1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

ModCast Episode 76: "Fall Into Place"

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Creation & Customization' started by DanQ, Apr 22, 2018.

1. DanQ

DanQ Chieftain

All coming together. The seventy-sixth episode, and tenth season premiere, of ModCast entitled "Fall Into Place", is now netcasting. Lead co-host Rob "Rob (R8XFT)" Riley is joined by fellow regluar co-hosts John "Neirai" den Otter and Lee "LeeS" Shipp in this 40m32s outing.

The summary of topics is as follows:

- 06m15s | Modder's Spotlight
    The three regular panelists present give updates on their latest Civilization VI-based projects: first, "Neirai" followed by LeeS (13m18s), then "Rob (R8XFT)" (26m02s).
    - 33m03s | Miscellaneous
    What things each panelist would like to have to help them modify CivVI.

ModCast is the first spin-off of the Civ strategy-centric PolyCast; fellow sibling TurnCast focuses on Civ multiplay.

2. shaglio

shaglio The Prince of Dorkness

I disagree with making the different leaders of the same civ have the same colors is. You then create a problem if you want to play a game with both Gorgo and Pericles or both Chandragupta and Gandhi. It would be much too confusing have identical colors show up twice on the map.

3. Neirai

Neirai the Forgiven

In my defense, Civ V had spill-over code where if multiple civs had the same colors, the second civ would be given a different color, chosen from a pool of colors created specifically for this purpose. I assume (but have not tested) that Civ VI has the same feature -- if you start a multiplayer game and disable "no duplicate leaders" and put three Gorgos into the game, I suspect that they are all different colors.

Now, of course, this would increase the chance that if you're in a game with Gorgo and Pericles, you run into Pericles and you don't know who he is at a glance because Pericles usually isn't brine and pink.