[MOD] Snoopy/Dale PatchMod

haven't dl'ed v1.01 yet. For some reason when I edit the map through the text editor like with civ4 nothing seems to work. Something about assigning teams I assume.

If you switch the first civ for another before adding in any units then you don't have to worry about team assignment (because the new civ becomes team 0), but you do have to make sure you change the starting position.

after you make the changes then in the world builder you can add anything you want.

not sure what you mean. You should be able to assign team numbers by editing the map file then edit the plot numbers using the team assignments but I couldn't get that to work. Declaring and starting x and starting y didn't seem to work either.

hmmm,
I never had any problems. I even did the assign ships in notepad thing before.

Here is what I did for my version of Ozzie's...

BeginPlayer
Team=0
LeaderType=LEADER_WASHINGTON
LeaderName=George Washington
CivDesc=TXT_KEY_CIV_ENGLAND_DESC
CivShortDesc=TXT_KEY_CIV_ENGLAND_SHORT_DESC
CivAdjective=TXT_KEY_CIV_ENGLAND_ADJECTIVE
CivType=CIVILIZATION_ENGLAND
Color=PLAYERCOLOR_WHITE
ArtStyle=ARTSTYLE_EUROPEAN
PlayableCiv=1
StartingGold=100
StartingX=59, StartingY=56
StartingEra=ERA_DISCOVERY
RandomStartLocation=false
Handicap=HANDICAP_CONQUISTADOR
EndPlayer

On other maps I even tried moving Indian settlements around. That was fun trying to track down those cities and the math in trying to relocate them.

so your starting x and y coordinates placed what? Their intial ship? I swear I did the same thing only without the random start false line. Have you tried assigning team designations to the natives? I've been thinking about some way to play as Aztec or Incas or any other civ4 natives. Instead of Europe I guess they could be getting gifts from "The Gods" in response to their prayers/sacrifices and set up their Europe out to the west.

The XY determines where your new ships return to the new world for the first time.

No I haven't added team lines for natives.

The mapview program can be very helpful in finding settlements or any map coordinates. It can be found in the download files.

Do Indians ever conquer each other's settlements? Maybe I should try giving them cannons and inciting them against each other, when I start playing again.

Specifically, I'm wonder if they conquer, rather than raze, each other's settlements.

The mapview program can be very helpful in finding settlements or any map coordinates. It can be found in the download files.

In game, press CTRL-Z to lift the fog, then hold SHIFT or ALT and in the info the co-ords of the curser will show. Easy way to locate anything. :)

I played with 1.06 pach and I found follow:

From the list, not working features marked red.

PatchMod 1.06:

Fixes and Changes:
REF:
* Added iKingUnitThresholdPercent xml tag to Civ4HandicapInfos.xml and implemented. This allows the REF increases to be modified by an XML edit. This will currently be left at 100% (normal), until further testing can be done to determine appropriate levels. Increases base incremental percent (10%) by fraction of (value/100).
* Added iKingGoldThresholdPercent xml tag to Civ4HandicapInfos.xml and implemented. This allows the REF to change due to paying King money demands to be modified per difficulty (default == 50). This effects the REF threshold, rising it in relation to the amount of gold given to the King. This slows REF growth by kissing his pinky.
* King no longer increases taxes after WoI.
* King no longer increases REF after WoI.
NEW * King no longer requests gold after WoI.
NEW * Tax rises less often in Marathon and Epic games.
NEW * King's navy cannot enter native settlements.
NEW * Only coastal cities with specified good mentioned in party text.

AI:
* AI will now use King's Transports after turn 90 for treasures if it doesn't have a galleon
* AI will load and take treasure to Europe from uncolonised continents (before they just sat there forever).
* AI now arms units in Europe and transports them to become standing defenders of the colonies.
* AI now correctly pursues massive armament during lead-up to revolution (previously only did this on declaration of independance meaning it only got one turn to buy an army).
* AI is now capable of winning Indian wars and the War of Independance

EDUCATION:
* Reduced education threshold increase from 20% to 10%.
NEW * Multiple colonists can graduate each turn.

MAPS:
* AI start locs no longer in order from top to bottom of map (randomised).
* Humans no longer start in the same start loc.
* Europe Sea Zone fix to one third of the way in from the map edge and 4 tiles from coast
* Regenerating map now resets REF (previously, every regeneration increased REF by initial size. EG: 8/4/4/4 to 16/8/8/8).
* Europe sea zone now removed from map when plot erased (noticeable in Map Regeneration).
* Start locations on random maps spread out more (increased iRange index from 10 to 40 in CvPlayer::startingPlotRange()).
* Can now sail to the east or west coast (if known) from Europe.
* AI will settle correctly in user-made custom scenarios.

UNITS:
* Colonists can now join cities after moving (like founding cities). Does not include outside jobs such as scout, military, pioneer, missionary.
* Can now set profession after moving (like clear profession).
* Converted native can no longer be educated at Indian settlements (can be trained at school as normal)."* Still can educete with out any problem.
* Converted natives can no longer become missionaries.
* Units cannot be made a soldier/dragoon and attack the same turn (eliminates an exploit). I can do that.
* Terrain double movement from promotions now works fully (eg: Swamp Fox II wasn't applying to marsh even though it was set to).
* Units unstack when entering native training (eliminates screwy behaviour).
* Units unstack when going to/from Europe (eliminates screwy behaviour).
NEW * Easier to get Great Generals in Marathon and Epic games.
NEW * Units on the way to, or in Europe get intercepted by the King when you declare independance.
NEW * Defensive bonus for armed natives fixed to match unarmed natives (mounted/unmounted reversed).
NEW * Docks hurry costs have a set maximum (currently 2000, will change).

TRADE:
* European horses tripled in price. still cost 200-300
* Blockaded goods no longer counted against tax rise threshold.
NEW * Warehouse expansion sales now count towards total traded amounts (not previously counted).
NEW * Natives only change desired good when supplied with that good (previously was any good would reset desired good). Does not work properly if supplyied more then 100 desired good. Desired goods still change *N/100. ie, if I sold 300 guns to village desired guns itdesired goods change 3 times.

INTERFACE:
* Warnings: Out of raw good for processing warning. Never saw any, does not work.
* Warnings: Almost out of space warning.[/COLOR] never saw any, does not work.

PEDIA:
NEW * GG concept entry no longer talks about free upgrades and retaining full experience when doing so.
NEW * FF's and Traits boosting native relations now correctly mentions auto-peace with natives.
* Renamed to Colonizopedia as it was in Col1.

MISC:
* Cargo now takes the number of berths in ships as defined in Civ4UnitInfos.xml via tag iBerthSize. (EG: Treasure now fills 6 berths of a ship) Nax, treasure still take only 1 cargo size.
* Can't declare war against another European Civ for the first 20 turns.
NEW * Missionaries now produce converts for a PLAYER not a NATION (eliminates converts confused which player to go to when two players same nation).
NEW * Exploration points now correctly scale for gamespeed.
NEW * Pilgrim king gives you a free ship if you lose your final ship (regardless of gold remaining).
NEW * Establishing missions now have an increasing failure chance based on success missions and difficulty.

In addition follow bugs appear:

Having good party caused tripple (or double) tax next turn or 2, even if nothing have been sold in between. It seems having party does not remove need of tax increase.

Version 1.06b has been posted

A minor update that includes all known bug fixes (patch 1.02) and resolves some minor problems with 1.05 (notably converts from missions). :)

I've lurked these boards for years, and after reading snoopy369's Fixes/Features thread and Dale's PatchMod thread, I've come forward with a request for a feature in a future patch. This request is for a toggle-board for a standard, non-modding user to allow and disallow for certain changes, beyond the planned "Bug-Fixes Only" edition.

Of course there's a large number of Civilization players out there, and many of them may have played Colonization as well. When it comes to meshing together contemporary coding/design and following a predecessor faithfully, these people will of course not agree with each other perfectly. Somewhere along those lines, however, the work you've done is more than satisfactory and should be applauded.

There will be players who do want all the bells and whistles, and others who want the Colonization game they played yesterday but powered on today's computers. I did not play the Colonization until a few years back, and even then it was the Windows edition; but the person who introduced me to Colonization played the original while growing up.

Without any mods, the two of us from different schools of Colonization manage to enjoy playing with and against each other with Civilization IV: Colonization. Still, I'd like to be able to look forward to a menu for switching things great and small bundled into a later patch: from Dale's "Colonopedia" or Sid's "Colonizopedia" to Converted Natives being permitted or barred from returning as Missionaries.

Thanks for taking the time to read and answer player posts.

Oh, and by the way, I too prefer the sound of "Colonopedia" better.

Ciao,
BestestAsbestos

Mutineer:

I think it may be an install issue on your side, as I can guarentee the red items are working. :)

I can also tell you that atleast the horses thing is wrong. Cost 4/5 at mine. And trippled should be like 12/13 should it not?

Mutineer:

I think it may be an install issue on your side, as I can guarentee the red items are working. :)

SAorry, I install your mod andload it up every time I played it. This issues are exist. Just for information I am proffecional system designer/computer programmer. I know what I am doing. Most lickly what are you looking on your system are not files you uploaded. Second posible explanation is that you use different operation system. (mine is Vista).

It is posible that your mod does not load properly under Vista, using original dll by some reason.

I can also tell you that atleast the horses thing is wrong. Cost 4/5 at mine. And trippled should be like 12/13 should it not?

Vanilla Col horse cost is 1/2. Sorry, it's working. :)

SAorry, I install your mod andload it up every time I played it. This issues are exist. Just for information I am proffecional system designer/computer programmer. I know what I am doing. Most lickly what are you looking on your system are not files you uploaded. Second posible explanation is that you use different operation system. (mine is Vista).

It is posible that your mod does not load properly under Vista, using original dll by some reason.

I developed Patch, PatchMod, and AoD2 under Vista. :) Sorry, it's working. Are you sure you have the latest version and installed it correctly? Make sure it says "PatchMod" top-right, and not anything else.

EDIT:
Only thing I can think of is that you probably have some custom assets installed as well, which are over-riding. The Indian convert education at Indian settlements, and horse prices are only XML changes not even SDK or python. That's what I think has happened, cuz I can guarentee those changes are working correctly (see my screenshots above).

LOL. Ok. i was sure it was more expensive lol. Well. Sorry about this mistake then. Well done.

Another thing i just noticed. I am playing with ozzy's map and patchmod. I just started a new game on ozzy's map on conquistador. And the king popped up on first turn before i could not anything with a message that I lost all my colonies and he sent me new ones. And the bastard raised my tax with 2 percent. So i restarted only to see him raising my tax to 5 percent that time. Ok what is wrong here.

My settings:

marathon
no razing of european cities
permanent alliances
random seed
independence (VC)

and yes i got latest versions.

Edit: I have now tried it with france and then the king does not pop up. But the english one does. Must be a bug of some sort.

Hello sirs!
I'm using this PatchMode and playing in Multiplayer with friend.
We play about 2-3 hours, and when Apache trying to attack friends unit - game goes Crash to Windows.

Save file in attachements.
My side - England
Friend side - French

Why Colonization is crashing with error?

Attachments

• Gainullin AD-1599.ColonizationSave
    86.1 KB · Views: 93
Top Bottom