[MOD] Fall from Heaven II

I have installed the new version of FFH and I have only one problem with it:
where the hell happened to all of the cool soundtracks?!

Hello Kael and the entire FfH team! I've been enjoying your mod very much, however, I'm having some difficulty. I haven't changed any game options, and yet, I can't construct buildings. When I check the settings under the Victory Conditions subscreen, I get this:

I can't possibly remember turning any such option on, and I haven't changed any since the last version of FfH, when buildings did work. Any idea on solving it, preferably so I can continue my save game? Thanks a lot!

edit: Fixed it myself. Apparently going into FfH's .xml files and setting the TXT_KEY_GAME_OPTION_NO_BUILDINGS visibility variable to 1 fixes the problem, and adds the No Espionage option (as it should have been?). Don't know if anyone's having the same problem, but it might be worth looking into what causes this. Thanks anyway!

yes, It have installed only the movies.

All the tracks have been moved into the main mod instead of the media pack. This is simpliar for us to manage and the songs were to cool to play without.

Some tracks were removed from the game if I didnt think they worked well and some new ones were added.

Patch "j" is linked in the first post. It fixes the following issues and will break save games. It is the final patch for 0.32 unless a major issue comes out.

1. New Fire Elemental model.
2. Mimic's can't steal weapon promotions.
3. Hall of Mirror illusions get +2 duration if the player has the summoner trait (Nikis-Knight).
4. Added the Corrupt Merchant event (Nikis-Knight).
5. Removed the Acrobat unit (it was exactly like a hunter).
6. Removed the Sect of Flies unit (to simliar to the base champion).
7. Water Elementals and Tar Demons now split into 2 smaller versions when they lose in combat.
8. Enabled the Glance screen.
9. Leaders Base Attitudes adjusted, some leaders are more friendly, a few are less firendly (on average they were adjusted more friendly).
10. Fixed an issue where the "random leaders" can be selected for empire splits and such.
11. Moved the free Great Engineer back from Engineering to Machinery.
12. Changed the order of the "invisible game option" (like adventure mode) so they are unlikely to conflict with other mod/game option changes.
13. Create Battering Ram Delay reduced from 5 to 4.
14. New Beastmaster model art (I always thought that old aztec jaguar model looked out of place).
15. New Cannon art (the old one was really out of place).

BtW, I've been playing a ton of games lately with standard maps, and 3 teams of 3 civs. One team made up of 3 random good players, one of random neutral players and one team of random neutral players. I've been playign these on Cephalo's Creation_ff (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=261688) mapscript and its been making for some really fun games. If you haven't tried it, its worth checking out. And a personal thanks to Sto (who came up with the random alignment leader mechanic) and Cephalo for their additions.

First off, thanks for everyone's hard work on Fall from Heaven. It's the only Civ I play currently.

I have a quick question though. Is there a wonder or spell that allows units to become invisible inside your cultural borders? I'm currrently in a game playing as the Khazad and invading Jonas. I have a sizable army of 30 Dwarven Cannons, 40+ Champions and 20+ national units (Dwarven Shadows, Myconids etc). One turn my army is sitting on a hill and the next it's 80% dead. I can see 5 tiles all around my units and can't see anything that attacked me. My teamate has the same problem. What's happening? Council of Esus perhaps?

One last question if I may. Is there a way to be able to keep the text box up at all times and be able to scroll back through it? During war, so much is happening that most of the text gets lost.

First off, thanks for everyone's hard work on Fall from Heaven. It's the only Civ I play currently.

I have a quick question though. Is there a wonder or spell that allows units to become invisible inside your cultural borders? I'm currrently in a game playing as the Khazad and invading Jonas. I have a sizable army of 30 Dwarven Cannons, 40+ Champions and 20+ national units (Dwarven Shadows, Myconids etc). One turn my army is sitting on a hill and the next it's 80% dead. I can see 5 tiles all around my units and can't see anything that attacked me. My teamate has the same problem. What's happening? Council of Esus perhaps?

One last question if I may. Is there a way to be able to keep the text box up at all times and be able to scroll back through it? During war, so much is happening that most of the text gets lost.

The Council of Esus shrine, Nox Noctis, makes all the owners units invisible in their own lands, it is decimating.

I think all of that will be in the event log.

The Council of Esus shrine, Nox Noctis, makes all the owners units invisible in their own lands, it is decimating.

Thanks x 2 Kael. Much appreciated sir.

Is it now possible to somehow reveal these units? Or are they still basically invincible until they attack you?
If they are invisible like Shadows, it's incredibly strong. If they are "more" invisible than Shadows (as they are right now, afaik, as not even Hawks etc. can reveal them), it's more than overpowered.

Sorry to cover old ground, but... It doesn't look like the Regenerate Map option is available from the ESC menu list. Is there a keyboard shortcut for this option, or has it been removed entirely. Thanks!

Sorry to cover old ground, but... It doesn't look like the Regenerate Map option is available from the ESC menu list. Is there a keyboard shortcut for this option, or has it been removed entirely. Thanks!

Its been removed entirely. there are a lot of special things we do in creatign a FfH map that wans't being done by the regenerate process. Which lead people to playing out whole games and then having legitmate gripes afterwards because x/y/z didnt work.

The best way to resolve it was to remove the option entirely.

First off. I absolutely love the ffh2 mod, It's the only way I play Civ now. Unfortunately I also only play multi-player, and I haven't been able to finish a single game due to out of sync errors. I know this is a known and expected issue with multi-player games, but does anyone know is there a version of ffh2 that had less of these bugs?

From what I hear you can still regenerate a map, but must do so from within world builder. It still causes some problems though. For instance, the plot where the Ring of Carcer was placed during the first map generation will still be impassible once the improvement is gone/elsewhere.

I tried the new map script (creation.py) -- pretty neat!

I had an idea after my first attempt at using that map. I ran the Khazad and found myself bottled up since Barbatos occupied the only square out of the dwarves' extensive network of mountain valleys. To make matters worse, Acheron also decided to set up shop a couple squares away from Barbatos, making this a truly rotten neighborhood early on.

Anyway, the idea was a unique terrain improvement for the dwarves that would allow them to build a tunnel to reach the other side of a mountain. This would be pretty useful especially with the style of map that creates long, impassable strings of mountains. Only an allied Civ would be able to use the tunnel besides the dwarves. Of course, with a moderately high Armageddon rating, the occasional Balor (orcs? goblins?) might spawn out of the tunnel. ;)

Good stuff.

Works great especially with the new tectonics map. Tectonics, 30% water (lakes), blessings of amatheon, living world, lock modified assets - awesome game.

This is probably old news, but great commanders are not awarded for winning battles, they only come from getting to techs first. Perhaps working as designed, I don't know.

Good stuff.

Works great especially with the new tectonics map. Tectonics, 30% water (lakes), blessings of amatheon, living world, lock modified assets - awesome game.

This is probably old news, but great commanders are not awarded for winning battles, they only come from getting to techs first. Perhaps working as designed, I don't know.

There are also some buildings that give great commander points.

We dont grant any great people through combat in FfH because combat is already so well rewarded. Granting a GPP unit to the player who engages in warfare most isnt a perk the game needs.

Patch "k" is linked in the first post. It fixes the following issues and won't break save games.

1. Fixed a CtD caused by a Guild of Nine event that tried to spawn an acrobat.
2. Fixed an issue with Ignore Building Defense (it was being applied to all units).

Top Bottom