1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[MOD] More Naval AI

Discussion in 'More Naval AI Modmod' started by Tholal, Mar 18, 2010.

1. Elder Methyl

Elder Methyl Warlord

I downloaded Version 2.0 and I can't access the scenarios anymore. Is there a purpose for this?

Edit: Also, I keep getting the message: BugOptions: Cannot locate settings folder.

2. lesslol

lesslol Chieftain

First of all, thanks for this mod.

I made performance modifications for basic routines, not for game logics.
    Here the list.

Individual codes increase speed up to 2x at least (measured in test code, not in real game routines).

Check this and use freely if you feel this would be useful. :)

ps. sorry i can't speak english well. :lol:

3. Tholal

Tholal Emperor

Awesome! Thanks for the code guys!

Will be fixed in the next release

Is there a particular scenario you can't load? I just tried one and it worked fine for me. Someone else said that they had to run in administrator mode. Maybe try that?

You need to manually copy over the default .ini files. Instructions and zip file are available in the first post of this thread. This issue will be resolved with the next release.

Very cool! I'll try to give your code a test run later this week. Thanks!

4. Bickendan

Bickendan Chieftain

Might I suggest making Final Five and Revolutions/Puppet States mutually exclusive?

What ends up happening is that whatever minor leader revolts out of a Civ will invariably fall victim to the Final Five counter and kill them... and three turns later they're back, rendering the Final Five counter useless as no one gets permanently booted anymore.

Also, I'm of the opinion that the Final Five option itself needs some tweaking. If it's meant to cull players from the game until there are only five left, games that start with 17 or more Civs will NEVER cull down to five (barring players getting eliminated through conquest and/or Barbarians).
    Final Five will only kill 12 Civs on Quick (first on turn 100, every 33 turns thereafter, the 12th on turn 466/480). I can't speak for the other speeds as I don't have enough patience to play them (60 turns for a Tier 1 tech on Marathon is... challenging), but I suspect it's the same situation scaled for those speeds.

While this would make things very difficult for Clan players (seriously, starting with zero starting techs AND a research penalty is a major handicap), would adjusting the counter to hit more often if there are more Civs in the game? Something on the order of every 13 turns on Quick if you're playing a full compliment of 35 (including Infernal/Mercurian) Civs might be the only way to end with a true Final Five.

5. MagisterCultuum

MagisterCultuum Great Sage

Does this mod disable multiplayer games, including Hotseat games?

Spoiler :

I just added a new Undercouncil resolution in my modmod which is supposed to remove all territory owned by Undercouncil members from the maps of all players that are not members of the Undercouncil. Since I obviously cannot test to see if it is working properly in a single player game, I decided to test it in my first Hotseat game since merging my mod with yours. The game started fine, but after finishing my first turn as Faeryl Viconia I was surprised to start another tern as the Svartalfar rather than moving on to play a turn as Varn Gossam.

Edit: Actually, I guess I can test it in a single player game, just not as directly. Since I got python for the new Overcouncil's Map Sharing resolution to work just fine, I decided that that part would work fine for the Undercouncil's Obscure Maps resolution too and I only needed to make a spell that calls the python portion in order to test that. I just played a quick game, cheated in worldbuilder, convinced everyone to join the Undercouncil, left the Undercouncil myself, saved the game, and cast the spell. When it did not work I checked the python error log, identified the bug, fixed it, and loaded the saved game to find the code working perfectly.

I just got to wondering if this has anything to do with the fact that I installed BUG under in CustomAssets (which read is only for single player games) instead of putting the .ini files in the right place.

6. Terkhen

Terkhen King

I have been playing direct connect multiplayer games with MNAI for months, with only a few issues that were fixed after I reported them. I never tried hotseat, though.

7. Bickendan

Bickendan Chieftain

Hotseat and Direct IP both work.

8. MagisterCultuum

Hotseat seems to be working fine for me now too. Maybe in my last attempt I accidentally changed all but one player to be an AI without realizing it. Oops.

9. Bickendan

Bickendan Chieftain

Tried to set up a 19 player hotseat game, keep getting crash to desktop, twice using the Planet Generator 068 script, once with Erebus Continent.

Settings include:
    Raging Barbarians
    Aggressive AI (for any civs splitting off late; not used on last attempt)
    Barbarian World
    Random Seed on Reload
    Living World
    Blessing of Amatheon
    Wildlands
    Puppet States/Revolutions
    Advanced Tactics

Crash log attached.

Attached Files:

10. Elder Methyl

Elder Methyl Warlord

I click 'Fall From Heaven II Scenarios', and the game doesn't recognize the file.

11. MagisterCultuum

It turns out that making the minor leaders show up in the pedia as easy as changing the <bGraphicalOnly>1</bGraphicalOnly> tag.

I'm still not sure why Holy Shrines and Unique Features are not showing up though. I can get to them through links from the mana they provide, but they don't appear on any list,

12. lfgr

lfgr King

little update about DynamicCivNames (debugged) and RevCivUtils (added some forgotten minor leaders)

Attached Files:

13. Terkhen

Terkhen King

We had a similar problem: In Windows Vista / 7, Civilization does not have permissions to access the scenario files. Try to open Civilization as Administrator.

14. Elder Methyl

Elder Methyl Warlord

I forgot to mention this, but I did Run as Administrator and it works. Thanks, Tholal and Terkhen.

15. Magil

Magil Monarch

I'm not sure if this is a known issue but it doesn't seem to be intended--with Shrine of the Champion, I am able to "promote" units to having a Great General attached to them, even when "Advanced Tactics" is not enabled. Now, that's assuming I'm not crazy and this wasn't a part of base FFH2, but seeing as Great Generals are not documented anywhere in the 'pedia, I figure this isn't supposed to happen?

16. lesslol

lesslol Chieftain

I have optimized CvPlayer::isFullMember method.
    Turn-time will be reduced almost 50~70%

This method is used in
    - CvPlayer::getNumAvailableBonuses
    - CvPlayerAI::AI_trueCombatValue
    - CvPlayerAI::AI_combatValue
    - CvPlayerAI::AI_unitValue

This method was called so many, very slow, and consumed most turn-time.

Runnig-time of AI_combatValue was reduced 20 secs to 5 secs (for 4 Turns, profiling).
    I marked source with predefined macro USE_OLD_CODE. :)

17. maglock

maglock Coatlann Tamer

WOW lesslol ! Keep up the good work :goodjob:

18. lfgr

lfgr King

Next Update :)
    Fixed issue with Alliances/Teams
    Multiple Players with same Civ and Civics are now named differently

Attached Files:

19. Tamman

Tamman Chieftain

I have also noticed the issue with getting great commanders from the shrine fo the champion. after you take the promotion you can detach the great commanders from the unit getting infinite great commanders. Also my friends and I have noticed a marked increase in OOS since the new version. We often get a first turn OOS where when we reload the game the OOS person will start in a different location on the map.

Thank you for all you efforts. My friends and I had gotten burned out on base FFH because of the weak AI. You've given us back one of our favorite games :)

20. Tholal

Tholal Emperor

Hey everyone! I'm in the midst of trying to pull loose ends together for the next release which is why I haven't been responding as much, but I do check this thread several times a day. Thanks for the all reports and code!