Modding of yore VS modding nowadays (asking for help :))

I have implemented all the changes that you suggested me, revised the corrections (proper capitalization of Text, Row Tag, etc) and the mod still doesn't work :cry:

I think that the problem probably might lie at the addition of text, but I still can't pinpoint it. I have spell checked everything and followed every step noted in the modding guide to no avail, too. I just don't know why such a simple thing is not working at all. Perhaps each single element must have its own "GameData" quotation?

Another question: how do you add conditions for a yield / event / whatever to activate? Say, can you tell the game to add an extra yield to an improvement but only when it is over a certain terrain or when the city is bigger than X size or whatsoever? (ej: YieldFood=2 WHEN Terrain_Desert). Do you have to restor to Lua coding in order to add "conditionals"; or could it be done trought XML?

Enable logging (see this tutorial) and check if the logs say anything interesting. If you still can't find the error, attach the current version of the mod here (the built .civ5mod file only is sufficient), and I will check what's wrong with it.

You don't need a GameData tag for every single element - only one is sufficient for all changes you make in an entire XML file.

As for the conditions, it's not possible to add new ones using XML - it's designed as a way to enter things into the database, not for more complicated things. Some conditions are built into the database structure - for example minimum city population or number of followers for beliefs, but for things that there aren't database columns for you need to use Lua or DLL changes.

Alright, I've attached the file, let's see what's wrong with it then :S

PS: Thanks a lot for your help! :D

Attachments

• 9 New Pantheons (v 1).civ5mod
    1.3 KB · Views: 28
It works for me. Perhaps you don't activate the mod properly - have you tried to use other mods?

Mah gawd, I tried it again and it turns out I didn't activated the mod

It works! Albeit... weirdly. The name of the pantheon appears in English despite of everything else being on Spanish... and when I've tried to add a second pantheon... it didn't freaking work *sigh*

That being said, massive thanks for your everlasting patience and work at noob-guidance, PawelS :D

You're welcome :) The Spanish version doesn't work because the text key name you used for it is TXT_KEY_LAKE_BELIEF_FAIRIES_SHORT instead of TXT_KEY_BELIEF_LAKE_FAIRIES_SHORT.

As for the mod not working after adding a second pantheon, the best way to find errors is to use logs (see the link I gave you 2 my posts ago). The most useful log for XML or SQL modding is database.log - you just need to find messages that don't appear there normally, and these are usually error messages that tell you what you've done wrong. Also note that if there is something wrong in an XML file, usually the entire file fails to work.

Ok, I already got what it was. Apparently, the game loads the previous version of my mod, it doesn't detect its newer one with the implemented changes, and the "get mods" option only offers the ones that are on the Internet. So it's not that mod doesn't work, but rather that the game fails to load it O_o how can this be solved?

If you "build" the mod in ModBuddy, it should put the current version in the Mods folder (unless you set the build configuration to "Package Only").

Top Bottom