1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[MOD] Realism:The Third Resurrection

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Modpacks' started by Houman, Feb 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Houman

Houman TR Team Leader

@All please welcome officially Feilong as our member, who will take responsibility for updating the Civilopedia. :goodjob:

@Feilong
    These are good suggestions.

@Spartan, Lopez is working at this time on that. I don't know if the ranged attack is yet possible. However you have to consider that each additional wish would delay this project. The idea with Tanks is actually not bad. As we can see how Tanks can be trapped in the cities and urban areas, it might be useful giving them -25% or -50% City defense. In this case the player has to roll the Tanks to offensive and defend the cities differently. As Mexico already said, the Tanks cannot taking cities anyway, and in this way we are able to nerf their defense as well so only Tank popping won't lead to victory anymore at all.

Tanks could be produced to attack, taking cities and defend them as well. In the new version, Tanks can't taking cities anymore and rely on infantry and other units. Neither will they be efficient to hold a city and have to roll out in order to be efficient. This gives other units a greater role in the battle.

Helos over water is not yet 100% finished, The author is still improving it. I suppose this will come with an update. Sniper Mod as such won't make much sense. Sniper is a specialized unit. The units in Civ are generalized.

@strategyonly
    Taking cIV III as reference is quite odd. I think CIV III was sofar the worst CIV ever. ;) I think Firaxis did a great job on the World WOnder race. If you loose, you get all your efforts back in money (you are selling the production and resources you had gathered). In Old CIV you lost the race and could swap in only one turn from Pyramids to Collosus. How unrealistic is that? But the ranged ARtillery might be added in an update.

As Mexico already mentioned, we are waiting for 2 Mod components from 12Monkey. One is a ReligiousMod that will improve the importance of religions and their effect on each other. The other one is already fisnihed the RazeCity Mod that will delay razing a city, as explained in the posts before. There will be an SDK Mod merge of the RazeCity Mod and GreatPersonThreashold Mod, where it is not important to build all the wonders in one city anymore to get the great persons sooner, you have more freedom.

The progress is good. We are adding every day new units and improving past functionalities. Mexico did a great job on rewriting most parts of the code. Nightravn is also doing a great job on balancing the game, testing and improving the time line. We are getting there....hehe

Regards
    Houman

2. Nightravn

Nightravn Warlord

The Ranged Artillery will be included WHEN Dale's Combat Mod is finished and then included in the mod with a future Update.

The Mod is progressing greatly and as Mexico stated it is very playable and available from the repository. It is looking AWESOME with all the new units as such. I would suggest that you DL and Play it as that will help us with bugs and I want to know how the game balance between the Era's is. I have the Timeline down pretty much but at some point we will probably be including The Lopez "Not Just another Game Clock" Mod and take the actual years out of the Picture and just show the Era you are in.

So I need to know if you are able to research most of the Techs of the Era in the number of turns alloted. I know their are ways to jump ahead by using the CS slingshot and the Oracle and If you want to be in the Middle Ages without agriculture then thats your issue. Remember with no tech trading you will have to research All techs. I want to know generally speaking if it is playing out appropriately.

3. Spartan117

Spartan117 Immortal

i dont know if i would be a good tester....i presume i will not be as i will likey be amazed at all the newer features... i will like to try it but i dont know how good of a tester i will be...

did you make musket man era longer? musket man era was around from like 1500's to 1800's but in the game they are quicky outdated..

interesting of the era and not years... i am curious to see that would work

4. Los Tirano

Los Tirano God-King

Ive gone to the first page link, sourceforge.net. But all i see is the old Realism mod and Realism v1.0 & Patch 1.09 for civ4 1.52. :confused:

What is the link to get the work in progress?

5. Mr. Dictator

Mr. Dictator A Chain-Smoking Fox

ok, i dont know if this problem has risen yet, but i dont want to search through 56 pages so here goes

i downloaded the mod yesterday and loaded it up fine and everything, but when i went to play there were no words on the menu. i could have clicked but there i couldnt tell what i would be clicking

thx in advance

6. Spartan117

Spartan117 Immortal

its not compatible with 1.61 yet

7. Mr. Dictator

Mr. Dictator A Chain-Smoking Fox

argh............when will it be, anytime soon?

8. Nightravn

Nightravn Warlord

@ Los Tirano and anyone who wants to use the mod as we are working on it. You need to follow the SUBVERSION link from the SourceForge project and follow the instructions there. It will allow you to DL the version we are working on. Just remember that we are updating it constantly so check it often. The version we got now is working beautifully but that can change any moment.

@ MR. Dictator - yes it shall be very soon.

http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=163217&package_id=185640

9. Chris5369

Chris5369 Chieftain

I've tried to access the subversion, but I'm just getting a headache.

Maybe I'll wait for the finished installer...

10. Mexico

Mexico TR senior programmer

which problem you have with SVN? how i can help you with it?

11. Talon500

Talon500 Warlord

i cant extract the mod it says that its broken or not there...:cry:

12. Chris5369

Chris5369 Chieftain

For starters, how do I work the thing?

13. Houman

Houman TR Team Leader

Just a teaser:

We have implemented 40 new units (additionally to the last ones in the last 3 pages) ;)

Now start mocking around when is it going to be released...who knows.... :D

14. geebo

geebo Prince

heheheh....interesting....hopefully sooner than later.....

15. niust

niust Chieftain

Hi, Houman I update my realism map to 1.5.3. many significan change especially on resource distribution to encourage trade and conflict. You can read the change log. Plead feel free to take it for Realism Mod-change it as you see fit. I really like Realism Mod. Looking forward to this great Mod.

16. Pisces

Pisces Chieftain

Being an old civfanatic veteran I only know it is never released when promised :lol:

17. Grabnar

Grabnar Warlord

Hi Houman, No hurry on this mod my friend....A great mod is like great wine....you just can't hurry these things.:goodjob:

18. Fr8monkey

Fr8monkey Deity

Heck with that... hurryhurryhurry!:bounce:

19. Los Tirano

Los Tirano God-King

I feel like a small child eagerly waiting for christmas, and someone has changed it to the 30th of December. :lol:

20. Mexico

Mexico TR senior programmer

you all are right, we are in big delay (as someone wroted, this mod was never released when is promised), so i don't promise anything
    from my point, we are working hard (but i personaly have time only from 8pm to late midnight - and this is problem to searching for bugs when one is tired... and those bugs are very quickly - i can't catch anyone in last two days :cry:) but now it is in beta stage, no new functionality, only bugs resolving, civpedia updating and installer preparing...(no much work, but lack of time)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.