1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[MOD] Modular United Mods

Discussion in 'Civ4Col - Mods and Files' started by Liambane, Oct 31, 2008.

1. joeaverage

joeaverage Chieftain

let me know if I can help with anything...

2. The Rusty Gamer

The Rusty Gamer Chieftain

Limanbane, how hard would it be for you to include this Mod: Rebalanced REF, but add it is an option in Custom Games, a check box which reads something like "Use linear REF"?

3. Liambane

Liambane Rome's Praetorian

That mod can be easily merged to mine, but i dunno how to make the option in custom games with check box... I'm "skilled" in XML but don't know NOTHING about Phyton... :mischief:

4. Hengoroth

Hengoroth Chieftain

Dear Liambane! All hail u for doing this good work and collecting other good mods that becomes even greater all collected togherer.Could u though PLEASE do anything about the starting locations of the nations,please? Getting tired of seeing to nations settling side by side,while i dominate other parts,especially true if u use the "a new world map" where u can bet without loss that 2 european colonies will settle in south east America and u can easily dominate nothern america.... keep up the good work

5. veBear

veBear Slumerican Citizen

Looks like you made a great list there lubricus and joavarage, and i compleatly agree with you, Christiania would not fit in the game:goodjob:

Also i would ask how your work is going Liambane. Have you replaced som Pictures with animated LH's yet:confused:

And i understand that you know nothing about python, couse I dont know anything either. It's propably the hardest thing to learn:D
    Keep up the good work:king:
    Counting on you:)

PS
    I aint even good in XML:cry:

6. Liambane

I'm working on version 1.2

Here's what I've changed till now:

- Added REF patch mod 1.2 by uppi
    - Added Danish city list by joeaverage and lubricus

- Added new Danish king leaderhead... I find a LH that fix perfectly with him!
    - Added new Swedish king leaderhead.

I'm planning to add a CUSTOM MAP to play with this mod...

What else should I change? Any feedback or ideas are welcome...

7. veBear

Add some more natives with the use of Civ4 leaderheads, im sure you could find some more alternate native civs:mischief:
    Also it had been cool if you could make a new variant of the game, where you will start colonizing a map of Europe instead of America, or just make a map of Australia and the other isles of Oceania:mischief:

And one more thing, can you give me the link to the swedish and danish kings, i want to know how they look:confused:

8. joeaverage

joeaverage Chieftain

Here's a link to one of the better pictures of Chritian IV of Denmark.

9. veBear

I meant the animated LH he replaced it with.

10. joeaverage

joeaverage Chieftain

Sorry, I can't help you there - I'm still new at this mod-thing! ;)

11. veBear

OK, don't mind anyway.

12. balanca

balanca Chieftain

Hi!
    I really like playing with CivBalance mod, and i would like to know, is there a chance anyone could merge these two mods?
    Or at least tell me, how could I add these new nations+flags into colonization, so I wouldnt have to Load a mod for this and still play with CivBalance?

Oh and: how come there has to be 300 of goods to only take one room of cargo? In col there is 100? And prices have been changed too...

13. Liambane

I upload a minor imporvement of my mod... Version 1.2 is ready for download.
    It has SMALL IMPROVEMENTS, but that's what I can do since I'm very busy...

This can be easily done. Maybe in the next version. Btw I think that just a mayan empire sounds good in this way...

This is a good idea for MAP DESIGNERS!!! :lol:

Downoload the mod and you will see. Don't expect nothing special!!! :lol:

I never tried CivBalance mod so i don't have idea if theese two mods can be merged. Btw IMPOSSIBLE IS NOTHING...

Dude, is not so hard but keep this work as a mod... Never touch the original version of the game!!! If you merge my mod to original, you will probably never able to play other mods!!! :lol::lol:

14. veBear

MERRY X MAS EVERYBODY!!!

15. Galandor

Galandor Chieftain

Hello, i just wanted to know how many turns does this mod have? have you increased the number? and also can you tell me how to increase the number myself?

ps: you should check out this mod for the map; http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=10979. : ), or does it interfere with the blue marble mod???. I hope this mod isn't dead...

16. joeaverage

joeaverage Chieftain

I think I've found a bug in the MOD. For some reason when I load this MOD into the game, the learning fuction for converted natives doesn't seem to work anymore. They simply can't learn in the village from where they came.

Anyone experience this as well?

By the way - excellent with the new Danish names... :)

17. kaibayashi

kaibayashi Chieftain

I think this is part of Dale/Snoopy's PatchMod which is included in this. It's by design, not a bug.

18. joeaverage

joeaverage Chieftain

Ahh, now it makes sense. Thank you for the answer. :goodjob:

19. Masterman

Masterman Chieftain

Since I always look for new, fun mods to play, I recently found Modular United Mods. The concept of playing another colonizing European power or warring against or cooperating with them is terrific. However, not even the greatest of mods can "stand the test of time" without good maps to play on. Good maps for me are realistic, historical maps. :D

The point: Therefore I created a map for Modular United Mods v1.2 from the Ozzy's America map with correct starting positions for the English, Dutch, Spanish, French, Portuguese, Swedish, Danish and Chinese.

I've playtested the map and the results were quite promising. The English, French, Portuguese and Spanish all arrived at their historically correct starting positions. The Dutch created an empire on the north coast of South America. The Danes built an empire in Argentina (I've no idea why, they start up north). The Swedes placed themselves north of Canada. The Chinese built an empire north of California. However, I'm not fully satisfied with these results; I'd like to get propositions for where in the seas to place the Swedish, Dutch and Danish starting units; a geographic description or even coordinates on Ozzy's map would do. :mischief:

I noticed something that might be a bug: I alone were exploring North America using scouts. Despite there being three European powers on the eastern seaboard (I was New China on the western seaboard) I had no competition to get to the riches. Very odd!

Since it's possible to limit the number of colonizing power on a map (by adjusting the contents of a specific file), it should be possible to select which European powers to use in your game. This "new" map should therefore be useful for any player. Also, I'd, at once, include the Russians in Alaska if someone were to create a Russian modular pack for this mod.

Question: So, is there any interest in seeing my modified Ozzy's America map with correct starting positions posted here?

/ Peter Masterman :)

20. Liambane

Dude, I understand perfectly what you said in your post. Let me explain; basically this mod should had a 1.3 version with others new civilizations and the ozzy's america map fixed for play with.

I never had success to create a fixed map with ozzy's america and i leave the project alone, letting this mod "die". however in MuM v1.2 there are modular civilizations that can be used for any other ideas... If you want to upload the map, for me this is a good idea... :):)

Thx. :goodjob::goodjob:

P.S: If you like realistic map try my other mod Earth 40 Civilizations for BTS