[MOD] Fall from Heaven II

Sorry to offer a cheat, but can't you just manually load a scenario from the ffh folder on your hard drive?

That's how I played the scenario before the scenario load screen was fixed in a later patch.

If the issue is simply which of two leader to start with Calabim or otherwise, I'd like at least to be able to choose also at the scenario start screen.

Frankly, I had no idea that I could start as a differant leader by making a diff choice in a previous scenario.

I think it's a major oversight to not make that extremely clear. I dislike discovering something as cool as that by trolling the forums rather than understanding it from the ui. Not trying to sound like a bully, just talking straight.

Who am I to complain, it's free, and awesome!

It is just a little saddening to learn that there's all kinds of twist and options of play that I may never understand because they are like Easter eggs; you stumble upon them or someone tells you where they are.

Respectfully.

I think it's a major oversight to not make that extremely clear. I dislike discovering something as cool as that by trolling the forums rather than understanding it from the ui. Not trying to sound like a bully, just talking straight.
That's fair; in fact, I'll suggest it is added to the scenario description.

<< Is there any way to play a standard game in which the animals spawn as rapidly as in the first Scenario with Falamar and Keelyn? >>

Whenever I do a custom game with "Raging Barbarians" and "Wildlands" options selected, it doesn't seem as though it changes much.

I've never been able to build the Grand Menagerie without going into the worldbuilder to create the animals I'm missing.

If the issue is simply which of two leader to start with Calabim or otherwise, I'd like at least to be able to choose also at the scenario start screen.

Frankly, I had no idea that I could start as a differant leader by making a diff choice in a previous scenario.

Who am I to complain, it's free, and awesome!

It is just a little saddening to learn that there's all kinds of twist and options of play that I may never understand because they are like Easter eggs; you stumble upon them or someone tells you where they are.

Respectfully.

Documentation will still be done in the future.
Your observations are very valid, but expect alot more of these problems with very many aspects of the mod. The only quickfix for many of those issues available right now would be to download Xienwolfs excellent FFH2 Manual. Highly recommended. Fixes most of these issues.

Those issues with documentation are known and I'm sure the team will fix them once the time will come (still if problems are not mentioned they can often be missed so your request is surely very helpful)

The reason why the documentation hasn't been done yet is that the mod only very recently left the "beta" stages. Before that point the features changed radically very often and thus work on documentation would have often been wasted. So its somewhat understandable that the team didn't dedicate lots of resources into that area as of yet...

Hope that helps you understanding why that part is lacking.

Patch "s" is linked in the first post. It wont break save games and makes the following changes:

1. Fixed the Boar Rider (its supposed to be a Horseman UU but it had Horse Archer stats).
2. New Svartalfar Ranger model by seZereth.
3. Added an Intro popup for new players.
4. Fixed a CtD if an invisible unit uses mirror on an enemy stack.
5. Wages of Sin: You will only see the Valin and Rosier intro messages the first time they are created (for black mirror combos and such).
6. Mulcarn Reborn: turns between switches changed from 20 to 40.
7. Mulcarn Reborn: Decius now enters the game on turn 5.
8. Mulcarn Reborn: Increased starting units.
9. AI: lowered the AIs chance to spam ships (weighting lowers if ships > players amount of cities).
10. Heroes and non-UU units only one civ can build (like flagbearers) are correctly listed in the pedia as being unique to a their civilization.
11. Fixed an issue that caused players that entered the game late (Basium, Koun, some scenario characters) to start with a reduced score (they weren't getting power/asset/score points for the techs their team had).
12. Reduced the cost for the Mithril Golem and Meshabber from 5000 to 1200.

12. Reduced the cost for the Mithril Golem and Meshabber from 5000 to 1200.

Sweet! Now they are tactically viable options and give folks reason to fear in the late game with a high counter.

Aw man ffh2 team, why did you make this so awesome?
I played for 25minutes before my city was captured by a fireball thing.
Some of the best 25minutes of ever.
This isn't even Civ anymore, this is a new game that is completely free!

12/10

Patch R seemed to corrupt my blood of Angels scenario. Whenever I start a brand new game of that scenario as Devilio<sic>, Lanun is dead and I get a conquest victory without playing.

Patch R seemed to corrupt my blood of Angels scenario. Whenever I start a brand new game of that scenario as Devilio<sic>, Lanun is dead and I get a conquest victory without playing.

Try patch "s". I put a fix in for one of the conditions that causes that.

The problem is that the scenarios randomize some startign lairs, huts and resources and depending on how they were laid out they sometimes kill cities and cause this condition. Hopefully I caught the last one in "s".

Do you mean the patch "s" you already released, or the other patch "s" we'd have to wait for? :p
Edit:oh, it seems you just changed that to "t," this my attempt to tease you was in vain. Drat.

Disappointing that the Lord of the Balors Scenario didn't have a "Victory Story", but just said "Coming Soon"

Disappointing that the Lord of the Balors Scenario didn't have a "Victory Story", but just said "Coming Soon"

Basiums is the last to write. All of the rest of them are in.

OK, first off I'm living in the past. While everyone else is enjoying the latest, greatest from Kael and company (scenarios and everything!!!), I'm stuck back at the .31 level due to a lack of an Internet connection (except at work! Please don't ask why...). Anyway, not knowing when I might get Internet back and wanting to try some "mods" on my own (being a programmer myself), I tried to do a few things at the .31 version and have some questions that hopefully someone (?) can answer. I would have posted this to the main Civ 4 thread, but I'm fairly certain that these are specific to custom FfH logic.

1. I've always been a fan of pikemen and their ability against mounted units so I decided to try adding them back in from the .25 version (changing the "xml" as necessary for new or changed tags). Everything works OK BUT the art work. When I look at the "art" definition, I see something like the path "/Art/Units/Civs/Malakim/...." (probably not exactly right) so I figured that this directory would be SOMEWHERE on my computer. BUT... even after a full search of my entire drive (I even went into the registry and tried a search) I find no such animal. I know it works since the art is there when I go into the .25 version and the .31 version has similiar paths in the civilization art style xml. So... How does this work? Is it some kind of packed or zipped file? If so is there some way to extract the art work for pikemen?

2. My wife is a big fan of Cassiel (she thinks he's cool looking) and the Grigori civilization (she really likes their world spell). BUT -- she hates the fact that they cannot have a religion. So, being too smart for my own good, I told her that I could fix it. I went into the "Cassiel" leader profile and removed the "Agnostic" trait and went into the "Grigori" civ profile and gave them the ability to construct temples. Well, this permitted them to research (and found!) religions and gave them the ability to build temples. But... when my wife tried to adopt a religion for the Grigori lo and behold she was blocked from doing so. What is the setting that controls this? I looked over both the leader and civ "infos" xml and couldn't spot anything that really looked like such a control.

3. OK... I'm a big fan of shadowriders and their ability to play havoc on other civs (along with gaining experience points in preparation for later war). But I have a problem with a "fat mouse". I keep accidentally clicking on the "declare nationality" button instead of picking a new promotion -- like an idiot I know. But, seeing as Shadows can both "declare" and "undeclare" nationality, I figured that I could provide the same capability to shadowriders. But... After looking at both the shadow and shadowrider xmls till I'm "blue in the face" and setting controls where I thought necessary, I still can't get the shadowriders to "undeclare" nationality. Does anyone know what setting controls this?

Thanks in advance for any advice that can be provided and my apologies for such a lengthy note.
Just out of curiousity, does everyone simply think the above is cheating too much or does no one know the answers?

not sure about 1 and 2, but 3 should be kinda easy. the ability to gain and lose HN at will is given by the Mask promo that comes with CoE religion. so making shadowriders start with mask should allow you to go HN at will

I haven't studied these in comparison, but do the difficulty choices effect scenarios or are they a fixed difficulty? Same with pace, does Epic, Marathon, etc have the usual impact?

I haven't studied these in comparison, but do the difficulty choices effect scenarios or are they a fixed difficulty? Same with pace, does Epic, Marathon, etc have the usual impact?

Difficulty level definitly effects the scenarios just as it does the normal game. Some scenarios even modify the starting units based on the difficulty.

I playtest all the scenarios at normal speed. You can change the speed, but there are no promises that it will be paced appropriately.

I'm playing "Into the Desert" as Calabim. I got my first Nightwatch but after a few turns, maybe 10, or more, it lost its Hidden Nationality promotion. If I go into WB to add it back, its removed the next time it goes into enemy land.

I did sign open borders with Kane, trying to lure his units into my territory so the Nightwatch would have an easier time. Did this end the hidden nature of my Nightwatch?

I'm playing "Into the Desert" as Calabim. I got my first Nightwatch but after a few turns, maybe 10, or more, it lost its Hidden Nationality promotion. If I go into WB to add it back, its removed the next time it goes into enemy land.

I did sign open borders with Kane, trying to lure his units into my territory so the Nightwatch would have an easier time. Did this end the hidden nature of my Nightwatch?

Was there by chance a Vicar Nearby? Their spell removes HN promotion, the hidden promotion, the invisible promotion, and kills illusions.

Not a bug, but more of a question and observation. How does the AI know what to attack? I'm playing against the Doviello and I can use my Elementals and Wraiths as a screen for my living (and much weaker units) So even though Doviello's hordes of wolves can reach these weaker units, they ALWAYS go for the tougher temporary units. Yes, some units like the Sheiam ones, last longer and thus are more of a threat, but sometimes you'd think the AI wouldn't just attack the biggest threat, but the units they have the best chance of defeating.

If the AI chose to attack my weaker units, ignoring the summoned units, then I might actually lose the summoner units. I would think there needs to be some sort of AI tweak where it will tend to ignore summoned units in favor of living units since while the summoned units may stick around on the next turn, the living ones always will. So they are a much higher long term threat.

Plus, why throw away 4-6 good wolf packs against a Djinn that won't last till the next turn when they those same high-powered wolf packs might kill a few of my Champions?

Top Bottom