[mod] TOTAL REALISM 2.0

mickeyj said:
Great mod, this kept me up most of last night, which didn't help as I had a job interview this morning and nearly dozed off :goodjob:

Agreed - this would be really usefull.
I had one on Monday morning after going to sleep at 4:00am; nothing like a little pillaging and burning by Pharoah's chariots to get you in the right frame of mind for the stupid interview questions such as: How do you think you will help the company? Answer: Blah, blah, blah; what you really want to say - let's cut the lame question and answer period do I have the job or not and when can I take my first vacation? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks Houman for responding so quickly.

I'm not an expert or anything, but I do lots of scripting and have been messing with the Civ files for a while so I can certainly give it a try and look into the multiplayer issue.

Could you help me out by telling me approximately when in the version history of Realism Mod that the multiplayer started getting sync outs? If the approximate step in the version history when they started is known, it may be a lot easier to pin point the culprit. Components that were recently added would probably then be the best place to look.

Thanks, take care,
Narcio

I d-loaded the mod last night.
Thank you for offering this. I played for a few hours and thoroughly enjoy every aspect you guys put into it.

S~

@Brave Sir Robin,
Thanks for the screenies. Some problem with namegenerator. I suppose you have the 2.0.2 installed since there was a bug in 2.0.1. Hiopefully Mexico can kill this Python bugs. ;)

Houman
yes i am running 2.0.2

chooch said:
Did anyone realize the 2.0a version is infected with a trojan horse?

Check it with any anti-viral program other than Norton and you'll discover that's false. Also feel free to read any of the previous pages of this thread that cover that issue.

Brave Sir Robin said:
@Brave Sir Robin,
Thanks for the screenies. Some problem with namegenerator. I suppose you have the 2.0.2 installed since there was a bug in 2.0.1. Hiopefully Mexico can kill this Python bugs. ;)

Houman
yes i am running 2.0.2
image #1:
have you active demolition unit? this bug appear, when demolition unit is presented in game, (problem with non-ai setting for unit) - but when i set AI to ai_worker, then this demolition unit in AI controled civ sometimes change all land to water, so i keep this as non_ai until new ai script will be developed
(this error is only annyoning, do not broke game - this is from world builder save script)
image #2:
hmm, ok, i take look into this random name generator (because this rabdom name generator not take care about barbarians great peoples)

Mexico said:
image #1:
have you active demolition unit? this bug appear, when demolition unit is presented in game, (problem with non-ai setting for unit) - but when i set AI to ai_worker, then this demolition unit in AI controled civ sometimes change all land to water, so i keep this as non_ai until new ai script will be developed
(this error is only annyoning, do not broke game - this is from world builder save script)
image #2:
hmm, ok, i take look into this random name generator (because this rabdom name generator not take care about barbarians great peoples)

yes i do have a demolition unit . I built one just to see what this cool new unit could do
niether of these are game breakers screens just click away

Well, this is the second mod I have downloaded that I get the white flag with any civ I play. I even installed the white flag fix when I installed the the patches for this mod. Can someone tell me in 1st grade terms how to fix this problem with the graphics for the flags? I hate to look like I am surrendering...

Thx

@Houman:
Yes, I have patch 2.0.2 installed. On the city screen, the ICBM icon doesn't require anything when the mouse arrow is on it. It's just dark, as are the units that cannot be built.

Oh i am loving the mercenary component so very much. All last night my three armies of musketeers led by experienced conquistadors laid waste to the Americans and the Chinese. Today its the polishing off of the chinese and then the Aztecs. Few can stand against this beautiful combination. Is so mobile and so efficient. Losses are very low, kills ratio is very high.

Los Tirano said:
Oh i am loving the mercenary component so very much. All last night my three armies of musketeers led by experienced conquistadors laid waste to the Americans and the Chinese. Today its the polishing off of the chinese and then the Aztecs. Few can stand against this beautiful combination. Is so mobile and so efficient. Losses are very low, kills ratio is very high.
And the peasants switched their allegiances to their new masters!:lol: :lol: :lol:

@Misterbison13 - It is a bug with the Raze City mod component. You can't raze somecities that have a population of 2 or 3. We are aware of it and working on it. Until it is fixed we give you permission to use the world builder to delete the city but keep only one eye open and no looking around. ;)

Permission? I assume everyone was slightly dastardly with the world builder? Cheating makes it less boring if you are made too powerful, but i recall one game was just pure gold when i adjusted everyones diplomacy and the map was like Europe; continuous wars and short periods of peace.

You cant go wrong if you throw in pure racial hatred. It keeps things interesting. :lol:

Los Tirano said:
I assume everyone was slightly dastardly with the world builder?

Nope it just you!!! :p

Los Tirano said:
when i adjusted everyones diplomacy and the map was like Europe; continuous wars and short periods of peace.

You cant go wrong if you throw in pure racial hatred. It keeps things interesting. :lol:

Ha! I should do that in my game. It's been far too peaceful. The only wars were agains the non-zoro, buddha loving Nap and Issy.

Or I could covert to Christianity and have everyone hate me...hmmm that might be more interesting.

Top Bottom