1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[MOD] Fall from Heaven II

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Modpacks' started by Kael, May 18, 2006.

1. Kael

Kael Deity

Of course there is already a lot of backstory in the mod, in pedia entries and such. But we are currently working on the scenarios. I think that will be more like what you are looking for. The scenarios include scenario chains (have to complete one to unlock the next) which follow 3 characters in greater depth and tell their stories. Along the way many of the other characters stories are woven in.

ps. I really like the art and unit design of HoMM5. But the story was painfully bad in my opinion. I hope we can do better.

2. Cyradin

Cyradin Chieftain

Is there a way to disable the game length, I am a fan of a very slow & methodical empire buildup. I normally build my civ & when I am ready start to use military might to destroy the civs that are not my allies, but it seems generally when I am about to make my starting war moves I get the 99 turns left message in the upper corner. Is there any way to extend or completely disable that?

3. Kael

Kael Deity

You can disable the time victory. But keep in mind that even after your time expires it doesnt just force you to stop playing. Although you cant win any victory conditions after that point it does allow you to keep playing your game if you want.

4. Cyradin

Cyradin Chieftain

Thank you for the quick response kael, & I didn't realize it would let you keep playing, I just would get irritated at that point & turn it off. I do want to comment on the background music you guys have, its amazing & gives a really immersive feeling while playing. In fact one of the songs sounds familiar but I cant place it, it starts out "We are the darkness, we are the dawn" & has chanting in it, would it be possible to let me know what song that is?

5. Kael

Kael Deity

Sorry, Im not sure which song oyu mean.

6. darkedone02

darkedone02 The Suggestor

The Story is really not that bad in my opinion, it's a series and connects on each game, including dark messiah, which takes place after HoMM 5. Also I like the necropolis theme song, it's like a march and not your normal haunting song.

7. TheJopa

TheJopa Šumar

All songs can be found in soundtrack folder in the mod folder. I think you might be looking for Blood of Angels by Nox Arcana.

8. pchem

pchem Chieftain

I was playing 0.34h last night, and for the first time in many many versions of FFH2 I tried luichirp / beery brawl or whoever. My Barnaxus had mobility, combat 1-5, and a ton of other stuff, but my iron golems being produced in cities were STR 10 and with no promotions. What's the story? I thought Barnaxus was supposed to boost golems? Do I have to do something to trigger this? Is there a bug? Is the bonus hidden?

Also the arete / earthmother combo, I thought that made it so if you had more gold in bank per city, you got a boost in productivity. And that the status bar would say things like "overflowing", etc. I never saw that -- but maybe that effect is only for the other dwarf race. it's been a while :p

The AI is remarkably poor at teching at prince level. I never had a problem keeping a huge tech lead, or having way more advanced units than the enemy. Maybe that's a problem of prince level, but civ4:bts seemed more challenging.

Really enjoyed the heros, wonders, world events, and units! Fun mod, nice work.

9. kharas

kharas Chieftain

I tried to continue a saved game, but once I load the file, I get this message:

"The file you have been selected is protected to ensure that the assets in your mod folder have not been changed".

What can I do?:religion:

10. jedihunter51

jedihunter51 Chieftain

is there any certain date or time when .40 will come out i want to play scenerios so bad right now i have .34 is that the best so far?

11. jselsmark

jselsmark FFH2 Fanatic

Golems should get empowerment 1-5 for each combat (1-5) barnaxus has (none other)... as for vaults that is khazak only...

I only play at noble so I wouldn't know about the teching at prince lvl...

12. Kael

Kael Deity

I posted some scenario teaser information (including the release date) on the website: http://www.civfanatics.com/ffh

Enjoy! ;)

13. thomas.berubeg

thomas.berubeg Wandering the World

OOH! pretty! i can't wait.

14. Dargon

Dargon Chieftain

playing with with Elohim the game crashed at turn 100.
    Was using the flexible difficulty and was on deity
    was playing the Erabus map

15. jselsmark

jselsmark FFH2 Fanatic

Nice to see that the homepage has been updated once again... it was falling seriously behind at a certain time as I recall... I have now re-added it to my favorites :)

16. Shaiten

Shaiten Chieftain

So im playing a game of FH2 and all my units took death damage and now my cities are unhealthy what the hell happened

17. GeeJo

GeeJo Flibbertigibbet

You got hit by Blight, an event which occurs when the Armageddon Counter reaches 40. Further nasty things will happen as the Counter goes even higher.

18. Shaiten

Shaiten Chieftain

Figured it had something to do with the counter.Thanks now to figure out how to make the counter go down lol

19. ma.KaBre

ma.KaBre Chieftain

Try installing the latest patch. It was an issue with flexible difficulty exceeding deity difficulty but it was (said to be) fixed in one of the patches.

20. Dargon

Dargon Chieftain

ty that helped :)