1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[MOD] Fall from Heaven II

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Modpacks' started by Kael, May 18, 2006.

1. War Chicken

War Chicken Warlord

I've got a Problem here.

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned before:
    Playing as Sheanim, I've researched Infernal Pact and thereby invoked the Infernals. Asked If I want to play the Infernals, I chose yes. Now the City Dis shows up somewhere in the map, and my first infernal units are created, but I can't move them, because it seems like my former turn as Sheanim does not end. I get the "Waiting for other players" Message the whole time. I quit after about 3 minutes, loaded the autosafe - same effect.

I've got patch K applied. I appended my safegame so you can check it if needed.

EDIT: Ah, forget about it, seems like I didn't apply the Patch right and played the non-patched version.
    I'll play that again and check if it still isn't working. Sorry for not checking that earlier and spamming the board.

Attached Files:

2. Ambreville

Ambreville Deity

Depends on what your game settings are. I actually used that wonder in the Terra setting. There was a continent full of barbs that got turned into souped-up animals. I used rangers and beastmasters to fill up my menageries back home! (Still couldn't find all the animal types I needed though). :)

3. TheAdept

TheAdept Chieftain

Sounds nice, it seems that for smaller maps (Large size) it takes almost too long to get to this wonder... and it's usually not a a priority.

4. cha dawn

cha dawn Warlord

What has changed with Baron Duin in version 0.25k ?
    He won about 15 battles and never got a new werewolf.

5. Fanatic Demon

Fanatic Demon Student in Wizardry

Can't start a new game anymore with the new 0.25k version :( It crashes while the map is being loaded

Can I download any lower versions?

Edit: It appears my BTS is corrupted somehow

6. Ambreville

Ambreville Deity

I agree with you. Fortunately, from what I could see it only changes existing barbs (the ones spawned afterward remain of the proper orcish ilk). I used that approach in an attempt to generate more animals for the menagerie wonder. I got lots of animals that way, but not all of the ones I wanted. ;)

Come to think about it, I was surprised not to see more of the more monstrous folks on the side of the barbs later during the game (ogres, giants, trolls, minotaurs, that kind of stuff). Mere goblins were no match to my grizzled, battle-scarred beastmasters!

OK, OK, just wishful thinking here... :D

7. Consciousness

Consciousness Chieftain

Damn, that's cold. I ask a serious question about something that's really standing in the way of my enjoyment of this classic mod, and no one gives me an answer.

Okay. If you're gonna make the Fear promotion so powerful, then PLEASE do one of the following:

Change Fear to make it dependent on COMBAT ODDS, not base strength. I don't care how powerful Stephanos is, when my hero unit has a 70%+ chance of victory! What is Rosier afraid of? It doesn't make sense that he keeps retreating like a coward, turn after turn, when he could so easily win!

Or, alternately, show some mercy and make Courage a NORMAL promotion instead of like it is now, where you can't even have it if you didn't pick one of the few civs with unique units that START with Courage. I don't care if you make it tough. Make it require Combat V or Hero, whatever, just put it on the table!

Your design goal was originally "Every civ is balanced against every other". Right now, this mod is at "Yay, I'm playing evil, but I didn't pick the Grigori with their Dragon Slayers or stock up on non-living units (and vampires don't even count). I'm totally screwed!" Ugh.

I'm kinda disappointed in the Horseman AI, too. Obviously, I can't stand up to Stephanos...and yet he seems FAR more interested in pillaging cottages and kidnapping workers than hitting my cities. He needs to press his advantage and really finish me off!

Now I agree that the Horsemen needed a power-up - in vanilla, they rarely gave me a turn or three of trouble. But this is just too much. The four Horsemen should be like "Okay, it'll really cost me, but maybe I CAN beat these guys." NOT "Ah hell, I picked the wrong civ. Game over!"

8. 3141592

3141592 Warlord

Adapts can cast courage with spirit mana. Also, various spells, such as ring of flames, can seriously weaken units without the chance of them scaring you off, then you can just surround them and let them attack you until they die.

Also, if your strategy doesn't involve a high AC then make sure to keep it low by doing things like spreading the Order and casting sanctify on city ruins.

9. loki1232

loki1232 Loki

I agree though it should be more like 50% chance that they can't attack.

10. thp427

thp427 Chieftain

What do I need to do different here? I downloaded the "vanilla" version. It's in the correct Mods folder. Regardless whether I try to open this up via the shortcut from the folder or through load a module via the main civ menu, it generates an error message and nothing else happens.

11. Hangly Man

Hangly Man Warlord

Will the AI be able to cast spells any time soon? I'm finding that once I have archmages the game is pretty much over.

12. Pdifolco

Pdifolco Chieftain

Hello
    I've the same problem that some already posted here : FfH 0.25k crashes when creating a game, but after creating the starting autosave.
    The culprit clearly is the intro.bik movie : the game doesn't crash when I rename/move it (then I have a message saying the movies aren't properly setup but you can continue).
    What's weird is that it worked ok for me in the Vanilla version - was the movie changed ?

13. Assurbanipal

Assurbanipal Chieftain

Can you send me this editor please, so I could do the complete french translation? Thanks.

14. seZereth

seZereth FfH´s art monk(ey)

i thoght in BtS version they can use spells quiete well, are you still playing vanilla (0.23?)

15. Ambreville

Ambreville Deity

You need to rewrite the path listed in the shortcut's properties, maybe something like:

"C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Civ4BeyondSword.exe" mod=\Fall from Heaven 2 025

...rather than what's in the unmodified shortcut. (I had the same problem.)

16. Hangly Man

Hangly Man Warlord

I am! I can't wait!

17. seZereth

seZereth FfH´s art monk(ey)

If you knew whats going into Shadow, you would die from waiting ;)

18. Dragonlord

Dragonlord Fantasy Warlord

Tease!

For my fellow German: Das war gemein!!!!

19. Kael

Kael Deity

Here is a version you should be able to modify with OpenOffice.

FfHEditortext025.zip

20. Nooble

Nooble Warlord

Please help me. I downlaoded and installed version .25 and patch K. I was able to launch the game and start a custom game, but when the custom game starts to load, the game crashes and I get the normal windows XP error box that says "Civilization 4 has caused an error blah blah blah", would you like to report this error?

So...does anyone know what's wrong?

I renamed the movie but it still crashes.

Ok, I was able to fix it by disabling autosave

edit again: ok...after playing one game and losing, i'm unable to start a new game...it just keeps crashing