1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[MOD] Snoopy/Dale PatchMod

Discussion in 'Civ4Col - Mods and Files' started by Dale, Sep 29, 2008.

1. Alrotha

Alrotha Chieftain

Hey Dale. First time poster here. Thank you for the mod, makes the game much more enjoyable. I am sure there are some minor errors i have not noticed yet but this one is annoying. I am playing a friend using Direct IP connect(same game version, same mod version). We have no problems playing or connecting but when I go to the Europe screen, click the purchase button to get some troops/ships, we get an OOS error and I am forced to reconnect. It only happens when i purchase something from Europe(buying materials like ore, guns, etc is ok). Also, when we buy troops, ships, or even resource gatherers or crafters it increases the Kings negative reaction to us 'Draining his MIlitary' by 1 each purchase. In our current game, he is -27 to us for 'Draining his military'. I thought this happened only when asking for military help from him and purchasing what he offered. Let me know if this is a bug and scheduled to be addressed. Thanks

2. Dale

Dale Deity

Wow that's a new one. And a bad one from the sounds of it. Will have to put it on the list to be addressed.

I'll be uploading a new version today, can you try that one and see if the same problems exist?

Thanks. :)

3. Alrotha

Alrotha Chieftain

where will it be posted for download?

4. Dale

Dale Deity

I'll leave a note here. :)

5. SerriaFox

SerriaFox King

Got another Possible bug report, or it just may be annoying me:

When ever you have a ship sail to Europe it used to return to the square it left now it always seem to return to a certain square, (that the game has decided is your starting square) no matter where it left form. Having a priveteer show up 7-8 turn south of the enemy waters every time it comes back from Europe is annoying. I understand have it appear there right after you bought it. But after it had successful voyage can we get it to reappear where it left?

6. nacc

nacc Chieftain

I just completed a game with this mod on revolutionary normal speed. This is THE mod! It looks like a pretty damn good game after all. Those warehouse warnings are stroke of genius. The reduction of immigration and education threshold is also a nice touch.

Suggestions:

- You should raise the initial REF for the higher difficulties to make it more challenging even with Liberty bell avoidance. Maybe conbine it with decrease of REF from Liberty bells.

- You should also increase native training threshold.

- And horses you get from ranch.

Also there are a few things that IMO aren't bugs and are part of the game balance:

- Treasure dont take 6 cargo spaces. It makes galeon not worth it. When you weigh risk; time; and cost on one side, and profit on the other... just revert it back to what it was:religion:.

- About the armed natives mixup. I think it was meant to discourage selling them horses. Its just too obvious to be a mistake. Natives get bonus when attaking on certain terains, so it was balanced with no defence bonus. Armed mounted natives get defence bonus to make up for their lower strength, compared to dragoons. But now that horses are expensive, its not that much of a problem.

- Natives don't really give you the cities. They just give you the deed to the land and move on to somewhere else. So now you can safely build your own cities there. I think it works OK the way it is.

- Also, I dont think you should be able to cancel native training. You just "live among the natives" untill you feel like going home. Not sure about this one.

7. player1 fanatic

player1 fanatic Fanatic

Not really, considering that regular Mounted Braves do not recieve defensive bonuses anyway.

And AI would never really profit from defense bonus for armed mounted braves, since he would still use them just for attack, and regular armed braves for village defense (which with original setup, do not get fortification bonus, nor hills terrain bonus, making natives conquest easier then intended).

8. Mutineer

Mutineer Deity

Actially After making it work I found a lots of bugs.
    1) Duch mission on ohter side of continent were producing converts for me.
    2) Mission counter did not go down after missiong were kicked out at start of war. I try to create my FIRST mission and had 65% of success.
    3) Troving goods party does not reset need to raise taxes, next turn king asked for bigger raise.
    4) Education even more bugget then befor. I think amount of money needed to gradute counts from moment you put your first free colonist for education.
    I was educating preachers and then pioners. I hed pioner working in city al time my student was in, but amount money asked was:
    950 gold, 850 gold, 650 gold, 620 gold. At that point I had enogth pioners and I remove pioner from city. Next time I graduated some body else, amount asked to graduate him as a pioner was 670, 710, 730 gold for pioner which were not present all time current students were in. Broken!

I think there were a few more, I just forgot about them.

9. atchy007

atchy007 Chieftain

I have the same problem, it makes the game really annoying to play.

Thanks for the MODs though :)

10. Dale

Dale Deity

That shouldn't be happening in 1.06b. The only time it should do that is when your ship swaps sides (from east to west, or vice-versa). If returning to the same side it returns to the departure plot as it does in vanilla. :)

11. sigma relief

sigma relief Chieftain

I have played thru a few games and am on my first with Patchmod (1.06). I don't want to sound a bug alert because I'm not really sure what I'm seeing. I have a pair of Seasoned Scouts that have earned Explorer I and II from scouting, however neither appears to recive the +1 Visibility or -1 movement cost bonus. The price of horses has increased so I'm sure I loaded the mod and have not installed anything else. The expected behaviour would be a movement range of 2 regardless of terain and a 2 square visible area, however neither kicks in. I could have this all wrong, please let me know if I do.

Thanks for all the fixes already.

12. SerriaFox

SerriaFox King

OK, I playing the version modified 10/7/08, which does not match the date on 1.06b, guess it is time to redownload. Will it break my saved game?

Side note is it possible to add a line in the main menu just below the mod name for the version number?

Example:

patchmod
    1.06b

in the upper right corner?

13. Dale

Dale Deity

Yeah it will. The fix for the confused converts was to add in the save file tag I should've added in the first place (don't code drunk at 1 am!) :crazyeye:

Hmmm..... I'll see what I can do. :)

14. M70

M70 Chieftain

Hallo everyone,
    this is my first post and I write from Italy so sorry for my terrible english.
    This is my problem:
    I have downloaded the version 1.06b ( and rightly loaded I see the version on the right corner of the first screen ) but it don't seems to fix the bug, nor the allert of lacking materials, nor the impossibilty of converted native be educated at Indian settlements etc..
    Obvisely I have an european version of the game and I play in italian lenguage...
    Is for this?

15. kcoun

kcoun Chieftain

Gents,

Could some kind soul please advise on how to extend the 300 turn limit ?
    I sorta like to play in "Domination Mode" ;)

Thanx ...

(oops - i posted in the wrong forum like a dummy)

16. Tboy

Tboy Future world ruler

A small query - would it be possible to release a version that installed into the game like an actual patch, so other mods could be played while still retaining the patch?

17. Zuul

Zuul Mod lister!

Long day. Still no update :p.

18. TechnoMule

TechnoMule Chieftain

He's living life on Marathon speed.

I was hoping for the patch before the weekend, but no go I guess.

19. Dale

Dale Deity

Just fixing a couple of issues that were found, plus IRL stuff. :)

20. TechnoMule

TechnoMule Chieftain

No problem. That's what I figured.

I don't want to rush you, because you've been doing an awesome job on the mods.