[MOD] Realism:The Third Resurrection

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need to know if the Inquisition is now removing the religion as it was supposed to do. Perfect_Blue???

Any other bug you guys have discovered? Tonight is patch day...

EDIT: I started a discussion about Razing Cities. I need ideas and experts:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=164903

Thanks
Houman

Inquisition is, as of now, not removing religon it is just making my people's unhappy.

What i meant was in the mediteranean mod they used the model of an islamic missionary for an egyptian missionary. I dont know what the egyptian priesthood dressed like so i was not sure if an islamic missionary was appropriate.

You know i think your right about the slightly puritanical attitudes in that mod. Or the mod is a joke at the expense of those puritanical attitudes?

Wiz said:
Inquisition is, as of now, not removing religon it is just making my people's unhappy.

Wiz you are right. I had overriden a whole onBuild function in Python with a remaining from previous version in CustumEventManager.

The thing with missing WOrld Wonder movies is actually a huge bug. Every effect that is meant to obe after a building is built, like the inquisition has been disabled. :(

But tonight everything will be fine. It should be save game compatible.

Houman

I think it woulld be great if you added Willowmound's "Actual Quote Diplomacy Text Mod". It would add to all of the realism in the game.

One more thing, the slavery civic in the game is fairly unrealistic. They make it that you sacrafice your own population to get slaves, but in reality ancient kingdoms would take slaves from the people in enemy cities they captured. Perhaps you could make it so that with slavery, when you take over or raze an enemy city, all your cities in the empire gain a production bonus that would signify the slaves from the captured city being shipped to your other cities and working.

Samuelson said:
One more thing, the slavery civic in the game is fairly unrealistic. They make it that you sacrafice your own population to get slaves, but in reality ancient kingdoms would take slaves from the people in enemy cities they captured. Perhaps you could make it so that with slavery, when you take over or raze an enemy city, all your cities in the empire gain a production bonus that would signify the slaves from the captured city being shipped to your other cities and working.

You could have a temporary slave resource like in Rome:TW. Get givin one for adopting slavery that adds a + to construction, and one extra for each city you take while you still have slavery as a civic.

I like that idea. Given the huge amount of work slaves had to do throughout history, they really need to be in the game properly.

Also, as a pharaoh, i need my slaves. :lol:

Maybe we could add a new civic?

Massive whips civic: adds more production when combined with slavery. Nations are also extremely reluctant to engage in war against the holder of the massive whips.

:worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :whipped: :king:

Or bring back the old slaver unit. Ahhh that stealth unit sitting outside their walls, stealing all their people...

Also thanks for the pharaoh's guardian edit Houman!

@Samuelson

The Diplomatic Quostes Mod is accepted. Thank you.

@All the Slave lovers ;)

Yeah, Slavery need some rework. Let see what we can do, this needs lots of planning.

I have btw an idea where to place the Persian Immortal to be historically correct and making the Persians weaker in very early stage of history like they really were. I will replace the hypaspist for Persians through Immortal Unit. Thats just perfect! The hypaspist itself will be a bit altered as well, to make it stronger and more useful for everyone else.

Houman

zagaz said:
Does this new version invalidate saves on older versions?

No. It is compatible!

Only if you have already built inquisitions. They might not disapear as it was faulty. New Inquisition buildings will disappear after x turns, the existing ones might not....

No other known side effects.

Houman

Hmm...Every time I try to load my saved game I get a runtime error, could it be my savegame is corrupt, or maybe because I am using umm...something that is not to be talked about to load the game without a certain thing (I own the game, just hate hassle of switching...ah hell, yes I use a no cd patch because I hate flipping CD's, often play several different games....)

Your exchange for Persia sounds neat. I wonder, were Hypsasists really so good as to warrant an upgrade? Are you going to tailor them for defence? They dont do a bad job now, not a great unit, but they have their uses.

For slavery perhaps we could get a sort of survey going. Or just work out what is the most realistic editing of slavery.

:egypt:

:hammer: :whipped: :hammer: :whipped::hammer: :whipped:

Could you apply a flagfix for those whose cards can't read black alphachannels for the mod? (flags with white alpha channels and sec. playercolors white). I tried to do it for myself but receive ctd. seems some secondary playercolors are referred to by some other contents of the mod maybe? Or just not enough different primary colors.

Thx

@all

Can anyone else confirm the problems with old saved games and the new patch? In that case I am afraid you have to restart a new game. But it has nothing to do with a no-cd patch.

@Los Tirano
The Hypsasists are a mistake the way they are now. There is no need for them to be defensive, since we have the archers. As the first copper swordmens they should be able to attack cities. Otherwise Axemen does the job better and makes Hypsasists unneccessary, at the same time AI builds the weaker Hypsasists and would be kidding himself.

@Ploeperpengel
What type of Video card do you have that cannot display the black alpha channel? I have only implemented the Flags from the Historocal Flag mod. In this case I have to make the Flags myself. Our team is very small at this time.
I could provide the old flags and XMl files as an alternative in the next patch.

Have fun,
Houman

Houman said:
@Ploeperpengel
What type of Video card do you have that cannot display the black alpha channel? I have only implemented the Flags from the Historocal Flag mod. In this case I have to make the Flags myself. Our team is very small at this time.
I could provide the old flags and XMl files as an alternative in the next patch.

Have fun,
Houman

I use gf 4 mx. The flags with white alpha channel I already made and could post here. You would just have to change all secondary playercolors to white and make that work by adding a couple of primarycolours I suppose. However your mod seems to be affected differently by the sec. colours than others probably because of badronalds custom colours, not sure. If you could make it work so that ALL secondary playercolours are white, that'll be fine. Players like me would just have to change the flags then and for all the others it'd still work.

@Ploeperpengel

Have a look at the files
CIV4PlayerColorInfos.xml
CIV4ColorVals.xml

in D:\GAMES\Civilization4\Mods\Realism\Assets\XML\Interface

Thats where the colors are set for players.

I am amzed that you can play this game with such an old video card. How much RAM do you have and CPU ?

Houman

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom