[mod] TOTAL REALISM 2.0

I have mixed the Total Realism Mod with a gigantic Maps Mod... and it rocks ^^ But you need a very good machine. The Turns are running in a Speed that is ok/good. But better don't try to switch on/off the grid... or you can go out and get some food at the Burger King or another fast food restaurant of your choice ^^

And... umm... better not use the World Builder ^^ Switching between Builder and Game costs about 5-15 Minutes (have not watched at the clock, but it was a long time).

I also changed some Tech cost (cause in a bigger World you need more time to upgrade your realm tiles). The Ancient Age Tech I left at the Total Realism Values (so all players have the Basics to build more cities and manage them efficient). Classical Age Tech Cost is "Total Realism Tech cost x 3 = My New value). Medieval is TRx4. Renaissance is TRx5. Ind, Modern and Future are also TRx5. It's just too big to test it in a few days... but i think it will work fine for this gigantic maps.

I just want to mention the Idea of using gigantic maps mod in Total Realism. Can you put it in the Total Realism Mod? Do you want to do that? ^^

The Reasons why I ask:
1. I do not want to do it every time again for myself when a new Total Realism Version is released ^^
2. Others could like that type of gameplay, too.

For all:
I play the gigantic Maps with a P4 3,2GhZ, Geforce 7800 GT and 1GB Ram (500). It would run much better if i had 2GB Ram i think, but it's ok for me.

Los Tirano said:
Houman or TR team, on the melee thread the ideas on zealots have been gathered into a single post. :goodjob:
Thanks Bro' will check it out. I did not know if I could find the time inbetween clients today to do it. :p

So, in case anyone noticed, I found the answer to the flags issue about a page further in my reading from before, so I’ve got that now. Thank you.

I wanted to give my thanks to the creators of this mod for making a playing experience so enjoyable that I can’t go back to playing vanilla, or even another mod. Damn me for going straight to the best from the beginning.

Also, I want to comment on one of the “realism” elements that seems to have been unintentionally included in the mod: Armageddon. It’s so cool how, completely out of nowhere, sometimes the world just randomly fades to black and ends! :lol:

Seriously though, I’ve played two extended games now, one on Warlord level where I easily made it to the Industrial Age, and a second at Noble level where I was in the Medieval Age, and in both cases I ended up having to quit a game I was enjoying very much because I got a repeating game crash. On one or two other occasions I’ve had a similar crash that wasn’t repeated when I restarted the game, but twice I’ve had crashes where I restarted and it crashed at the exact same place again. It has in both cases been at the end of a turn, and at least one of them involved achieving a new tech advance, and I think they both did.

I love this game and this mod, but I have a busy life and I feel like I’m wasting my time if I play 5 or 6 hours on a game that ends up just crashing. It’s extremely frustrating. Also, in the 14 or so years that I’ve been playing Civ, I’ve never been able to “go back” and play a previous incarnation of the game with any level of enjoyment after a new and better release or mod is available.

I see that a new patch is planned for release in the coming days, and I hope it solves most of these issues. If not, I’ll save my crashes and forward them to the development team. How do I get them to you again?

punkdavid said:
I see that a new patch is planned for release in the coming days, and I hope it solves most of these issues. If not, I’ll save my crashes and forward them to the development team. How do I get them to you again?

Just send an email to "bugs.totalrealism(at)gmail.com" with your savegames attached.

Some good news,

Mexico and I just have found the 3rd and maybe last Bug that was causing CTD.

80% of the savegame you had sent us were causing the same problem. I savegame was causing a second one and only 2 were causing some python errors. Everything is solved. :)

Houman said:
Some good news,

80% of the savegame you had sent us were causing the same problem. I savegame was causing a second one and only 2 were causing some python errors. Everything is solved. :)

You guys rock :cool:

Thats terrific news! How soon till we see patch to solve CTD issues? Am waiting impatiently for new update so I can proceed playing. Im crashing in every game I play a couple of hours in...

The mod is fantastic guys, really cant believe how much it has improved on the original game. Seriously, they should have paid you guys to do the expansion as has been said before.

Houman said:
Some good news,

Gods among mortals :bowdown:

Yavrim said:
Thats terrific news! How soon till we see patch to solve CTD issues? Am waiting impatiently for new update so I can proceed playing.

I guess that's how we all feel ;) Perhaps we should'nt stress the guineses while they are working... COME ON - release the patch, guys! :) :)

Houman said:
Some good news,

Superb!

I assume that CTD stands for something like the crashes I was reporting above (not familiar with the term).

This idea will be a very hard and long lasting job... not mentioning the impact on speed of game.

But can we split Barbarians into some tribes ? whith witch you start in war, and -8 disposition. But you will be able to buy EVERYTHING from barbarian tribes (no we wont trade whith you), well maybe exept cities, but at higher price.

What i mean is to dont make 1 barbarian state, but independant tribes, witch will have permanent alliances. So lets say 1 barbarian tribe will be non Tamujin's(later called Genghis Khan) Mongolian tribes, and other one, lets say Sasses (or the ones in British islands), and another one Skandinavian tribes (Vikings), Iroquis (american).

some comments about that ?

punkdavid said:
Superb!

I assume that CTD stands for something like the crashes I was reporting above (not familiar with the term).
It means "Crash To Desktop"; the computer throws you out of the game and you are staring at the Windows (presumably) desktop. ;)

Top Bottom