ModCast Episode 76: "Fall Into Place"

DanQ

Owner, Civilized Communication
All coming together. The seventy-sixth episode, and tenth season premiere, of ModCast entitled "Fall Into Place", is now netcasting. Lead co-host Rob "Rob (R8XFT)" Riley is joined by fellow regluar co-hosts John "Neirai" den Otter and Lee "LeeS" Shipp in this 40m32s outing.

The summary of topics is as follows:

- 06m15s | Modder's Spotlight
The three regular panelists present give updates on their latest Civilization VI-based projects: first, "Neirai" followed by LeeS (13m18s), then "Rob (R8XFT)" (26m02s).
- 33m03s | Miscellaneous
What things each panelist would like to have to help them modify CivVI.

ModCast is the first spin-off of the Civ strategy-centric PolyCast; fellow sibling TurnCast focuses on Civ multiplay.

I disagree with making the different leaders of the same civ have the same colors is. You then create a problem if you want to play a game with both Gorgo and Pericles or both Chandragupta and Gandhi. It would be much too confusing have identical colors show up twice on the map.

I disagree with making the different leaders of the same civ have the same colors is. You then create a problem if you want to play a game with both Gorgo and Pericles or both Chandragupta and Gandhi. It would be much too confusing have identical colors show up twice on the map.
In my defense, Civ V had spill-over code where if multiple civs had the same colors, the second civ would be given a different color, chosen from a pool of colors created specifically for this purpose. I assume (but have not tested) that Civ VI has the same feature -- if you start a multiplayer game and disable "no duplicate leaders" and put three Gorgos into the game, I suspect that they are all different colors.

Now, of course, this would increase the chance that if you're in a game with Gorgo and Pericles, you run into Pericles and you don't know who he is at a glance because Pericles usually isn't brine and pink.

Top Bottom