[MOD] Snoopy/Dale PatchMod

I'm not sure I follow...I'm using the PatchMod and I'm not seeing any randomness at all in the start locations when firing up a pregenerated map (for example the Western Hemisphere scenario). I start in exactly the same square regardless of which nation I choose to start as. Perhaps starting locations for the player is hardcoded when playing a scenario?

Or do you mean that it actually is random, only we can't really tell until the second part (distance fix) is implemented?

Oh and thanks for working on the mod, nice changes so far :goodjob:

You might not be loading it correctly, please check the top post for the install instructions. :)

Also, there is a chance you'll start in the same location, as there's only 4 "good" starting spots on each map (random or otherwise). The Europeans start in the top 4 starting locations so it's possible (25% chance) to get the same square between two games.

Dale:

Is version 1.03 supposed to be a lot smaller than 1.02? I just downloaded the new version, and it has only fraction of the files in the CVGameCoreDLL folder as were in 1.02. Total file size for 1.03 is 6MB vs. nearly 45MB for 1.02. Is this intentional? Thanks.

EDIT: And I'm also getting repeat crashes with 1.03 upon first encounter with another nation. Did I get a corrupt download?

Dale:

Is version 1.03 supposed to be a lot smaller than 1.02? I just downloaded the new version, and it has only fraction of the files in the CVGameCoreDLL folder as were in 1.02. Total file size for 1.03 is 6MB vs. nearly 45MB for 1.02. Is this intentional? Thanks.

EDIT: And I'm also getting repeat crashes with 1.03 upon first encounter with another nation. Did I get a corrupt download?

im also crashing alot with 1.03, when i first land my units insta crash to desktop

Apologies! I'd compiled with an out of date cpp file. I've fixed it, so if you got 1.03 before this message, please redownload. :)

Quueg:
Yes, the size is correct. I only placed the modified files in the CvGameCoreDLL folder (as everyone has the base source files). :)

is there any chance you guys will work out a way to set us set exact starting locations in a scenario? I know you talked about it Dale but I don't see it on the list of things the patch fixes

Hi Dale & Snoopy,

Thanks very much for taking the time to do this work. I appreciate your efforts to correct these things!

I would like to report a possible bug, if I may:

When I run beta patches 1.02 or 1.03, my units do not render on-screen. They are present and can be moved, commanded, etc. but they do not appear on-map.

I have followed the above instructions and installed the beta patch in the Mods folder, loading it as a mod, and not over-writing (to my knowledge) any original files. I have no other mods installed.

Standard C4C v1.00 runs fine in all respects. I can correct this problem by re-installing the game (in full) from the ground up. Just deleting the "Mods" folder with the beta patch installed still results in the invisable units, though.

Just wanted to bring this to your attention. Thanks again for all your help.

is there any chance you guys will work out a way to set us set exact starting locations in a scenario? I know you talked about it Dale but I don't see it on the list of things the patch fixes

It's on the list. :) Only so many hours, and so many things possible in a day. ;)

Our focus immediately is to make the game playable, and then we will spread out from there.

I'm sure you can agree with that approach.

Hi Dale & Snoopy,

Thanks very much for taking the time to do this work. I appreciate your efforts to correct these things!

I would like to report a possible bug, if I may:

When I run beta patches 1.02 or 1.03, my units do not render on-screen. They are present and can be moved, commanded, etc. but they do not appear on-map.

I have followed the above instructions and installed the beta patch in the Mods folder, loading it as a mod, and not over-writing (to my knowledge) any original files.

Standard C4C v1.00 runs fine in all respects. I can correct this problem by re-installing the game (in full) from the ground up. Just deleting the "Mods" folder with the beta patch installed still results in the invisable units, though.

Just wanted to bring this to your attention. Thanks again for all your help.

Sounds like you may be looking at a graphic issue. We haven't touched any piece there yet.

Here's what I suggest:
1. Go into Graphics options and set Anti-Aliasing to zero. If that doesn't fix it then....
2. Go into Graphics options and set graphics to low as well.

The Anti-Aliasing will trip up quite a number of graphics cards, specially older ones.

I can certainly agree! You managed to make some of the other maps floating around playable somehow, though without set starting locations. Is that achieved simply by removing the teams and the units in the scenario file with an editor?

Great work Dale and Snoopy!

I wonder if this mod is compatible with Ellestar's REF mod? I understand you not changing anything about REF before it can be tested but I rather get some change any change compared to it being tied to bells and test that out so I have a chance of getting a challenge. :)

Also why limit galleons to 1 treasure like in the original? I find that when I wipe out indians late (after extensive trade) they often have something like 200-300 gold per village, which would be extremely tedious to transport back one by one. I don't see what this change adds to the gameplay, thoughts? :)

We have made REF changes, but until the current stuff is tested (and commented on by you guys) we won't change anymore. :)

I didn't limit galleons to 1 treasure, I relinked this back to the tag in the UnitInfos xml file. It's just treasure is the most obvious one. I figure, you must have a ship with 6 berths, so it should take up 6 berths.

It was a code bug as it was hard-coded to 1 and didn't use the relevant UnitInfos tag at all.

This is where 1.04 currently stands (not released, I want to get a few more things in and 1.03 hasn't really been tested by anyone yet).

Code:
[b][i]Fixes and Changes:[/i][/b]
[b]REF:[/b]
* Added iKingUnitThresholdPercent xml tag to Civ4HandicapInfos.xml and implemented; 
	This allows the REF increases to be modified by an XML edit.  
	This will currently be left at 100% (normal), until further testing can be done to determine appropriate levels.
	Increases base incremental percent (10%) by fraction of (value/100).
* Added iKingGoldThresholdPercent xml tag to Civ4HandicapInfos.xml and implemented; 
	This allows the REF to change due to paying King money demands to be modified per difficulty (default == 50)
	This effects the REF threshold, rising it in relation to the amount of gold given to the King.  This slows REF growth by kissing his pinky.

[b]AI:[/b]
* AI will now use King's Transports after turn 90 for treasures if it doesn't have a galleon
* AI will load and take treasure to Europe from uncolonised continents (before they just sat there forever).
* AI now arms units in Europe and transports them to become standing defenders of the colonies.
* AI now correctly pursues massive armament during lead-up to revolution (previously only did this on declaration of independance meaning it only got one turn to buy an army).
* AI is now capable of winning Indian wars and the War of Independance

[b]EDUCATION:[/b]
* Reduced education threshold increase from 20% to 10%

[b]MAPS:[/b]
* AI start locs no longer in order from top to bottom of map (randomised).
* Humans no longer start in the same start loc.
* Europe Sea Zone fix to one third of the way in from the map edge and 4 tiles from coast
* Regenerating map now resets REF (previously, every regeneration increased REF by initial size.  EG: 8/4/4/4 to 16/8/8/8).
* Europe sea zone now removed from map when plot erased (noticeable in Map Regeneration).
* Start locations on random maps spread out more (increased iRange index from 10 to 40 in CvPlayer::startingPlotRange()).

[b]UNITS:[/b]
* Can now join cities after moving (like founding cities).
* Can now set profession after moving (like clear profession).
* Converted native can no longer be educated.

[b]MISC:[/b]
* Cargo now takes the number of berths in ships as defined in Civ4UnitInfos.xml.  (EG: Treasure now fills 6 berths of a ship)

Hey Dale,
While maybe a good change for balance, I was wondering what brought about, "Natives can no longer be educated"? Am I missing some cheesy related exploit?

Hello

First I'd like to thank both of u for modding out the issues that cripple the vanilla game.

I'm testing 1.03 and I'm getting strange results:

Galleons can only transport 1 Treasure, start locations of the europeans are random - those are things that have been changed, right?

But I can not use colonists after they have been moved - which should be possible in 1.03?

When I start a game, I choose advanced then the Patchmod and game restarts and in the above right corner 'Patchmod' is written. So it seems I have installed everything in the right places?

Another request - maybe it is already in the 'todo-list' or done: Would it be possible to always get all specializations which come through the natives? I find it very annoying to start a game and after 60 turns or more I've checked all tribes just to see that there are no sugar planters and fur trappers...

Keep up the good work!

Thx

Another request - maybe it is already in the 'todo-list' or done: Would it be possible to always get all specializations which come through the natives? I find it very annoying to start a game and after 60 turns or more I've checked all tribes just to see that there are no sugar planters and fur trappers...
Thx

Err, I personally prefer the "need to adapt" aspect where it may be in fact in a given game some specialties don't come up.

Def Zep said:

Sounds like you may be looking at a graphic issue. We haven't touched any piece there yet.

Here's what I suggest:
1. Go into Graphics options and set Anti-Aliasing to zero. If that doesn't fix it then....
2. Go into Graphics options and set graphics to low as well.

The Anti-Aliasing will trip up quite a number of graphics cards, specially older ones.

You might have accidentally triggered the "invisible units" from the GUI; there is a button next to the map that says "toggle bare map". Click on it and see if you can see your units again :). It's a bug in the game engine as well; I have gotten it myself once or twice in Civ IV, my girlfriend also had that yesterday.

* Converted native can no longer be educated.

Is this really necessary?
Civilopedia clearly states that Converted Native have -1 penalty to education (just like Indenturned Servants).

I guess if it was design decision to have them never trained that they would also have no such penalty.

Top Bottom