[MOD] Fall from Heaven II

I installed the mod fine, but I encountered a problem. I got as far as selecting my leader, civ, world, size, speed etc, but after it says "Initializing" it encounters a problem and has to close.

You have BTS patch 3.17 installed allright?

The Hyborem problem is know and unfortunately there is no fix to it.

Do you mean: "There is no fix yet." or "There can never be a fix." In the latter case: Could you try to explain why? (Is the problem rooted in the engine and not your mod or something like that?)

Oops. :hammer2: Guess I'd better get that installed...

Okay, now I installed the patch and saved it under MODS. Figuring it probably wasn't a mod, I extracted the files to the Patch folder under a folder named something like bts_3.17_patch (I forget the exact name.) It still doesn't work, what should I do?

1) Do multiple Privateers plundering trade from the same city each get a full share, or is it split between them? Also, does the Raider civ leader trait double this? (Or whatever the one that gets you double plunder some land tiles is called)

AFAIK, Only one Privateer can plunder each city at a time.

2) Does the angel Brigit have any special abilities making it worth the bother of freeing her? I was playing Calabim and decided to switch a city over entirely to food production so I could have a Vampire Lord feed from the city until he was level 15 to free her... and was kind of unimpressed. I was like "Wow. I think I just killed a hundred thousand people for some strength 6 chick. Oops?"

She's an Immortal, Hero Angel. What's not to like? She's even female. And she gets really powerful once she hits the higher levels. (And as someone else said, she also has +3 Holy)

3) How many large cities does Kuriotates get? Does is vary based on world size?

Already answered, I believe. 2-5, depending on mapsize.

4) Something I've always been unclear about: Will having multiples of a luxury have added bonuses? Like if I have 3 Cow resources in my empires, does that get me three food per city, etc? I know that mana bonuses are cumulative, since FFH was nice enough to point that out.

No, that goes only for Mana effects. Normal resources only give benefit for the first. Trade any spares away.

5) How the heck do you kill that barbarian dragon, Meshabber of Dis or the last Horseman? They seem invulnerable even to my wave attacks of mercenaries, since they seem to level as I am throwing my hordes against them.

I have only tried facing Acheron the Red Dragon, never Meshabber or the last horseman (Ars?), but the tactic should be the same: Have some units that you are willing to sacrifice (having some with collateral or disease helps), have some good magicians (lvl 3 summons, Entropy debuffs, damaging spells, etc.), and have a small group of elite units/heroes to give the Coup de Grace. Having some strong units with Drill will allow them much higher chances to get a single punch in before going down.

6) Svartalfar with Fellowship of Leaves and Guardian of Nature really Faeryl Viconia is sexy, isn't it?

Fixed and agreed.

7) Who exactly are the Three Horsemen? Servants of Agares? Of the original Creator? Something else?

I'm no expert, someone else said something smart... But I do believe there are four Horsemen, and that they have their origin in biblic myths.

8) What happens if the Armageddon Counter gets to 100? Kaboom?

... Try it and tell us :lol:

Hope it helped.

Quote:
"Wow. I think I just killed a hundred thousand people for some strength 6 chick. Oops?"

Not the first or last time a pretty face sparked mass murder.

She also has fire affinity - that means for every fire mana you have she gets +1 fire damage. So with her base str + 3 holy damage and any additional fire mana you have she can be a force.

The Four Horsemen are the manifestation of the good/neutral god's fear of the world going into Armageddon (being pulled into the evil god Agares's hell). As in they are unintentionally creating them. This also represents their loss of control over the world as the evil gods gain power. Unlike what some say, the world isn't being destroyed per say. It is merging with the lowest level of hell were the god of despair (Agares) has more power and control.

Faeryl ain't got nothing on Mahala =). Ain't nothing like a woman that can love you and beat the hell out of you all in the same night. (yes Mahala is a woman) - Yea baby lower that Armageddon Count =)

Welcome to civfanatics!

I assume you mean why doesnt it have a 2nd tech. In FfH we dont follow patterns just for patterns sake. Just because the other religions have something doesnt mean this one has one. Some religions have civics, some have 2 heroes, some are associated with councils.

You may be used to balance by patterns (everything is basically the same except for a a couple changes). FfH doesnt work like that. We build very different systems and then try to balance them against each other. Its a touch job to balance out, but in the end I think its more interesting.

Thanks for the welcome, and ah that makes sense then ^_^. I was just curious because I saw it said it gives Unquestionable Obedience (Technology) and got confused since I couldn't find it anywhere. But yea, you're right it does make things more interesting, I also love how your Infernal and (Angel Race name here) works...only thing that kinda sucks is the Angels are forced to ally with the one who open the gates...I personally have no bigger pleasure than ripping apart my own creation! Bwuahaha! :lol:

So then! One other thing I was wondering is if it's possible to edit game settings for single player like you could for a hotseat game (winning conditions and such)

Okay, now I installed the patch and saved it under MODS. Figuring it probably wasn't a mod, I extracted the files to the Patch folder under a folder named something like bts_3.17_patch (I forget the exact name.) It still doesn't work, what should I do?
Actually I don't completely get what you mean. :(

The file should be an executable file installing the beyond the sword patch when double clicked...

Do you mean: "There is no fix yet." or "There can never be a fix." In the latter case: Could you try to explain why? (Is the problem rooted in the engine and not your mod or something like that?)

Probably never a fix. The network sync code isnt public so its really hard to troubleshoot. Thats not to say I wont be hit by inspiration or someone else wont figure it out sometime down the road. But so far the OOS is winning that battle.

Actually I don't completely get what you mean. :(

The file should be an executable file installing the beyond the sword patch when double clicked...
1. Oops, I installed the unofficial patch.
2. Even the official patch installs as a zipped folder.

Am I installing the wrong patch? I can't remember where I got it from.

Thanks for all the good info, all!

I'll be sure to let Brigit know that she can be a vampire now with all the cool kids and can have her own city to eat! :king:

Just had a very curious experience playing a game of FFH, using patch T. In one of the very earliest turns of the game.. I mean within the first ten, possibly even first five.. I encountered Capria of the Bannor with her cultural borders expanded to the degree they would be if Torrolerial had 500+ culture. :eek:

The only conceivable explanation I could think of was if she'd had some zany event occur for her, but ye gods, what event could that possibly be? Because I sure never get anything that good. :crazyeye:

There is an event where you get a free Great Bard for the cost of 15 turns riot in the city. Now if you culture bomb the city that's 0 turns of rioting for 4k culture (normal speed).

This is an awesome mod (at least, now that it's finally installed.) What I don't like is Sheelba whipping my butt at Somnium.

This is an awesome mod (at least, now that it's finally installed.) What I don't like is Sheelba whipping my butt at Somnium.

Then you'll just have to practice, won't you... ? :D

I have to agree the AI is surprisingly good at Somnium - I've had my butt whipped any number of times...

I win about 3 in 5 games. I like the fact that the leader's Somnium strategy matches their persona. Logos is measured and conservative. The orcs play recklessly, drawing more cards (and fools).

Getting your ass kicked by an Orc in Somnium, I see why you are discouraged, I think Somnium will be a great way to spend time when playing LAN games while waiting for the "slow guys" to finish their turns.

Patch "w" is linked in the first post. It won't break save games and makes the following changes:

1. Fixed an error with commerce reads in building loads.
2. Magic Immune give 50% resistance to the magic damage types, instead of 100%.
3. Vitalize wont show as castable on marsh's (since it doesnt do anything to them anyway).
4. Barnaxus will get the abilities from the city he is built in (if they have the pallens engine, etc).
5. Fixed an issue with invisibility from promotions (units that could see invisible couldn't see them).
6. Fixed an issue where defensive withdrawal caused the attacking unit to lose double the normal amount of movement points.
7. The new player popup wont happen in multiplayer games anymore.
8. Fixed an error with the Shrine of Camulos event.
9. OCC no longer has a limited amount of national wonders.
10. Added the Against the Grey scenario.
11. Fixed an error that could cause python errors and CtD's when casting For the Horde.
12. Fixed an error revealing invisible units (now they will be kicked out of stacks invis allowed them to be in) that could cause CtD's.

10. Added the Against the Grey scenario. QUOTE]

Thank you for this new patch Kael. However, i just installed it and saw the "against the grey" scenario is not available yet, and the game tells me to look for it in a future patch...

Top Bottom