Mod Ideas from an Old Fart

Glorthoron

Warlord
Hey Guys,

First, I want to thank everyone in the moding community for all the great mods.

Next, I want to share some ideas that I would love to see as mods, but I, being an old man, don't have the know how to mod, and don/t have the time to learn. So, once these are thrown out there, I would hope that some one might pick these ideas up and run with them. Whether or not they are possible, I don't know. But I will leave it in everyone else's hands.

1) Great Canals. An ability for a worker to build (probably at great cost) a sea route directly through a land tile that has water on both sides without having to build a city on that spot. Such as the Panama and Suez canals. This would probably destroy the tile itself, for the purposes of being worked by a city.

2) Roads and Harbours for trading. I recall back in Civ 3, that a road (or link via harbour) between civs was required before they could trade resources. I would like to see this again as a mod. As well, I think that if you have a road connected between your civ and another civ or city-state, you should get some kind of bonus to the trade result.

These are two ideas, and I have more. . . . . Just can't think of them at the moment. If anyone likes them. Please feel free to go forth with them.

G.

1) Great Canals. An ability for a worker to build (probably at great cost) a sea route directly through a land tile that has water on both sides without having to build a city on that spot. Such as the Panama and Suez canals. This would probably destroy the tile itself, for the purposes of being worked by a city.

WHoward made a mod here its not canal but it sort like that. Also there are lots of interesting mods there.
2) Roads and Harbours for trading. I recall back in Civ 3, that a road (or link via harbour) between civs was required before they could trade resources. I would like to see this again as a mod. As well, I think that if you have a road connected between your civ and another civ or city-state, you should get some kind of bonus to the trade result....
I think that is the Trade Route System of BNW?

I think what he meant was you have to have roads to a civilization's city to trade resources.

Yes. That was one of the things I meant. It was originally in Civ3 (I don't know about Civ4). But I also think there should be a bonus to the gold / science trading if there is a road connecting.

Top Bottom