1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[MOD] Realism:The Third Resurrection

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Modpacks' started by Houman, Feb 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Houman

Houman TR Team Leader

lol, yeah actually, I must say almost all the functionalities are in.

But we had promised to have two functionalities for this release: The ReligionMod (exclusively written for this mod, maybe he will be releasing it for public use) and the RazeCityMod both from our freelancer 12Monkey.

The ReligionMod from 12Monkey will be coming this evening. It should be easy to implement though. and I am going to implement the RazeCityMod (SDK) during the day.

I swear to the holy grail, these two are the last functionalities we will be impllementing. Amen!!! :D I will now start fine tuning the Units and assign them to the civilizations.

Thanks
    Houmie

2. Walter Hawkwood

Walter Hawkwood RI Court Painter

Guys, great mod you have here. I've been with Realism since the first iteration and it just keeps going better. What I'm willing to do is offer you some work of mine. Some time ago I've made a small expansion to Great People Mod, that adds many new Great Scientists (and some other great people), found here.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=3663761&postcount=38

XML is from 1.09 still, but it is there just to show the name ordering.

Not only that, but I'd like to offer you some other custom artwork I can make. I am able to make static images in Photoshop of any kind you like - more GPs (as I have the proper template), or anything other you can think of. I also have a collection of static leaderheads I made for Civ4 (yeah, I'm on it since Civ3, don't like Firaxis-style cartoons; and in Civ4 they also put a serious strain on the system), but I guess that you stick with animated 3D. Anyway, I'm willing to accept any static graphic requests you can give me.

3. Houman

Houman TR Team Leader

Niust, the Map has evolved a lot in our hands. Unfortunatelly it won't be possible for us to take the most recent version of yours without loosing all our own extensions. But we are always open to new ideas. Therfore Nightravn, please have a look on Niust recent map to see if there is something interesting we haven;t yet thought about and might be useful in our map (e.g. the resource trading etc) http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=171181

Thanks
    Houmie

4. Houman

Houman TR Team Leader

@Walter, I will have a look on it. Your Paintshop knowledge will be appreciated. Maybe we would come back to you. Thanks a lot

Houmie

5. Craig_Sutter

Craig_Sutter Deity

Is it required that one use a premade map for this mod... or is it compatible with random maps.

6. Spartan117

Spartan117 Immortal

possible release this weekend?....

40+ units wow...i amn waiting patiently for this, well almost patiently:D

7. Mexico

Mexico TR senior programmer

@craig_sutter
    yes, it is compatible with random maps ( i always test my work only on randomly generated maps)

@Spartan117
    we don't promise anynthing, becouse as pisces wroted some post before:
    "Being an old civfanatic veteran I only know it is never released when promised"
    byt maybe (only god and houman know ;) )

8. Houman

Houman TR Team Leader

LOL :D I am sure we would be able to release it for Saturday. I have just received our first two SDK-Mod Componenets from our lovely freelancer 12Monkies.

I just passed them to the team, after implementing this (which looks pretty easy to do) we are finished. Only naming the units and civilopedia and taking screenshots and preparing the marketing for the new release. hehe

BTW as Mexico said, we have fixed the map generator, so you can play it now on generated maps. But the new world map is there as well, which could be more fun, if you have the right computer. BUT you should not use OTHER premade maps with this, since the new resources on those maps will be missing and the game will become VERY hard.

Guys I have an interview by an investment bank in few hours. Wish me luck !!!!! :D

Houmie

9. Pisces

Pisces Chieftain

Just to make sure no offence was taken by anyone on the team, I wrote that "tongue in cheek" since every major mod on this site going way back to the beginnings of Civ3 has simply never been put out when promised. Since no one gets paid by anyone and this is only a labour of love for everyone involved, it was just an attempt at humour. I'm still quite happy playing the last release (1.09) as the Aztecs as I prepare to invade Europe in a quirky reversal of history. :p

10. Mexico

oh, no, we don't get this as offence....it is very good description ;)
    i know what you mean, i was already impatient when waiting for new releases (not only this mod) - and this is reason, why i join to team, when i found some free time

i hope you will be happy with this new release

11. Samuelson

Samuelson Prince

I'm not sure if this was mentioned before but are you guys going to include the Revolution and Barbarians settle down to civilizations mod when it becomes more complete? This mod is such a great mod because it takes ideas from many other mods as well as its own ideas and makes everything more realistic.

The mod is found here: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=171127

12. Los Tirano

Los Tirano God-King

Oh no, dont slow them down. Ive heard of this mod and it sounds great, but if it aint in already it should be delayed until the release after.

13. Samuelson

Samuelson Prince

Yea I agree dont put it in now, but just for a future version.

14. Houman

Houman TR Team Leader

Thanks Spartan, we will definitely include some of those ideas for the next release. This release will be finished in about 7 hours, as far as we agreed on. Lets hope the Gods are in our favour today....

15. Fr8monkey

Fr8monkey Deity

Rejoice!!!!! Sorry kids, can't do your homework this weekend... Daddy's gonna be busy!!

:band: :banana: :rockon: :cheers:

16. Lachlan

Lachlan Great Builder of Civs !

I wait i wait i wait for 1.61 and nothing arrive :cry:

17. Mexico

please excuse me, this is my guilt... i forget to merge my cahnges into main development tree, (and i have some private problem today) so i was starting to merge this one hout ago..i hope (and we want) we finish this today

18. Lachlan

Lachlan Great Builder of Civs !

Oh it's simply a technical problem ? I can wait today and tomorrow :D

19. Houman

Houman TR Team Leader

No worries Mexico. I am working on the last feature. We might get finished in 1-2 hours. However then we have to upload and release the whole thing. Hopefully Israfil is around...

Houmie

20. pigmoose

pigmoose Chieftain

Well this is fairly exciting. Any word on the release, if I may ask?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.