsigned variable. Its value jump to the maximum positive value allowed. But I don't know how it could happen here.

juni_be_good said:
It looks like if a negative value was set to an unsigned variable. Its value jump to the maximum positive value allowed. But I don't know how it could happen here.

Yeah, and the buildigns that give the bonus change around as I add and remove buildings, but its always the sidar palace that does it.

Yeap, somebody call a priest, the game is officially possessed.

Maybe an Exorcist unit is needed, or perhaps the Inquisitor can do the job as well...

I've been trying out the elves recently, and I've noticed a few quirks I thought to bring up. Setting wise, I've been playing using the Smartmap, as Thessa, although I have no idea what her traits do :).

First off, although elven workers can farm or cottage forest squares (which is fun ;), they can not realize the advantage of a river in a forest square (no +1 commerce).

For some unknown reason, some (many?) tundra squares can not be worked (cottaged or farmed) but others can (again under forests). I'm not entirely sure what that is. The squares seem in all other ways identical :/.

Elven Archers do not have hill defense bonuses. This seems odd to me. I understand they have forest defense bonus, signifying the Elven native terrain idea, but it seems odd to me that they would not be able to take advantage of the intrinsic benefits of archery from a position of superior height (which seems to be the theory for the archer's hill defense bonus in the first place).

I know a lot of conversation has gone on about Treants, but I thought I would make a few comments, without regard to their frequency of appearance... mostly. First off, I thought it might make nice flavoring to tie the strength of treant (or type of nature guardian effectively) to both tech (more advanced religious techs yielding better guardians) and potentially the quantity of nature mana in one's network. Or have the amount of mana effect appearance rate maybe. When they appear, they are around, it seems, for too little time. So long as they remain in an ancient forest, it seems like they aught to last a little longer. They are slow, which seems fine, but it exascerbates these other issues.

Forest Native Promotion. I think the elves really need access to a forest native promotion, requiring an SDK mod, which would negate the 50% terrain bonus for forests of their enemy's. Certain units, like treeants and the like should start with it. (similarly dwarves might get access to a hills native promotion as well). Beside the logical sense of it, it seems important for the feasibility of the elven nation's set up. Once you've got 90% of your territory covered in ancient forests, it can be remarkably difficult to chase down enemy infiltrators in your territory, because *every* square gives them such a large defensive bonus. Unless you out tech your opponent's substantially, it's just not feasible. Again, of course, I play on raging barbarians and large maps, so I have to do a lot of fighting, and other player army's that do arrive tend to be quite experienced in their own right.

Just a few things I've noticed so far...

Top Bottom