1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[mod] TOTAL REALISM 2.0

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Modpacks' started by Houman, Jun 6, 2006.

1. noid

noid Warlord

clearing cache doesnt do the trick :/

2. noid

noid Warlord

the game runs fine, if i load the mod from within the game, only using shortcuts to load the mod makes the game crash..

3. Oettinger77

Oettinger77 Chieftain

hm i am still having the same problem - am i the only one?
    pleeeease help me ;)

Regards

4. Houman

Houman TR Team Leader

The Gold version of Warlords: Total Realism will come in two weeks. According to my experience my Warlords: the Game engine is amazingly more stable than 1.61 Vanilla.

I did have barely problems with Cache and CTD right in the beginning of the game, despite the fact that we have already inplemented everything from Total Realism to Warlords. Warlords also doesn't freeze like the Vanilla sometimes while loading the game.

Overall I recommend buying the Warlords expansion in two weeks and play the new Warlords:Total Realism, which will be a new experience.

Regarding the patch, guys - we had all these discussions before. The Vanilla engine is not so stable. Have a look at the first posts. Clear cache - restart Windows, start Vanilla, load Mod from within Game. Form now it should be possible to start the mod through desktop double click. If at this point you get another CTD, do not clear cache and do not restart windows, but restatr the game again as you did before. The second time it will work.

5. demeryt

demeryt Chieftain

Is 2.1.3 working with 2.1.2 saves?

6. jfuesting

jfuesting Chieftain

I wonder if there is any way to "attach" or set up a switch in the CivIV.exe that will automatically clear the custom assets cache before the application starts. The whole fact that the program doesn't do it automatically out of the box is a bit rediculous. It would be like Lexus putting out a new luxury sedan that you had to stick a crank in the grill to start.

7. mrmistophelees

mrmistophelees Chieftain

It's beautiful!! I installed the patch over my 2.11 game. I made sure my cache was clear, fired up the shortcut to the TR mod, and crossed my fingers!
    I didn't have a crash loading up, so I loaded up my save game that had an inevitable CTD when I progressed to the next turn, and crossed my fingers again.

And the game didn't crash!

So to clear up the question above me, the patch IS COMPATIBLE with 2.11/2.12 saved games.

Thank you TR team! :goodjob:

8. Houman

Houman TR Team Leader

You are welcome! :D

9. Harrier

Harrier Deity

Now if you had worked for me - you would have spent that time doing the boring stuff: documentation updates. :D ;)

10. Houman

Houman TR Team Leader

UUrrrrggg, Isn't that what QA is for? :D

11. bu e babi

bu e babi Chieftain

12. Houman

Houman TR Team Leader

The CTD should be solved in this patch. If you change the tech trade, dont forget that the open border tech trade is still in place. I don't know what sort of problem this might cause.

Regards
    Houman

13. Olive

Olive Chieftain

Alas, fully patched (2.1.3), another CTD year 2093. You must be sick of working on this. Lemme know if you want saved game. :sad:

14. Hian the Frog

Hian the Frog TR Designer and XML

Hi guys,

Please have a look on the buildings thread. I have made a suggestion and i wait for comments.

Thx.

The Frog.

15. niall777

niall777 Chieftain

any one else having trouble 'terraforming'?

it just keeps saying city needs to work to terraform. is this an error?

very good mod pack by the by

16. Houman

Houman TR Team Leader

Hmm if I am not wrong the Terra mod is still broken..damn it...Ok let see what we can do..the list gets never shorter :sad:

17. niall777

niall777 Chieftain

lol! sorry to add to your list but, its something i think CIV4 has really lacked!

would also love to see air-bases back in the game! ;-)

18. TerryM

TerryM Chieftain

Is there a place where I can read the manual for total realism? Looked but couldn't find it.
    As an aside, when viewing a city, there is a baton(?)...what's that do.

19. NeMeSiS_BE

NeMeSiS_BE Chieftain

Well - the 2.1.3 patch definately fixed my broken game !
    You guys spending hours upon hours for this mod - GREAT WORK !!!!! It is appreciated !!!

I sometimes still CTD - but when launching an (autosave) savegame - i can continue - might only loose a couple of rounds... strange... most of the time this happens after a few hours...

Really enjoy the Total Realism mod - although it made me dislike plain vanilla Civ-IV ;-) - Keep up the good work.

20. Houman

Houman TR Team Leader

Mexico is working again on softening some bugs in Dales COmbat mod. Next Weekend, if everything goes as it should we might release the Warlords:Total Realism Gold.

Regarding Documentation, please look into the Total Realism folder, Inclusions, Documentations. The baton is contracting out the unit as Mercenary.

Regards
    Houman