1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[mod] TOTAL REALISM 2.0

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Modpacks' started by Houman, Jun 6, 2006.

1. Underdawg

Underdawg Chieftain

YES!!!!! ZOMG WTFBEEFBBQ!!!!! LOL!!!

EUPHORIA! I am ecstatic!.

2. Serga

Serga Civilized maniak

:) and many others, such as "3-square city mod", "Sniper mod" and so on...

I`ll wait Total realism 3 ;)

3. Serga

Serga Civilized maniak

I have a save in which chariot produced without experience in a city with barracks.
    Where have i to send it? :)

4. Ementio

Ementio Chieftain

Houman and team, congratulations on putting together such a creative and fascinating mod. You've obviously spent a huge amount of time and effort. I have played a few games on the Total Realism world map and thoroughly enjoyed them.

I was pretty shocked when, playing Greece, I lost Sparta to a revolt of slaves, who razed the city--the little b*stards!

One major downside of the mod, which someone else noted, is how slow it is. I understand your explanation that this is caused by the number of barbs at the beginning, and that the game "evens out" as Civs grow and destroy the barbs. Nonetheless, from a game design standpoint, you should rethink this to make the mod more playable. Right now, it takes me about 15 to 20 seconds per turn (1 meg of RAM, fast processor and new video card). It's a real chore to play the first hour, waiting 5 to 6 minutes for a city to make a worker!! As the game develops and you build more cities, the wait between turns isn't a problem, because it gives you time to think through strategies and plan the next turn. However, the first hour or so is just lethal.

I hope you're able to find a fix for this so the mod is more enjoyable to play. I'm not a techie, so can't give any suggestions.

Aside from this, as I said above, you've done a superb job. Keep it up!

5. Walter Hawkwood

Walter Hawkwood RI Court Painter

As far as human players go, that's more or less not a problem (except for soldier citizens auto-assigned in the cities). I, for once, almost never go for those. I'm more concerned with AI, who definitely doesn't prefer variety, and is cranking out more great generals than other GP combined.

6. Serga

Serga Civilized maniak

Something wrong with experience distribution.
    After battle units in my stack didnt get any exp, but a unit that did not take a part in a battle and being fortified deep in my territory get exp and promoted..
    Waiting bugfix.. :(
    Anyway its a best mod for Civ 4 i`v ever seen :)

7. junter

junter Chieftain

Hello, in the next version of Total Realism will be the Revolution mod ?:nuke:

8. Spartan117

Spartan117 Immortal

i think dale finished the ranged artillery portion of his mod

this should definitly be added

what other things can be added?...hmm..

new future techs? transport helos flying over coastal tiles? a new mine system..the naval mines could be improved...possible introduction of cruise missles and torpedoes....

any other opinions?

9. Serga

Serga Civilized maniak

3-square city radius or even more !!

10. Innocence

Innocence Chieftain

I recommend adding at least 999 meg ekstra RAM, so you'd have 1 gig total :lol:

11. afgates

afgates Chieftain

OK, solved it, shows what happens if one ACTUALLY RTF thread. The trick is the customs assest folder. I had the Ancient Med mod installed and that didn't seem to want to play nice with the TR 2.0 interface.

12. 12monkeys

12monkeys Chieftain

Some questions to this, which ma yhelp us to find the reason for this weird problem :
    - can you please double check that your CustomAssets folder is empty.
    - what map size and skill level did you choose for that game.

thx

12m

13. 12monkeys

12monkeys Chieftain

Usually this couldn't be a problem, because Judaism should only be able to spread if the country is the the owner of the jewish holy city.

But can you please double check that your CustomAssets folder is empty?

thx

12m

14. Houman

Houman TR Team Leader

:D

1) My friends PLEASE NEVER ever do things you do not understand. NEVER ever overwrite the DLL that comes with our MOD with the Vanilla. You think you have made the game faster? Why do you think we have put the file in there? Just for fun to make your games slower? We have put in essential features compiled inside the DLL. The problem why the DLL is slower is that we have Python hooks from the DLL to outside that we are using for two Mod components. It seems this idea makes it easier to mod, but cost performance. We will revert this idea and put things back into the DLLs to make things faster for the future.

In either case never modify a file, even a text file, if you do not understand what you are doing.

2) Guys, make sure you have NOTHING in your Custom Assets folder. We cannot reproduce the problem and no one here is kind enough sending us a savegame. We strongly assume that those that are having the Judaism spread problem are having files inside their Custom Asset folder.

Mexico, I suppose we are forced to implement a check in the installer to see if our files with the same directory structure are included in the Custom Asset folder. If yes, cancel the Mod installation and tell the user to clean up the Custom Asset folder. Is this doable?

Thanks
    Houman

15. Serga

Serga Civilized maniak

Chariot with 3/10 exp has two permanent promotions.
    IMHO its a same bug with experience distribution.
    Annoying..

Attached Files:

16. Mexico

Mexico TR senior programmer

as wroted before...can you provide us with save files (before and after battle?) i still can't reproduce this (please post bug in bug report together with saves)

17. Smash15195

Smash15195 Chieftain

toysrus peut etre pourrions nous nous partagé le travail en effet cela ne sert a rien de faire la meme chose chacun de notre coté.
    Personnellement j'ai fais les fichiers jusqu'a "CIV4ModSpecDomAdvisorInfo" (qui est quasiment fini) dans le dossier text.
    Ce serais sympa et plus rapie si nous le faisions ensemble !

18. Houman

Houman TR Team Leader

You aguys are welcome doing the translation together. Maybe one of you could do some of the files and the other one the other half. Or just do it all together and improve each others translations.

Regards
    Houman

19. Serga

Serga Civilized maniak

i had many instances of this but, no one save :( May be later.

I can email a save where city with barracks produce a unit without experience.
    But i cant attach it because size too big.

20. Mexico

Mexico TR senior programmer

but i mean to attach this into bug tracker - no email...