[MOD][WARLORDS] ViSa Modpack

TAfirehawk said:
Blake's BetterAI will eventually get in ViSa, along with MANY other things for version 3.00

Is there any sort of general estimate of when the 3.00 version might be able to get fininished and released?

I'm wanting to start a ViSa mod PBEM with some people, and I'd like to have it with all the fixes that have been talked about being in place when the Genetics Era get added in the 3.00 version.

TAfirehawk said:
Pretty weird to not get the interface at all...never seen that problem except for some people with ATI video cards.

I've seen a problem like this before but only on other mods. I never figured out what the problem is but note that I've got an NVidia card.

I have the exact same problem as An Nord Draoi and the no interface issue :(

I've tried many things such as reinstall warlords, visa , empty cache, ... nothings work.

I had no problem before patch 2.08 though ...

oh, I have an ATI X800 ... second weird things, I cant get inside my catalyst drivers panel ... maybe linked ...

HitAnyKey said:
Is there any sort of general estimate of when the 3.00 version might be able to get fininished and released?

I'm wanting to start a ViSa mod PBEM with some people, and I'd like to have it with all the fixes that have been talked about being in place when the Genetics Era get added in the 3.00 version.

Honestly, all of our RL situations have/are changing so time is becoming a lot less available....

So the only good answer I can give is that it will be at least 2 weeks and more like 4, but that estimate is a total shot in the dark :lol:

torin23 said:
I've seen a problem like this before but only on other mods. I never figured out what the problem is but note that I've got an NVidia card.

Interesting...and you are in the USA so I assume Windows and Civ are both in English so that isn't it either...very odd.

Originally posted by chipper_30

I haven't tried so I'm not 100% sure of this but I think you can do this using the WorldBuilder:
1) Go in WorldBuilder
2) Save it
3) Edit it with a text editor and add Option=GAMEOPTION_DCM_BOMBARD in the options
4) Reload it and continue your game
5) Post back to say if it worked!, I'm quite interested to know :)

It worked! It took a little bit of time for my computer to load the new world builder but the ranged bombardment works great.
Thanks for your help.

Oh and I know An Nord Draoi has been having problems with his interface...did he clear his cache? It worked for me.

TAfirehawk said:
Honestly, all of our RL situations have/are changing so time is becoming a lot less available....

So the only good answer I can give is that it will be at least 2 weeks and more like 4, but that estimate is a total shot in the dark :lol:
And I think you said you guys are definately not releasing any more updates beyond 2.1 until you come out with the 3.0?

If so, then I think I'll just start the PBEM game now using 2.1 and we'll just have to stay on that one until we finish the game. Then we could always look into playing one using 3.0.

I'm assuming it won't be possible to have both 2.1 and 3.0 versions of the mod on a computer when it does get released? So there would be no way to have a 2.1 version PBEM going while also starting up a 3.0 game?

In any case, I need to quickly finish up my 1.4 version of a single player game so I can remove that mod from my computer and install 2.1 so I can get this PBEM going. :D

HitAnyKey said:
And I think you said you guys are definately not releasing any more updates beyond 2.1 until you come out with the 3.0?

If so, then I think I'll just start the PBEM game now using 2.1 and we'll just have to stay on that one until we finish the game. Then we could always look into playing one using 3.0.

I'm assuming it won't be possible to have both 2.1 and 3.0 versions of the mod on a computer when it does get released? So there would be no way to have a 2.1 version PBEM going while also starting up a 3.0 game?

In any case, I need to quickly finish up my 1.4 version of a single player game so I can remove that mod from my computer and install 2.1 so I can get this PBEM going. :D

You bring up a couple very important things I want to clarify for everybody.

#1 - I was just thinking about putting ViSa v3.0 in the 'VISA_v3' directory and thus we could set it up to have both v2.1 and v3.0 on the same computer.

#2 - We may have some very minor bug fix patches between v2.1 and v3.0 but nothing is a definite at this point. We feel v2.1 is stable enough for people to play an extended period of time while we make a MAJOR update, v3.0

chipper_30 said:
I haven't tried so I'm not 100% sure of this but I think you can do this using the WorldBuilder:
1) Go in WorldBuilder
2) Save it
3) Edit it with a text editor and add Option=GAMEOPTION_DCM_BOMBARD in the options
4) Reload it and continue your game
5) Post back to say if it worked!, I'm quite interested to know :)

Great stuff chipper_30....I added these steps to the first post :D

TAfirehawk said:
#1 - I was just thinking about putting ViSa v3.0 in the 'VISA_v3' directory and thus we could set it up to have both v2.1 and v3.0 on the same computer.
This would be totally awesome! :goodjob:

TAfirehawk said:
#2 - We may have some very minor bug fix patches between v2.1 and v3.0 but nothing is a definite at this point. We feel v2.1 is stable enough for people to play an extended period of time while we make a MAJOR update, v3.0
Is it fairly safe to assume that these would most likely be save game compatible? Not that it makes a huge difference, since we'd just end up not being able to patch if it's not and we'd have to play on the old on until 3.0. I'm just curious here.

HitAnyKey said:
Is it fairly safe to assume that these would most likely be save game compatible? Not that it makes a huge difference, since we'd just end up not being able to patch if it's not and we'd have to play on the old on until 3.0. I'm just curious here.

Hard to tell about being save game compatible, but I see nothing reported so far that would make it urgent to update from v2.1 so my suggestion is to use v2.1 for your PBEM game.

And ViSa v3.0 will absolutely NOT be save game compatible AND we will require a full install, no patch to v3.0 because we are redoing the FPK files.

And so far it looks like this is going to be a 7-player PBEM. So this may end up being a good test of how well ViSa works in a game like that. As I don't think I've seen many people in this thread talk about using it for PBEMs.

TAfirehawk said:
Looks like you got the MAF and that save is empty, go back to earlier save game and follow the suggestions in the first post to reduce the frequency of the MAF.

Thanks alot!
The earlier save works fine.

No more hugh maps then...

The Swede said:
Thanks alot!
The earlier save works fine.

No more hugh maps then...

We just make recommendations in the first post to avoid/reduce bugs....some of which are not related to anything in ViSa.

I know you guys have turned off the Stack Attack option for the DCM in ViSa because the AI couldn't use it effectively. Did you fully remove it, or is there a way to activate it?
Basically when we start this PBEM I want to know if there will be a way to use it if we decide not to have any AI in our game.

HitAnyKey said:
I know you guys have turned off the Stack Attack option for the DCM in ViSa because the AI couldn't use it effectively. Did you fully remove it, or is there a way to activate it?
Basically when we start this PBEM I want to know if there will be a way to use it if we decide not to have any AI in our game.

It is in there but it causes crashes too....so if you can find it then good luck but we won't detail turning it on then having to deal with crashes :)

And it is almost to the point where Ranged Bombardment is not used effectively by the AI either....

Updated First Post​

I suggest everybody review all the areas as well as the Main ViSa Website's FAQ and Troubleshooting sectons.

TAfirehawk said:
Pretty weird to not get the interface at all...never seen that problem except for some people with ATI video cards.

Yeh, I have been tracking the problems they have been experiencing, but that cannot be the case since I am using an nVidia Geforce FX (no gasps of horror, please...) 5600 XT AGP 128 mB card. A bit sluggish prior to this latest update, but otherwise fine. Latest drivers, of course.

Top Bottom