Modding AI for multiplayer civ 5

GrumboMumbo

Warlord
So as I understand it the AI in multiplayer civ5 is actually much worse than the AI in single player (still stupid but not terrible).

To give a quick background, myself and a couple of friends like to play civ multiplayer, but playing with 3 players doesn't really give the same civ experience so we fill the lobby with 3 AI players too. However, after many games we have found that the AI in multiplayer does not seem to do much and is generally a push over even on the highest difficulties, especially when going to war. Even when the AI is being bombarded they will just continue to spam buildings and wonders and not create any units to fight with. I did some digging and found some very old threads that had a similar issue but they don't really provide a solution.

In the last year I have created my own mod that mainly balances social policies but I am now looking for help and advice on how to modify the AI behaviour so that it is not so terrible in multiplayer games. I know that there are a few mods out there that claim to fix the AI, but I am not sure if they actually affect multiplayer games or not.

So does anyone know why the multiplayer AI is different from the single player AI? I feel like if I get to the bottom of that I may stand a chance at successfully changing it. Also, does anyone have any good ideas on how to mod the AI so they will produce more units and defend themselves when at war...

Thanks, I will take a look at that. Also it might have some code I can include in my mod :)

Top Bottom