Mod is crashing on bigger maps

Alrik2002

Warlord
I´ve merged a mod based on Better BAT AI and some python and xml things. Everything works fine on my computers but a friend of me has a weird problem. When he tries to start a game with one of the two smallest map types it works, but when he tries to generate a bigger map with the mod, the game crashes while it´s initialising.

With normal BTS 3.19 he can generate games on huge maps without problems. Have you any idea what could causes a problem like this and how could I fix this?

Thank you for your help.

Alrik

Yes it works for me with his settings. What do you mean with specs?

I´ve added the DxDiag.txt of his system like it was recommended in the technical support which I´ve just discovered.:blush:

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    24.5 KB · Views: 86
I meant the computer specifications, hardware, OS, etc.
Since his system is sure capable of Civ4, the OS could maybe be the source. The .dll can behave different depending on OS (e.g. Vista is pickier than XP), and don't know...maybe that somehow interferes with the memory too :dunno:.
Else no real idea :sad:.

Do you run Civ4 in winxp compatibility mode? I run it without that! And I have win7 64 bit. BTW, playing between two different OS has always been a pain in the butt.

It´s because we like to play pitboss games and we had some OOS-Errors. Our "Piboss-Hoster" said we should play at compatibility-mode since we had one player with winXP, one with Vista and the rest with win7 (32 and 64 bit). Now XP is gone but we still have a mix.

Ok. We´ve found the problem, or we at least could bring the mod to work with bigger maps. We use smartmap and checked the preferences again. This time we found two differences and one of them is causing the problem. When he changed to my settings, he could start the game an I couldn´t start a game with his settings.

Thank you for your help and your good ideas!:goodjob:

Top Bottom