[MOD] Snoopy/Dale PatchMod

Yes, I do understand that. But how about proposing the 'Leadership' promotion to Militia having say Veteran III or higher? Choosing that would also change the model to the Blue Continental. That would be kinda neat to see your army visually change to professionals over time.
I agree. Once a Militia unit has all the promotions a normal Veteran Soldier has, it could change to one. Just for flavour. :)

However, it's not really a bugfix, so it might have to wait.

Hi Dale and Snoopy, I'm very happy you guys are doing this work for all of us. I'm having a problem with the patch and is horrible because it prevents me to go forward in my best game so far :cry:

Going from turn 126 to 127 my game crashes to desktop, every time no matter what I do and I don't see any different going on. The microsoft error message states that the problem is with the file "CvGameCoreDLL.dll" and the game creates a file called ThemeParseLog.txt with the following message:

[Oct 04, 2008 - 09:29:10] Messages while processing 'Resource/Civ4.thm'

Error : Decl - ('Civ4Theme_Common.thm', Ln:401, Col:13) Assignment source propertyId 'SF_CtrlTheme_Civ4_Control_Font_Size3_Italic' not found
Error : Decl - ('Civ4Theme_Common.thm', Ln:402, Col:13) Assignment source propertyId 'SF_CtrlTheme_Civ4_Control_Font_Size3_BoldItalic' not found
Error : Decl - ('Civ4Theme_Common.thm', Ln:408, Col:13) Assignment source propertyId 'SF_CtrlTheme_Civ4_Control_Font_Size1_Bold' not found
Error : Decl - ('Civ4Theme_Window.thm', Ln:3048, Col:9) Assignment source propertyId 'SF_CtrlTheme_Civ4_Control_Font_Size1_Bold' not found
Error : File - ('Civ4Theme_HUD.thm', Ln:401, Col:47) Could not load bitmap 'Colonization/end_turn.dds'
Error : File - ('Civ4Theme_HUD.thm', Ln:884, Col:47) Could not load bitmap '../Beyond the Sword/Resource/Civ4/HUD/HUD_BTS_icons.tga'
Error : File - ('Civ4Theme_HUD.thm', Ln:885, Col:47) Could not load bitmap '../Beyond the Sword/Resource/Civ4/HUD/HUD_BTS_icons.tga'
Error : Syntax - ('Civ4Theme_HUD.thm', Ln:887, Col:13) Unexpected '.' in the identifier assignment statement
Error : File - ('Civ4Theme_HUD.thm', Ln:888, Col:47) Could not load bitmap '../Beyond the Sword/Resource/Civ4/HUD/HUD_BTS_icons.tga'
Error : File - ('Civ4Theme_HUD.thm', Ln:889, Col:47) Could not load bitmap '../Beyond the Sword/Resource/Civ4/HUD/HUD_BTS_icons.tga'
Error : File - ('Civ4Theme_HUD.thm', Ln:904, Col:47) Could not load bitmap '../Beyond the Sword/Resource/Civ4/HUD/HUD_BTS_icons.tga'
Error : File - ('Civ4Theme_HUD.thm', Ln:905, Col:47) Could not load bitmap '../Beyond the Sword/Resource/Civ4/HUD/HUD_BTS_icons.tga'
Error : File - ('Civ4Theme_HUD.thm', Ln:907, Col:47) Could not load bitmap '../Beyond the Sword/Resource/Civ4/HUD/HUD_BTS_icons.tga'
Error : File - ('Civ4Theme_HUD.thm', Ln:908, Col:47) Could not load bitmap '../Beyond the Sword/Resource/Civ4/HUD/HUD_BTS_icons.tga'
Error : File - ('Civ4Theme_HUD.thm', Ln:909, Col:47) Could not load bitmap '../Beyond the Sword/Resource/Civ4/HUD/HUD_BTS_icons.tga'
Error : File - ('Civ4Theme_HUD.thm', Ln:924, Col:47) Could not load bitmap '../Beyond the Sword/Resource/Civ4/HUD/HUD_BTS_icons.tga'
Error : File - ('Civ4Theme_HUD.thm', Ln:925, Col:47) Could not load bitmap '../Beyond the Sword/Resource/Civ4/HUD/HUD_BTS_icons.tga'
Error : Syntax - ('Civ4Theme_HUD.thm', Ln:927, Col:13) Unexpected '.' in the identifier assignment statement
Error : File - ('Civ4Theme_HUD.thm', Ln:928, Col:47) Could not load bitmap '../Beyond the Sword/Resource/Civ4/HUD/HUD_BTS_icons.tga'
Error : File - ('Civ4Theme_HUD.thm', Ln:929, Col:47) Could not load bitmap '../Beyond the Sword/Resource/Civ4/HUD/HUD_BTS_icons.tga'

The reason I think it might be a problem with the patch is because "CvGameCoreDLL.dll" is one of the moded files and I never had this problem before while running vanilla. I found someone having the same problem in a german forum and he claims he fixed it by installing the "Microsoft Visual c++2005 Redistributable" but I tried that and it didn't do the trick for me :(

Please post the save so I can debug the crash. :)

i am getting a crash too, i reached turn 326 in marathon and it crashes every time.....

this is what the crash said

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: Colonization.exe
Application Version: 1.0.0.0
Application Timestamp: 00000000
Fault Module Name: CvGameCoreDLL.dll
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.1
Fault Module Timestamp: 48e5794b
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 00053097
OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 35e3
Additional Information 2: 37f4ec5d58068873a21f2805e6aa528f
Additional Information 3: 2d93
Additional Information 4: 91df07db244f21072587f284953bfce7

Read our privacy statement:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=50163&clcid=0x0409

Hi Dale, thanks for your prompt answer I'm kind of new so I didn't think about posting the save, here it is. just go a couple of turns more.

Attachments

• AutoSave_AD-1574-September.ColonizationSave
    156.4 KB · Views: 204
Hi everyone,
Dale, thanks for the awesome changes, really makes the game a better experience. Unfortunately I too have the same Theme Parse errors as the other posters.
Looking forward to your resolution!

Why does it mention a BTS resource in that output? :o
Does your mod make use of those things?

Theme/resources haven't been touched by us.

Theme/resources haven't been touched by us.

Of course not. However, could your changes be referencing the various sections in the files referred to in the Theme Parse error log given that people using this mod are experiencing the same errors?
Through brute editing (nothing elegant) I managed to reduce the errors to just the two syntax errors, but lack the knowledge to effectively edit Civ4Theme_HUD further. Attached are the three files I edited to reduce the errors. Found in: ...Resource\Themes\Civ4 test.

Attachments

• Civ4Theme.zip
    19.8 KB · Views: 140
Oh no doubt it is caused by something, I will debug and find out what and fix it. :)

I just doubt it is directly related to the theme file though.

Thanks Dale & Snoopy for the paching. :)

Cool option for west & east travel.

Dale, could you implement click-SHIFT to work in diplomacy screen when trading with natives. Currently you can only offer full shipment of whatever goods you have in wagon train.

If nobody has suggested it yet, to make a shortcut that will automatically load the mod as you open the game, create a shortcut pointing to:

"C:\Program Files\2K Games\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization IV Colonization\Colonization.exe" mod="PatchMod"

or, if your path to the game is different, simply add
mod="PatchMod"
to the end

Or, you can alter the .ini file to make it automaticaly load the mod if you enver play without it.

Hi,
Great work so far. Could you try to look at taxes? It is not funny to pay 75% of income to king in 17th century:(. And I even play as Adriaen Van Der Donck...:eek:

Also I have same problem as others:(. I play as Dutch, marathon, explorer difficulty, classic Americas map and experience CTD no matter what I do.:( I attach my saved game.

Attachments

• Andrej AD-1674-September.ColonizationSave
    294.9 KB · Views: 122
Top Bottom