[MOD] Fall from Heaven II

Why is he Meshabber of Dis then? Why not make him like national units then and make him Meshabber of...wherever?

Btw, I FINALLY got that animation software I wanted, and if you don't have someone doing this already I could try working on some buildings or wonder animations or w/e. I might need to get used to using it again, since I haven't had access to it in about a year.

what software???

anyway... Kael... will you still be offering the dl for the vanilla version of FfH??? cause im too poor right now to get BtS... :sad:

oh and GOOD JOB GUYS!!! :goodjob:

Why is he Meshabber of Dis then? Why not make him like national units then and make him Meshabber of...wherever?

Btw, I FINALLY got that animation software I wanted, and if you don't have someone doing this already I could try working on some buildings or wonder animations or w/e. I might need to get used to using it again, since I haven't had access to it in about a year.

Dis is, insofar as I understand, a city located in Hell. It only appears in Erebus when Hyborem is summoned by the followers of the Veil, and must have existed in Hell for a long time before then. Perhaps it even still exists in Hell at the same time as existing in Erebus, either as a multi-dimensional entity or as two separate places.

Regardless of that, we know Meshabber is "Meshabber of Dis" because he rules / ruled Dis. Now if Dis literally moves to Erebus perhaps he is left in Hell. He is still "Meshabber of Dis" because he always has been, but in order to come to Erebus he needs someone to summon him. He wouldn't be "Meshabber of Graelinvig" or whatever just because some lousy mortal opened the portal there.

Do barbarians now tend to stay in and around their lairs rather than attack cities? How does that work?

Illians claim tha Auric is incarnation of some god/angel that killed nature god (i havent read lore latelly, but thats what i remember).
So if Illians are right and Auric IS his incarnation, than Ljosfaltar have to avange their decased god. As for Illians, they dont give a you-know-what about what threy think, as long as they dont do something funny.

I hate you guys. I would have stopped playing Civ IV ages ago if it wasn't for you. Even Warlords couldn't hold my attention. BUT this.. Huge periods of my life just gone. And every time I think I can break the habit, there is a new version.. Sometimes there were several versions since I last checked (Like now.. I had .20, downloading 23c).. If you guys don't stop, I may never buy another game again...

The actual enemies listed don't matter much, since they are not actually used in diplomacy (they were going to be, but the team decided they wanted games to be more flexible)

Varn Gosam and the elves that tried to kill Auric were neither Dark elves nor Light Elves. They were "Once Elves," the descendants of elves who were taken into the Vale by an evil sorcerer at a time when these two groups were still one. However, these elves were dark haired and very, very pale (because the sun had never shone on them), so they were often mistaken for the Svaltafar.

I hate you guys. I would have stopped playing Civ IV ages ago if it wasn't for you. Even Warlords couldn't hold my attention. BUT this.. Huge periods of my life just gone. And every time I think I can break the habit, there is a new version.. Sometimes there were several versions since I last checked (Like now.. I had .20, downloading 23c).. If you guys don't stop, I may never buy another game again...

well, for us developing is like playing for you, we just cant stop and there is so much we want to do, so much more fun to put into it, so much more life, so much more graphics, so much more rosie o donnel ;)

But well, get your friends to play ffh and you are fine :)

Still loving the mod - I'm following the BTS conversion progress with anticipation and am impressed by the progress!

For now though - a question on 0.23c. I'm receiving reports of sabotage within my empire every few turns. I've tried wondering around recon units with "See invisible animals" such as Rangers but have so far not been able to track the culprit down. I've also searched the 'pedia and the wiki but haven't tracked down a reference to sabotage yet.

Could someone please enlighten me as to what unit could help me spot the intruder? And also what unit can perform sabotage? I hope it's a unit belonging to Mahala! That would be an ideal pretext for war (other than he's in first and I am second!!!).

Could someone please enlighten me as to what unit could help me spot the intruder?
Reverlers, marksman or birds help.
Rangers can only see spiders.
And also what unit can perform sabotage? I hope it's a unit belonging to Mahala! That would be an ideal pretext for war (other than he's in first and I am second!!!).
That are shadows. Your national upgrades of assasins.

Don't worry about not having to buy another game ever again... this mod is being converted to BTS atm. so if you wanna continue playing this mod with all the newest stuff you will have to buy the latest expansion :D

Every time I play a large map, game goes fine until around turn 200. Then, every 3 or 4 turns it ctd and I get this:

I have autosave enabled, I keep 5 autosaves. I think the error occures when game tries to autosave, because the ctd comes when:

1: new turn comes
2: I try to save

This happens only with FFH. Any ideas?

What are your system specs?

I've never had that happen, but in my experience (and may be related) CivIV has a continuing issue with "memory bleed" - occasionally the game will sloooooooow doooooooooooooown and I have to reload from autosave. I now
shut down all unnecessary TSR programs before starting a game.

Top Bottom