[mod] TOTAL REALISM 2.0

the game runs fine, if i load the mod from within the game, only using shortcuts to load the mod makes the game crash..

Oettinger77 said:
hmm i had a little problem after patching to 2.1
just look at the screenshot and you know what i mean

Regards

hm i am still having the same problem - am i the only one?
pleeeease help me ;)

Regards

The Gold version of Warlords: Total Realism will come in two weeks. According to my experience my Warlords: the Game engine is amazingly more stable than 1.61 Vanilla.

I did have barely problems with Cache and CTD right in the beginning of the game, despite the fact that we have already inplemented everything from Total Realism to Warlords. Warlords also doesn't freeze like the Vanilla sometimes while loading the game.

Overall I recommend buying the Warlords expansion in two weeks and play the new Warlords:Total Realism, which will be a new experience.

Regarding the patch, guys - we had all these discussions before. The Vanilla engine is not so stable. Have a look at the first posts. Clear cache - restart Windows, start Vanilla, load Mod from within Game. Form now it should be possible to start the mod through desktop double click. If at this point you get another CTD, do not clear cache and do not restart windows, but restatr the game again as you did before. The second time it will work.

I wonder if there is any way to "attach" or set up a switch in the CivIV.exe that will automatically clear the custom assets cache before the application starts. The whole fact that the program doesn't do it automatically out of the box is a bit rediculous. It would be like Lexus putting out a new luxury sedan that you had to stick a crank in the grill to start.

It's beautiful!! I installed the patch over my 2.11 game. I made sure my cache was clear, fired up the shortcut to the TR mod, and crossed my fingers!
I didn't have a crash loading up, so I loaded up my save game that had an inevitable CTD when I progressed to the next turn, and crossed my fingers again.

And the game didn't crash!

So to clear up the question above me, the patch IS COMPATIBLE with 2.11/2.12 saved games.

Thank you TR team! :goodjob:

Houman said:
LOL, I know what you mean dude. When I still was working for my old comany and we had after Xmas no new projects and everyone was pretty much sitting there and doing nothing. I was typing diligently in XML files until late hours. Since my projects have always been XML it looked very much like work. :D But well I hated just to sit around and wanted be productive....and you guys were the winner :D

Now if you had worked for me - you would have spent that time doing the boring stuff: documentation updates. :D ;)

Harrier said:
Now if you had worked for me - you would have spent that time doing the boring stuff: documentation updates. :D ;)

UUrrrrggg, Isn't that what QA is for? :D

Houman said:
UUrrrrggg, Isn't that what QA is for? :D[/QUOTE

what 's the principals causes of the crash of tm?

because 'i've installed all the patches i delete the cache before install, but in determines periods ( not the same) the game stop , and i run to desktop

( I usually change the set of the game for example the tradement of tecnologies)

Thanks

Bu e babi

The CTD should be solved in this patch. If you change the tech trade, dont forget that the open border tech trade is still in place. I don't know what sort of problem this might cause.

Regards
Houman

Alas, fully patched (2.1.3), another CTD year 2093. You must be sick of working on this. Lemme know if you want saved game. :sad:

Hi guys,

Please have a look on the buildings thread. I have made a suggestion and i wait for comments.

Thx.

The Frog.

any one else having trouble 'terraforming'?

it just keeps saying city needs to work to terraform. is this an error?

very good mod pack by the by

lol! sorry to add to your list but, its something i think CIV4 has really lacked!

would also love to see air-bases back in the game! ;-)

Is there a place where I can read the manual for total realism? Looked but couldn't find it.
As an aside, when viewing a city, there is a baton(?)...what's that do.

Well - the 2.1.3 patch definately fixed my broken game !
You guys spending hours upon hours for this mod - GREAT WORK !!!!! It is appreciated !!!

I sometimes still CTD - but when launching an (autosave) savegame - i can continue - might only loose a couple of rounds... strange... most of the time this happens after a few hours...

Really enjoy the Total Realism mod - although it made me dislike plain vanilla Civ-IV ;-) - Keep up the good work.

Mexico is working again on softening some bugs in Dales COmbat mod. Next Weekend, if everything goes as it should we might release the Warlords:Total Realism Gold.

Regarding Documentation, please look into the Total Realism folder, Inclusions, Documentations. The baton is contracting out the unit as Mercenary.

Regards
Houman

Top Bottom