1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[MOD] Privateers, Pirates, and Buccaneers

Discussion in 'Civ4Col - Mods and Files' started by Kailric, Feb 28, 2009.

1. Michelon

Michelon Chieftain

That's it...
    Bon jeu !

Attached Files:

2. Ariete

Ariete Chieftain

the best mod i've plaied - thanx kairlic

3. ClasuSiosa

ClasuSiosa Thespian of the Sword

I finaly got around to implementing this mod and now the game gives me a bazzillion XML errors! Where am i supposed to put all the files? I put the core code stuff in the "custom mods" folder and i put the assets in the "custom assets" folder, what did i do wrong???

4. Michelon

Michelon Chieftain

I am really waiting the next step...
    I found the mod "Slavery" , quite good ...
    The slave's design are cool... maybe mix there ? as the mod by itself with plunered treasure and all the best .

Attached Files:

5. Kailric

Kailric Jack of All Trades

Sorry, just now seeing this post. When you unpack the files from the zip they will all be in old folder called "Privateer". Place the "Privateer" folder in the Colonization/Mods folder and thats all you have to do. Place the "Patch" files in the same folder and click yes when it asks you if you want to copy over the orginals.

@Michelon

I added your French XMLs files to the first post. When I make the next update I'll add them to the main download.

Yeah, I would love to merge in the Slavery mod. Its just hard to do everything I would want to do cause I just don't have the time.

6. ClasuSiosa

ClasuSiosa Thespian of the Sword

Got it now, looks great

7. redindus69

redindus69 Chieftain

I like the mod, this remind me when i first got this game and didnt care about playing any of those factions and wanted to be the barbarians or Pirates!

What i did is almost what you have done, unfort i lost my files due to pc/harddrive corrputed years ago.

Anyway i manage to change few things in the game...
    Removed all building structures when settlement first laid down.
    While playing the Dutch, i have replace the flag to barbarain flag or white skull and
    black borders. So i wont have Dutch playing the game, just England, France as well Spain.

Playing on the hardest level is fun and more challenge :D

Thank for making this mod!

8. mastrude

mastrude Paraclete of Kaborka

I still love playing this mod, and I was playing it just today. In a way the privateers part kind of conflicts with the victory conditions, in that developing pirate flotillas kind of sucks you away from winning the game against Europe. Sometimes I can still beat the king. Other times I just say forget it and let the king win while I develop the Pirate Republic. I figure if I get rich while paying the king not a penny in taxes, he can have the open victory and I'll have my own unofficial one.

9. Kailric

Kailric Jack of All Trades

Yep, pretty cool mod. Glad you all have enjoyed it. I haven't played it in a while but even so, every once in a while I have to start a game for nothing else just to hear that ole pirate captain say, "Something wicked is about to happen, I can feel it me bones!", I love it! :)