[MOD] Religion and Revolution

Hi Naive Gamer,

if you got RaR Release 2.4 by following the link from here everything should be fine.
(You probably did, because the link there points to our only official download.)

Of course only, if the download was not broken.
(But your tool for unpacking should have told you that. So I guess it was ok.)

Since you already played TAC you should also have official patch 1.1f for Civ4:Col.
(TAC wouldn't work either without that patch. It is required by all modern mods. It is available here)

You probably also did not mess up with the installation path.
Spoiler :

Maybe still check again that you don't have something like this:
C:\games\Colonization\Mods\Religion_and_Revolution\Religion_and_Revolution\

Something like this is totally fine of course:
C:\games\Colonization\Mods\Religion_and_Revolution\

Generally it is known, that RaR requires much more time to start than TAC or other smaller mods.
(RaR is 4times as big as TAC and contains much more graphics. I had heard reports of almost 2 minutes in extreme cases on very old machines.)

So waiting a while until RaR is loaded is nothing unusal on old machines.

--------

Sorry, but I have no idea why RaR Release 2.4 should start for everybody else but crash on your machine. :dunno:
(Also never heard about any problems related to a specific operational system.)

Could you try to redownload and install again ?
(Otherwise, don't worry if loading takes a while if your machine is older. Once loaded the mod should run quite performant.)

Thanks for your help Raystuttgart. I checked everything as you suggested and decided to reinstall including the patch 1.01 from the links you posted. after several failed downloads of RaR (both Winzip and NCH express reported corrupted files) I finally got a clean download which has installed ok and will run. I've played about 100 turns of RaR and I'm liking what I'm finding - there are some big changes - it was definitely worth persisting with the downloads. I was a bit surprised to find an expert cotton planter village at the north end of Hudson Bay but that it not intended as a criticism. Many thanks to everyone who has contributed to this great Mod. Fingers crossed that RaRE moves ahead also.

Naive Gamer

Well, good to hear that everything is working now. :thumbsup:
(And of course it is also nice to hear that you enjoy the mod. :) )

I just discovered the mods to Civ4Col on this forum and was looking forward to playing them. I downloaded the 1.01f patch zip file but when I run it, it says that there is no version of Colonization installed. It's definitely there. Any ideas?

I just discovered the mods to Civ4Col on this forum and was looking forward to playing them. I downloaded the 1.01f patch zip file but when I run it, it says that there is no version of Colonization installed. It's definitely there. Any ideas?

This is not the correct place for your question, but anyway... :)

Typically, the installation of the 1.01f patch shouldn't cause any problems. Do you by any chance have nation-specific letters in the account name used on your computer?
In the past this often caused problems.

In case you would be running the Steam-version of Col, the problem might be there (but then I wouldn't know how to solve it as I don't have Steam).

It might be best to tell us the exact installation path of your Col-installation.

Sorry I posted in the wrong thread. I'll use the excuse that I'm new to such things. After some research on this and a couple other forums, I was able to solve the problem and am enjoying the TAC mod. Thanks for your help.

Would you guys say that R&R is more advanced and better to play in a local multiplayer of 4 people and ai?

RaR is simply much bigger and complex.
And yes, technically it is also more advanced.

It was based on last TAC release and had more than 2 years of additional development.

Every player needs to decide himself which mod he likes best. :dunno:

Hello ,

don't know if someone is still out there?
I seem not possible to follow the download lins of version 2.4 of R&R?? or they expired? 404 Not Found?
i know it worked 2 years ago.

thanks!

RaR has ended and is now continued by WTP.
(It is basically just a different project name. It was renamed when a new team of modders joined.)

2.4 is a really really old version and is completely outdated.
We already have 2.8 now and will probably release 2.9 in a month.

WTP 2.8 is of course much better than RaR 2.4 - no need to say that.
More features, more bugfixes, more improvements, better performance, ...

And yes it WTP contains everything that RaR had, as I said it is just better and bigger.
(Trust me with that, I am one founders of RaR and also WTP team member. I should know.)

Get the currently newest version here.

Last edited:
Top Bottom