1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[mod] TOTAL REALISM 2.0

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Modpacks' started by Houman, Jun 6, 2006.

1. Ankenaton

Ankenaton "The Heretic"

I had one on Monday morning after going to sleep at 4:00am; nothing like a little pillaging and burning by Pharoah's chariots to get you in the right frame of mind for the stupid interview questions such as: How do you think you will help the company? Answer: Blah, blah, blah; what you really want to say - let's cut the lame question and answer period do I have the job or not and when can I take my first vacation? :lol: :lol: :lol:

2. Narcio

Narcio Chieftain

Thanks Houman for responding so quickly.

I'm not an expert or anything, but I do lots of scripting and have been messing with the Civ files for a while so I can certainly give it a try and look into the multiplayer issue.

Could you help me out by telling me approximately when in the version history of Realism Mod that the multiplayer started getting sync outs? If the approximate step in the version history when they started is known, it may be a lot easier to pin point the culprit. Components that were recently added would probably then be the best place to look.

Thanks, take care,
    Narcio

3. THARN

THARN Warlord

I d-loaded the mod last night.
    Thank you for offering this. I played for a few hours and thoroughly enjoy every aspect you guys put into it.

S~

4. chooch

chooch Chieftain

Did anyone realize the 2.0a version is infected with a trojan horse?

5. Brave Sir Robin

Brave Sir Robin he bravely ran away

@Brave Sir Robin,
    Thanks for the screenies. Some problem with namegenerator. I suppose you have the 2.0.2 installed since there was a bug in 2.0.1. Hiopefully Mexico can kill this Python bugs. ;)

Houman
    yes i am running 2.0.2

6. Pisces

Pisces Chieftain

Check it with any anti-viral program other than Norton and you'll discover that's false. Also feel free to read any of the previous pages of this thread that cover that issue.

7. Mexico

Mexico TR senior programmer

image #1:
    have you active demolition unit? this bug appear, when demolition unit is presented in game, (problem with non-ai setting for unit) - but when i set AI to ai_worker, then this demolition unit in AI controled civ sometimes change all land to water, so i keep this as non_ai until new ai script will be developed
    (this error is only annyoning, do not broke game - this is from world builder save script)
    image #2:
    hmm, ok, i take look into this random name generator (because this rabdom name generator not take care about barbarians great peoples)

8. Brave Sir Robin

Brave Sir Robin he bravely ran away

yes i do have a demolition unit . I built one just to see what this cool new unit could do
    niether of these are game breakers screens just click away

9. drew61267

drew61267 Chieftain

Well, this is the second mod I have downloaded that I get the white flag with any civ I play. I even installed the white flag fix when I installed the the patches for this mod. Can someone tell me in 1st grade terms how to fix this problem with the graphics for the flags? I hate to look like I am surrendering...

Thx

10. Propunk

Propunk Warlord

@Houman:
    Yes, I have patch 2.0.2 installed. On the city screen, the ICBM icon doesn't require anything when the mouse arrow is on it. It's just dark, as are the units that cannot be built.

11. Los Tirano

Los Tirano God-King

Oh i am loving the mercenary component so very much. All last night my three armies of musketeers led by experienced conquistadors laid waste to the Americans and the Chinese. Today its the polishing off of the chinese and then the Aztecs. Few can stand against this beautiful combination. Is so mobile and so efficient. Losses are very low, kills ratio is very high.

12. Misterbison13

Misterbison13 Chieftain

How come I can not raze some cities that I want to, but I can raze other cities?
    Thx

13. Ankenaton

Ankenaton "The Heretic"

And the peasants switched their allegiances to their new masters!:lol: :lol: :lol:

14. Pisces

Pisces Chieftain

Because the game can read your mind. :p

15. Fr8monkey

Fr8monkey Deity

16. Nightravn

Nightravn Warlord

@Misterbison13 - It is a bug with the Raze City mod component. You can't raze somecities that have a population of 2 or 3. We are aware of it and working on it. Until it is fixed we give you permission to use the world builder to delete the city but keep only one eye open and no looking around. ;)

17. Los Tirano

Los Tirano God-King

Permission? I assume everyone was slightly dastardly with the world builder? Cheating makes it less boring if you are made too powerful, but i recall one game was just pure gold when i adjusted everyones diplomacy and the map was like Europe; continuous wars and short periods of peace.

You cant go wrong if you throw in pure racial hatred. It keeps things interesting. :lol:

18. Nightravn

Nightravn Warlord

Nope it just you!!! :p

19. rumbold

rumbold Chieftain

Ha! I should do that in my game. It's been far too peaceful. The only wars were agains the non-zoro, buddha loving Nap and Issy.

Or I could covert to Christianity and have everyone hate me...hmmm that might be more interesting.

20. Ronin228

Ronin228 Chieftain

What does the Ninja do? Mine just sits inside the enemy city doing nothing.