[MOD] Modular United Mods

Harald Hårfagre;7411349 said:
What about using Italy instead. They had colonies in north and east africa. Their first built colony could be named Tripoli... and so on
They could use the same flag as the romans in Civ4...

Well... My country colonization started very far from the Civ4 Colonization timeline...

They start with the conquest of Eritrea in 1884. Then Somalia in 1890, Libia in 1911 and some Greek Islands in 1912.
Later, under Fascist dictatorship :)mad:) they conquer Etihopia in 1936, Albania in 1939 and during the war they had Tunisia and Egypt (more or less) Until they were defeated and lost everything... :lol:

As you see... This is not the Colonization timeline... However... In some scenarios...

Impossible to download...

I'd like to test this mod, sounds like a good job. But... the place where you put it doesn't work properly. It says "wait for 5 minutes", but time never comes down to zero, it's always at 5 min. I have no intention of becoming a paying subscriber....

I hope you can upload it somewhere else.

Ciao,
Civ4ludo

I'd prefer the Viking audio files for Swedish unit speech. The Vikings speak contemporary Norwegian, which is as close to Swedish as you get in Civ 4.

I'd prefer the Viking audio files for Swedish unit speech. The Vikings speak contemporary Norwegian, which is as close to Swedish as you get in Civ 4.

Hi Optimizer. Yes, this should be a good idea. I will fix the audio in the next version. Thx for feedback. :goodjob:

Mod Update to v1.1

All 4 new Modular civs (Portugal, China, Sweden, Denamrk)

Added modular China
Some colonizopedia entries filled
Some bugs corrected
Denmark king changed to Christian IV (and no more "New Copenaghen") :)

Any help for improve buttons, leaderheads and whatever else are very appreciated!!! :)

Good work!
Maybe in some day, we can see 20 civs rushing and striving on the land of new world!
That would be exactly ONE WORLD ONE DREAM! :)

Besides current civs, I would like to see civs like Germany, Russia, Italy, Japan, Austria-Hungary, Israel joinning the col. journey.

Besides current civs, I would like to see civs like Germany, Russia, Italy, Japan, Austria-Hungary, Israel joinning the col. journey.

That would be a strange scenario... Neither Germany, Italy nor Israel existed as countries in the era covered by the game, after all. :crazyeye:

A few German minor nations would fit in, however. Most notably Courland, Bavaria and Hannover, all of whom made attempts at colonising. A couple of Italian states would perhaps be within reason, like Genoa and Venice. The Habsburgs (Austria-Hungary) would never have had the opportunity to go colonising, busy as they were warring against Poland, the Ottomans, Prussia, Venice and several others more or less all the time. The Japanese could conceivably have done it, however. As could the Koreans, perhaps. But they didn't historically, so I'd prefer to keep them out. And Russia did its colonising in Siberia until the 1800s, so I'd keep them out as well.

All in all, I hope all of the new civs created from now on will be completely modular, so I can choose the ones I prefer. I want to keep my game as plausible as possible, so I just want four new ones: Portugal, Sweden, Denmark and Courland. Plus maybe Scotland...

I have played twice! Good game!
Just a little problem, it seems the map generator system has been adjusted, so china always starts from the east side. I tried to remodify the map script, but didn't work.
However, a good game to be kept on! Wait to see new release.

Good work!

Thx buddy. But it is your worth too if you like my mod... :lol::lol::lol:

That would be a strange scenario... Neither Germany, Italy nor Israel existed as countries in the era covered by the game, after all.

As I wrote some posts before, I agree with you. But, if someone create scenarios with that civs will not be so bad.

it seems the map generator system has been adjusted, so china always starts from the east side.

Well, that's my fault. I just copy the Civilization without West side feature. Probably One day I will add a map (I'm thinking to add Ozzy's America map) and in that map I will let china start from West.

As Danish players suggest me I changed Danish King and remove New Copenhagen from the Danish Civilization, that however need to be improved again (specially buttons and leaderheads)...

I would like you to make a new mod where you play colonists from the classical to the medieval ages. The civ's could be:
Greece (Syracusa, Neapolis, Tarent...)
Phoenicans (Carthage, Utica, Panormus, Qadis...)
Romans (Brundisium, Ostia, Ariminium...)(yes, they had colonies)
Noreg (norwegian vikings)(Reykjavik, Dyvlin(Dublin), Lymrek(limerick), Vedrafjord(Waterford), Gardar(on greenland)...)
Danemark (danish vikings)(Jorvik(York), Jomsborg, Heidaby...)
Svearike (swedish vikings)(Holmgard(Novgorod), Kjønugard(Kiev), Miklagard(Constantinople)...)
and so on...
Hope you like the idea.

P.S
My former account chrashed, so I am the HARALD HÅRFAGRE who wrote some posts earlier in this thread.

Edit: Added Romans and changed Vikings to Noreg, Danemark and Svearike

I would like you to make a new mod where you play colonists from the classical to the medieval ages.

:lol::lol::lol:

The idea sounds good, but that will be a lot of work to do... Nothing Impossible but since I'm NOT a programmer and I've my job and life I can't do that!

Yeah, as the history goes, courland played a colonizing role.

As did Bavaria, but since they bought a colony which they never actually administered themselves, I guess they do not merit a separate Civ... :D

Jokes aside, for a serious Colonization game, the four Civs in the original plus Portugal, Denmark and Sweden, plus perhaps Scotland, should be the full list. Fantasy, "what-if", scenarios could have any number of realistic and non-realistic colony powers, of course, but anything remotely historical should not have Chinese, Russian or *shiver* Israeli colonies. But the beauty of the modular Civs is that each player can make those choices himself (or herself, by all means). So if you think that China would make a valid addition to the core Colonization game, go ahead and add them in. Myself, I'll stick to those nations which had at least some success with American colonies historically.

Jokes aside, for a serious Colonization game, the four Civs in the original plus Portugal, Denmark and Sweden, plus perhaps Scotland, should be the full list. Fantasy, "what-if", scenarios could have any number of realistic and non-realistic colony powers, of course, but anything remotely historical should not have Chinese, Russian or *shiver* Israeli colonies. But the beauty of the modular Civs is that each player can make those choices himself (or herself, by all means). So if you think that China would make a valid addition to the core Colonization game, go ahead and add them in. Myself, I'll stick to those nations which had at least some success with American colonies historically.

The Kalmar Union could be an alternate option as the union existed 1397-1523. This is at the start of the Colonization game, which would also make this a good option for a new add-on colony. I agreed with you in that Russia and Israel is out of the question. But i think these civs could be added:
- Kalmar Union
- Scotland

Also i think China looks great enought to be a colonization power, and i think they fit perfect in the game.

Jokes aside, for a serious Colonization game, the four Civs in the original plus Portugal, Denmark and Sweden, plus perhaps Scotland, should be the full list. Fantasy, "what-if", scenarios could have any number of realistic and non-realistic colony powers, of course, but anything remotely historical should not have Chinese, Russian or *shiver* Israeli colonies.

TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU! Well, removing china from this mod will be maybe a further choice. BTW I think that the full list is the one you said, without Scotland.

Fantasy, "what-if", scenarios could have any number of realistic and non-realistic colony powers

That's true too. I'm on this position since the firsts posts... :lol:

...but anything remotely historical should not have Chinese, Russian or *shiver* Israeli colonies.

So, Russia in Alaska is NOT historical?

Well just wanted to second that. Russia should be before the rest I even think. They did make a colony although later in game. And was much larger than the others.

There were some Germans that tried to colonize Texas I know for sure. Like a plan of some nobles but forgot who right now. Thinking Augsburg for some reason.

China could be a what if. I mean they were more advanced then the Europeans on ship building. The last major ships of China at the time made the Europeans ships look like dwarfs for the time.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Treasure_ship

I mean if you want more what if examples. Mali actually sent some ships once that never returned. Vikings could be another what if.

But probably just crazy ideas.

So, Russia in Alaska is NOT historical?

It is historical, but outside the timeframe of the game. When the others were busy colonising the Americas, the Russians did the same to Siberia. The first permanent Russian settlements in Alaska happened in the 1790s, after all.

Here's an idea:
You could make two versions of this mod, the United MOD Real and the United MOD unreal.
In the unreal MOD you could add civs like Scotland, Kalmar Union, China and maybe a German state like Courland. :)
In the real you could just stick to the civs that's in the game + Denmark, Sweden and Portugal. :D

Hope you like the idea :confused::confused::confused:

Thanks for making a good game :goodjob::goodjob::goodjob:

Wrote after edit 2:
Could you atatch some more thumbnails:confused: I really like to watch those cool Colonization pictures. You should have some where you see the units in battle and some with diplomacy screen up. Some with some more cities showing up... and so on... :cool:

Edit: Wrong word used
Edit 2: Added more
Edit 3: Added an extra word and two smileys

Top Bottom