Modding Changes in the "Fall" Patch

Gorbles

Load Balanced
Feel free to contribute.

<UnitPerks> no longer requires PediaEntry or PediaType as these are redundant entries. Previously, (I'm pretty sure) it was required in order for modified perks to appear ingame.

Them cleaning up the code is nice. I swear Database.log has a lot less errors in it now (normally relating to locale entries).

CivBEUnitPromotions has been updated with:

Code:
		<Row>
			<Type>PROMOTION_DOUBLE_DEFENSE</Type>
			<Description>TXT_KEY_PROMOTION_DOUBLE_DEFENSE</Description>
			<Help>TXT_KEY_PROMOTION_DOUBLE_DEFENSE_HELP</Help>
			<Sound>AS2D_IF_LEVELUP</Sound>
			<CannotBeChosen>true</CannotBeChosen>
			[B]<DefenseMod>100</DefenseMod>[/B]
			<PortraitIndex>0</PortraitIndex>
			<IconAtlas>PERK_ATLAS</IconAtlas>
			<PediaType>PEDIA_SHARED</PediaType>
			<PediaEntry>TXT_KEY_PROMOTION_DOUBLE_DEFENSE</PediaEntry>
		</Row>
		<Row>
			<Type>PROMOTION_MIASMA_IMMUNE</Type>
			<Description>TXT_KEY_PROMOTION_MIASMA_IMMUNE</Description>
			<Help>TXT_KEY_PROMOTION_MIASMA_IMMUNE_HELP</Help>
			<Sound>AS2D_IF_LEVELUP</Sound>
			<CannotBeChosen>true</CannotBeChosen>
			[B]<MiasmaImmune>true</MiasmaImmune>[/B]
			<PortraitIndex>7</PortraitIndex>
			<IconAtlas>PERK_ATLAS</IconAtlas>
			<PediaType>PEDIA_SHARED</PediaType>
			<PediaEntry>TXT_KEY_PROMOTION_MIASMA_IMMUNE</PediaEntry>
		</Row>
I think <DefenseMod> didn't exist by itself before - the only perk is applies to is the Double Defense perk (the new Explorer one).

Finally, we can give Miasma immunity to units! I hated it being hardcoded to Workers :)

Not sure if it's a change I implemented buring game patching or not but now my game is stalling at the DOM screen when loading my mod. Probably should try another mod and do some actual testing...

Anyways, <DefenceMod> did exist before, but didn't work at all, I tried using it as one of the first things I tried but yeah it done nothing, well I can't say that actually, I got a good education as I looked around and learnt how to work around that and boost defence anyways. :)

I'm wondering if anyone has checked to see if the Unit UI bug is fixed? Would be lovely to not have to save and reload every time I lose that little panel o' joy. :)

Edit: Ohhhh and YAY to miasma immunity, I'm sure many of us, like me will need that one. :)

Top Bottom