[MOD] Fall from Heaven II

Patch "l" is linked in the first post. It won't break save games and fixed the following issues:

1. Fixed a CtD caused by a bad artwork reference in the Gypsy Caravan.
2. Fixed a reference to the Sect of Flies unit in the Hellfire event.

Ok. Good, doesn't break saves. I hate it when patches do.

I tried the new map script (creation.py) -- pretty neat!

I had an idea after my first attempt at using that map. I ran the Khazad and found myself bottled up since Barbatos occupied the only square out of the dwarves' extensive network of mountain valleys. To make matters worse, Acheron also decided to set up shop a couple squares away from Barbatos, making this a truly rotten neighborhood early on.

Anyway, the idea was a unique terrain improvement for the dwarves that would allow them to build a tunnel to reach the other side of a mountain. This would be pretty useful especially with the style of map that creates long, impassable strings of mountains. Only an allied Civ would be able to use the tunnel besides the dwarves. Of course, with a moderately high Armageddon rating, the occasional Balor (orcs? goblins?) might spawn out of the tunnel. ;)

Sounds like a rather amusing idea. :goodjob:

Though that said I have no idea if it can be done or not, I just play the game, not tinker with it. >.>

First off. I absolutely love the ffh2 mod, It's the only way I play Civ now. Unfortunately I also only play multi-player, and I haven't been able to finish a single game due to out of sync errors. I know this is a known and expected issue with multi-player games, but does anyone know is there a version of ffh2 that had less of these bugs?

There is an option turning off random events that should help with OOC errors, other than that if any of you are playing with a Vista system our last LAN revealed that that is the computer which most often/almost all of the time gets the OOC "error" although we ddidn't find out about the "no random events" option till after and therefor havn't testet this fully (so as of yet we all blame me for running Vista, I'll just bring my old computer to the next LAN which runs xp).

Hope it helps turning off the random events (might even help a vista system, please do tell).

Good stuff.

Works great especially with the new tectonics map. Tectonics, 30% water (lakes), blessings of amatheon, living world, lock modified assets - awesome game.

This is probably old news, but great commanders are not awarded for winning battles, they only come from getting to techs first. Perhaps working as designed, I don't know.

You also generate Great Commanders through some Wonders, World as well as National, just like any other Great Person. Tower of Complacency, Tower of Eyes, Heroic Epic, maybe National Epic (I forget), Dragon's Hoard and a few others.

Cheers!

Hey, I've been gone a couple weeks, missed patches I,J & K can I go straight to L or will I need the others, & if so where do I get them.

Thanx,

Fader

Hey, I've been gone a couple weeks, missed patches I,J & K can I go straight to L or will I need the others, & if so where do I get them.

Thanx,

Fader

All patches are cumulative, so you only need the latest one. Make sure you have BtS patch 3.17 installed.

Good stuff. A couple of minor balancing issues:

1. Traits. Some are great. Others are nearly worthless. "Arcane" is pretty much completely worthless since arcane units gain free XP over time anyway. "Defensive" or "Defender" is also pretty worthless as the "homeland" promotion (10% withdrawal chance?) is not nearly as good as the standard defensive promotion from vanilla CIV. "Ingenuity" is also on the weak list, although better than the above two.

Best military trait: raiders...the +1 XP per combat in addition to the commando bonus is much better than aggressive's promotion (combat I) to a smaller subset of units.

Financial, organized are quite strong -- charismatic is good -- others are mostly somewhere in the middle.

2. Guilds in FFH2 don't really have the significance or impact that they do in BTS -- the mercenaries from the merchant's guild are nice; the other stuff is of little effect. "Ratcatcher's guild" I have had in most of my games but I still have little idea what it does because it has little or no effect apparent on gameplay. Aeron's bounty - 2 XP for recon units -- is another big "so what" because by the time you get it, usually you already have a force of trained recon units that has been gaining XP. Most of the other guilds are restricted to specific factions (i.e. Cult of the Dragon) and have little impact whatever on gameplay. Ditto on the others.

It would be nice to see the guild concept developed more -- there are lots of opportunities for this -- like in vanilla BTS where corporations offer some more meaningful and distinct benefits and drawbacks. As it is, merchant guild mercenaries are about the only guild that has any discernable effect on gameplay. Seriously, a wizard's guild that offered a research bonus but production penalty, or similar things, would be great -- competing guilds that can't coexist in the same city, etc. There are lots of opportunities for cool guilds in a fantasy universe like FFH2.

This is just a heads up (not sure if it's been posted elsewhere) -- whenever Hyborem captures a city, it causes an OOS error (I tested this by attempting to play as Hyborem). This might also explain some OOS errors my friends and I have had when Hyborem's in the game. And, while I'm on the subject of Hyborem, isn't expansive a worthless trait for him? Thanks again for all of your hard work on this great mod; it's the only Civ I play any more.

11. Moved the free Great Engineer back from Engineering to Machinery.
No offense, Kael, but this completely SUCKS!!!! I always use the Great Engineer to quickly bring in the Guild of Hammers which permits me to start building the City of 1000 Slums immediately after more quickly. In fact I typically don't construct forges since I get smelting, then go for Engineering as soon as possible rather than waste valuable shields working on expensive forges.

Since I'm not currently connected to the Internet at home (writing this from work), I haven't been able to upgrade lately (WildBlue keeps telling me they will call back in 24 hours every time I call -- this has been going on close to a month!!!!) so the events of a couple of recent games with Hyborem surprised me quite a bit...

In two consecutive games Hyborem just claimed one of my best cities. The first time wasn't so bad since when I demanded he return the city -- must to my surprise -- he did so. I guess he didn't like the fact that he was completely surrounded by my cities (and forces).

The second time really bit... Again, he claimed one of my best cities -- this time even further from his civilization than in the prior game (different continent, the city was in the MIDDLE of my continent). This time around when I demanded he return the city he told me to put it where the sun doesn't shine (I guess he liked having the Next, the Form of the Titan, and the Soul Forge!!). I would up going to war with him to get the city back.

Here's my question: What type of spell does Hyborem have where he can simply claim one of my finest cities despite the fact that he isn't terribly close to them? It's not like it was bordering his kingdom and, in the second case, it was half a world away from him.

Thanks.

Kael, quit patchin. Some of us have modmods to do. lol.

Seriously, tho, is "l" gonna be the last one for a few months?

I am encountering a problem with my capital that I'm hoping that someone can help me with... Even with all the games that I've played, this is the first time that I've encountered such an issue.

Late in the game I'm finding that I cannot actually enter (and schedule) my capital. When I click on it, it APPEARS as if something is happening but a significant portion of the "city screen" is missing. I can see the production queue on the lower left hand side and I have the various "emphasize" buttons on the lower right. However, in place of the standard units, buildings, and wonders in the lower middle, I only have two icons -- one for an ecclesiastic and one for a ratha (neither of which can actually be clicked). Above the bottom is only the current geography around my capital -- absolutely NO city screen. I've tried getting to my capital by going to the next one in line and backing up via the arrow keys -- this completely skips past my capital (where the capital would normally appear, the newest city comes up).

Has anyone encountered this issue before and, if so, how did you fix it?

Thanks.

Yes, this is my day for postings...

I was looking through the "CivilizationUnits.xml" item to see what units I had never seen before when I came across one called an "Ira". Just out of curiousity I permitted myself to build it (appears to be a national unit since you can construct four of them).

I've played most civilizations with most religions and I don't remember ever coming across this unit in the past. To whom does it belong (sure is a weird looking thing!)?

Thanks.

Yes. You won't see him less you have the AC. He comes after the 4 Horsemen and can potentially cause a ton of damage.

Since I'm not currently connected to the Internet at home (writing this from work), I haven't been able to upgrade lately (WildBlue keeps telling me they will call back in 24 hours every time I call -- this has been going on close to a month!!!!) so the events of a couple of recent games with Hyborem surprised me quite a bit...

In two consecutive games Hyborem just claimed one of my best cities. The first time wasn't so bad since when I demanded he return the city -- must to my surprise -- he did so. I guess he didn't like the fact that he was completely surrounded by my cities (and forces).

The second time really bit... Again, he claimed one of my best cities -- this time even further from his civilization than in the prior game (different continent, the city was in the MIDDLE of my continent). This time around when I demanded he return the city he told me to put it where the sun doesn't shine (I guess he liked having the Next, the Form of the Titan, and the Soul Forge!!). I would up going to war with him to get the city back.

Here's my question: What type of spell does Hyborem have where he can simply claim one of my finest cities despite the fact that he isn't terribly close to them? It's not like it was bordering his kingdom and, in the second case, it was half a world away from him.

Thanks.

Hyborem's Whisper is the name of the spell. The 'pedia says that it allows Hyborem to take over an Ashen Veil city (I guess that means any city that has the Ashen Veil in it). He did it to me in my last game, so I just declared war on him and retook the city in question. He was on a distant continent so he couldn't do anything about it.

Kael, quit patchin. Some of us have modmods to do. lol.

Seriously, tho, is "l" gonna be the last one for a few months?

Months?!? No way, you know how aggresive we are with new versions.

My advice to modmodders is honestly don't worry about keeping up with every version that comes out. Concentrate on your modmod and get it working like you want and merge when its convienant for you, not on our schedule.

Months?!? No way, you know how aggresive we are with new versions.

My advice to modmodders is honestly don't worry about keeping up with every version that comes out. Concentrate on your modmod and get it working like you want and merge when its convienant for you, not on our schedule.

That's wat I'm gonna do.

But I wasn't bein serious bout the patch thing. I was jus jokin. Shoulda made that more obvious.

Top Bottom