[ModBuddy Extension] Vanilla Asset Browser

Please tell me if the directory and the text file were there or you had to create them.

Directory structure didn't exist. I created the text file and added the directory (identical apart from C:). The /Assets looked odd, so I tried it with '\' as well. Still no luck. Could it be that I'm the first to try 1.6 without upgrading from any previous version?

I cannot get your plugin to work either. Apparently, it installed into ModBuddy, because it shows up in the Extension Manager, but when I try to open it through the View menu, nothing happens.

I had to manually create the MatejZabsk\ExecutablePath.txt folder, because it was not created automatically, but still the assets browser will not show up. Any ideas?

Yep, all working good here.
Quick note, I had to grab the update from your profile. I can't seem to locate it on the front page again.

Sorry for being picky, but I see this mod as almost essential to get going. I know you can browse the directories, but it feels so much more like an environment having the rest of the project exposed for reference. Keep up the good work!

Quick note, I had to grab the update from your profile. I can't seem to locate it on the front page again.

Fixed, thanks for reporting.
Sorry for being picky, but I see this mod as almost essential to get going. I know you can browse the directories, but it feels so much more like an environment having the rest of the project exposed for reference. Keep up the good work!

Thanks.

Hi CommanderZ,

Either I'm blind or the download is gone ! I have 1.6 installed and the VA window is not opening so I need 1.7 .

Thanks for the great work

So I just moved my Steam install (due to lack of space). Steam itself seems to be fine with all the new paths, but I had some headaches with the SDK. ModBuddy is now working, I think, but Vanilla Assets Browser is giving me some trouble. First, when I tried to view the vanilla assets list, it crashed ModBuddy. So, I uninstalled it and reinstalled it from a fresh download. Now it doesn't appear where it remembered to appear before, but I got to it through "other windows", but it's empty. I wasn't prompted to give it a new vanilla assets path, nor can I find a way to do so. When I had the empty list at the side of the window, I tried clicking the pin icon to mostly hide it again, and ModBuddy crashed.

Any ideas?

Even if you do the following:

1) Close the Vanilla Assets window (with the cross)
2) Close ModBuddy
3) Delete the file (you may want to search the hard drive for files with the same name, the directories can be confused, because you moved the game). It should be in current working directory of the ModBuddy (so a shortcut may affect it with the "Start in" field).
4) Start ModBuddy
5) Open the VA window through the Tools menu
5) Profit?

If this fails, I will send you a build with some debugging printouts so I can see what is wrong.

Well, that was weird.

Last thing last night, it crashed ModBuddy (as previously), ModBuddy restarted, and I didn't touch it. Just now I went to do what you suggested, and had to actually open the VanillaAssetsBrowser from the view menu, and when I did it prompted for the location again. Now it seems to be working fine.

It seems that it only noticed the path was missing once it crashed ModBuddy for the first time after deleting the path file.

Top Bottom