1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Modding Q&A

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Creation & Customization' started by Oni Ryuu, Feb 1, 2017.

1. r16

r16 not deity

thanks for the information . Terrain stuff is totally beyond me and ı think ı would like to have the coasts appear different in the "main" scenario ı am on and off for years ... To use seas , do ı write over the relevant thing as units in the editor are referenced Psometing_unit name , so that ı look for the lines in txt file and replace Pcoast with Psea ? ı would actually look them up but surfing in a web cafe has its limitations ...

2. Blue Monkey

Blue Monkey Archon Without Portfolio

To change the look you just replace the original graphic file ( .pcx extension). This is how people do so many different terrain sets. If you wanted to change the effect of terrain - travel speeds, etc - then you should use an editor such as Quintillus' .

3. Vuldacon

Vuldacon Dedicated to Excellence Supporter

r16... as Blue Monkey said in the above post, to change and test what you want, backup your files, move the Coastal Terrain to save it and make a copy of the Sea Terrain somewhere then rename it the same name as the Coastal Terrain.
    You can play around with this and change what you want by simply renaming the .pcx file and you can change those Files as you like with color, etc...... you won't lose anything in the process.

4. r16

r16 not deity

thanks for both answers , will try as soon as time is available .

5. D551

D551 Warlord

I've got a question, in a scenario I'm working on, I have a few civs that I've marked to skip their first turn in the custom player data tab, and for some strange reason it doesn't seem to be working. Only when I play as one of those civs does the first turn get skipped. And I have had some other issues with the custom player data and other tabs, "resetting" to standard defaults. Has anyone else ran into this problem?