1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Modding Help

Discussion in 'Rhye's and Fall Modmods' started by J. pride, Mar 29, 2011.

1. J. pride

J. pride Chieftain

Can somebody help with two things: (DOC and Synthesis related)

1) Is it possible to make it impossible for an Ai to settle a certain tile. If so how? ( I already tried changing CvRhyes but to no avail).

2) Is it possible to include certain regions as core area for a civ for a certain time period? Also what kind of impact would it have on the Ai if another civ or indies were on its core area? (I want to this in an attempt to make certain civs expand more effectively- Byzantine, Persia, Mongols, Arabs and Romans)

For that matter is there any way to make the AI more likely to conquer certain territories?

Thank You! Help appreciated

2. Leoreth

Leoreth 古典部の会員 Moderator

1) CvRhyes.cpp is the right place. The AI definitely doesn't settle tiles with a value of 3 (used by Rhye to block areas).

2) The variables determining the size of the core are constants (that's why they're in Consts.py), so even if you'd modify them during the game these changes wouldn't be saved. You could of course transfer the core area variables to the dictionary in StoredData.py, but that would need massive adaptations in the rest of the code (at least I can't think of a way to circumvent that).

AI civilizations are automatically at war with independents that own cities in their core. It doesn't affect their behaviour towards the proper civs as far as I know, though. Mind that every civilization gets stability penalties for cities in their core they don't own.

You can only influence how often and on whom the AI declares war (using the warmaps in AIWars.py), but not which cities they're going after.

3. J. pride

J. pride Chieftain

Ok so whenever i change the values it wont let me save it with the same format instead it asks me to save it as.

Btw: How did you solve the problem of Arabs settling Al-Kuwait; did you also lower the values because i converted ur files in synthesis so that the Arab settlers spawn in Baghdad but they still settle in Arabia

4. Leoreth

Leoreth 古典部の会員 Moderator

It sounds like you're only changing and saving the cpp files, which isn't enough. You need to recompile the DLL after you've changed them.

The whole Arabian peninsula has settler values of 400, I've lowered that to 300 (except for important places like Oman) which seems to be sufficient to make them focus on different regions instead.

5. J. pride

J. pride Chieftain

Ive been trying to recompile the dll using this tutorial: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=405444 but it doesnt seem to be working. I just need to make minor adjustments to the settler map but the recompilation always fails.