1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[MOD] Realism:The Third Resurrection

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Modpacks' started by Houman, Feb 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jeffrodriguez

Jeffrodriguez Chieftain

ei guys i was just wondering tere are 3 download links in sourceforge and i dont know the newest version cau u tell me what it is thanks

2. Spartan117

Spartan117 Immortal

none are 1.61 compatible, it hasnt been released yet

3. Houman

Houman TR Team Leader

We have worked all day yesterday. Everything is finished. Unfortunatelly one or two of our SDK COmponents cause a CTD (Crash to Desktop). We could not not fix it. damn it....

We still are on it guys....

4. Los Tirano

Los Tirano God-King

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! :sad:
    Oh well, im sure it will be finished eventually.

5. Houman

Houman TR Team Leader

HAHA We are finished!!!!! It works!!!

There is only one problem. We are starving, no food in the fridge left. I need a shower and shave and go groceries shopping. :lol:

So I guess the release will be this afternoon (GMT).

Cheers
    Holmes

6. Spartan117

Spartan117 Immortal

is the civlopedia finished?

waiting eagerly

7. Houman

Houman TR Team Leader

Civilopedia is only partially finished. Since Feilong has dropped. :( He had to much work to do in real life.

We still need someone who would take care of this job for the next release...

8. Lachlan

Lachlan Great Builder of Civs !

When you think that Total Realism for 1.61 will be really finished ?

9. pigmoose

pigmoose Chieftain

Thank you for sacrificing food/hygiene and other bodily needs for the completion of this project! If I had money I'd donate, so for now I'll just praise you :goodjob:

10. Mexico

Mexico TR senior programmer

right now i am preparing installation script, we are waitning only for some marketing papers (license, readme...) - after this, we will produce instalation package and upload this onto sourceforge (just FYI: installation package has about 81MB, installation take about 240MB -so this upload can take some time)
    anyway:

IT IS COMING.....

11. pigmoose

pigmoose Chieftain

12. Houman

Houman TR Team Leader

Did you know?

...I am now compiling the script and compressing the Mod. It is almost there guys hehe :D

13. Pisces

Pisces Chieftain

Take your time :) I'm still thrashing the Monguls with my French pikemen. Nothing says fun like a horde of Monguls coming to visit you while you're busy taking out Africa. :p

14. geebo

geebo Prince

and the verdict is........patiently waiting hehehe.....

15. Grabnar

Grabnar Warlord

Houman, You should know by now that REAL gamers don't eat, sleep, or have any need for this "shower" thing you speak of...(just joking) :lol:

16. Houman

Houman TR Team Leader

:lol: Guys, thanks for being so patient. We are finsihed but fighting still to get the right licence since the mod comes with a true installer. Israfil is still working on it and it should be finished today.

It is good though that it took longer since Nightravn have found two bugs that we should kill before the final release.

It really might get released tonight (GMT) or tomorrow tonight.

When it comes it will be coming in a new thread.

Regards
    Houmie

17. Nightravn

Nightravn Warlord

Sorry everyone it's my fault that it wasn't released this morning but It's good I found those bugs as they are pretty significant. Once those are squashed it SHOULD be good to go. We haven't had a chance to play the game all the way through so there might be a few bugs still in there that we didn't see with the testing. Though I know yall will find them for us.... ;)

I must say that this Mod is truely amazing not only in appearance but in functionality and gameplay. Yall will be very suprised and happy with this product and it is very much worth the wait to have it right. :goodjob: :king: :)

18. Houman

Houman TR Team Leader

Yeah its all his fault. He found these 2 nasty bugs and now we have to fix them and can't release it. :D

These bugs were important though. We have fixed them both. However because the way the Python code works, we would get Out-of-Sync error in multiplayer games. We have to implement the religion mod back into SDK C++, inoder to make this multiplayerable. So long you can only play just fine in single player.

We still are going through the last steps again to make sure you guys get a quality product. The license is finished as far as I know. Tonight I have to discuss the latest issues with 12Monkey. After that we would be able to give it a go.

Regards
    Houman

19. StargateGuy

StargateGuy Chieftain

Great I cant wait, One question for you guys, I know this is played on the worldmap but it can be played on a custom map right? Yeah I am sure it can as im sure i did that previously, but in this case well i heard you make it so certain civs go towards certain cities etc, how will this affect the game if its played on a custom map

I hope this isnt a silly question

Thanks

20. pigmoose

pigmoose Chieftain

We'll smash those bugs! Lemme at 'em! Arrrrr :spear:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.