Modern German General

very cool! yeah you could probably retexture him to be a SS guy (a german spy? or maybe the Abwehr uniform would be better)
None of the above... folks need to realize the SS was more then a concentration camp guard... there was a Waffen SS military branch which had their own combat generals... if I reskined him to the SS, I would reskin him as a Waffen SS General (they had a distinctly different uniform).

I was just thinking beyond a general unit, andmaybe having an SS unit
I still don't think you're following me... what exactly do you consider "SS"? It's a HUGE organization.

What I was referring to is an SS General... military type... there were military (Waffen) SS Generals.

When you say "maybe having an SS unit", that would be inclusive of what I'm saying, because I'm talking about an SS General (which is "SS"). If you are looking for something else, you need to be specific... "SS" means a LOT of things, but includes the Waffen-SS, and Waffen-SS generals!

The SS consists of many, MANY branches... there's the Chancellery guard... the Waffen SS, the concentration camp guards, and a lot of other stuff... you can't just say "I want SS" and expect everyone to know exactly what you're looking for.

We already have a handful of "Waffen SS" military troops (ie: SS Infantry units) made for Civ4... personally, I use Bernie's which is the most accurate... we do, however, lack a Waffen SS general. ;)

I had an Imperial and Nazi Germany course in my undergrad (fun class) so I know the SS is big, Himmler's state within a state. If the unit is done in black it would make a good standard black uniform SS. not the death camp guys, not the waffen-SS. Where would a black uniform SS police types fit in? I'm thinking it could act as a spy - but then I was thinking an abwehr uniform would be better but harder to distinguish from your general.

It seems you're looking for a German spy...

The Abwehr was of course, the spy organization... but they didn't exactly go house to house in a big black uniform.

Perhaps what you should think of (if you want a wartime German "spy" unit), might rather be a Gestapo unit?!?! Trench coat and all... a division of the SS, but more often seen dressed more casually when in "work mode".

"Your papers please"

You could base it on Major Arnold Toht

"Your fire is dying, here. So.... what shall we talk about?"

Any chance you guys might come up with a British General (Montgomery of course, or I would prefer Dowding for my air mod)??

Great unit by the way. Thanks!
Actually Monty is on my "to-do" list... I'll be making him with his silly little beret and everything.

Top Bottom