Modern Infantry Collection

There are some guys here who redo units already made. Maybe one of them could change the hat and camoflage color on the Soviet to make him look modern Russian. :mischief:

Sandris and me have been told already - modern Russian units will be followed sooner or later; problem only in the many actual Sandris' projests, but...

I know the Russian infantry is more of a Cold War unit than a "today" unit. I guess modern is a relative term, considering that Civ III is an epic game. I do plan on making another Russian in the future, whcih will have a more modern flavor.

...but it is not improbable that You will be first here. :D If You will need some actual info about Russian (and not only Russian ;)) military history of last century, I will be glad to help You as possible. :)

So WHAT if the new rooskie isn't the same technological era as his other 'modern' soldiers? It fills a niche.

Not only that, it IS a nice-looking unit. Superb craftmanship on part of NavyDawg. :thumbsup:

I know the Russian infantry is more of a Cold War unit than a "today" unit. I guess modern is a relative term, considering that Civ III is an epic game. I do plan on making another Russian in the future, whcih will have a more modern flavor.

Personally I like the one you made. It can be used for a longer period of time. Of course if you plan to make an additional unit that is fine also.

Moderator Action: Warnings to Wyrmshadow, The Tuna Bomber and Iron Beagle for flaming each other. And posts deleted.

If you think someone's flamed you, report the post. If you flame them back you'll get a warning too no matter how aggravating the original provocation was.

Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

Hi Navy Dawg, from one Poser expert to a future aspiring one (I just ordered Poser 7 yesterday and should arrive in a week or so), are you using Michael 3 for your units? They certainly don't look like the Paper Doll figure. :)

All the units in this thread have been made with Michael 3. I have also used the Paperdoll, Apollo, and Poser people for other units. Different figures have their strengths and weaknesses. I suggest you start with making a few Paperdoll units, and branch out from there, if you want. Good luck, and don't forget to ask questions here when you need help.

All the units in this thread have been made with Michael 3. I have also used the Paperdoll, Apollo, and Poser people for other units. Different figures have their strengths and weaknesses. I suggest you start with making a few Paperdoll units, and branch out from there, if you want. Good luck, and don't forget to ask questions here when you need help.

Many thanks. I will definitely be asking questions, although I have already downloaded the Poser tutorial and have looked through it a little. I'm basically counting the minutes until the software arrives. I think it should be fun to create human units. :)

I hate to go off-topic but Gary why didn't you purchase the downloadable version of Poser?
ND have you been using M3 because their is so much more clothing available?

I hate to go off-topic but Gary why didn't you purchase the downloadable version of Poser?

I'm not a big fan of downloads. If it's something expensive like Poser, then I like to have the physical disk available to reinstall whenever I may need, etc. I'm a little old fashioned in that sense. I like to have something tangible to put my hands on.

I'm not a big fan of downloads. If it's something expensive like Poser, then I like to have the physical disk available to reinstall whenever I may need, etc. I'm a little old fashioned in that sense. I like to have something tangible to put my hands on.

And most wise that it! If everything were to go down the crapper, you at least know you could always re-install Poser again without having to pay for ANOTHER download session. I don't pay for downloads, ever (at least, as Gary stated, when it's something as big as Poser)!

I certainly do have a sizeable library of clothing, etc... for M3. He also has more body parts (especially in the arms, like his collars), which makes it easier for me to animate a wider range of motions. Overall, it's just a preference thing, although I do like PDM.

Many thanks. I will definitely be asking questions, although I have already downloaded the Poser tutorial and have looked through it a little. I'm basically counting the minutes until the software arrives. I think it should be fun to create human units. :)

Are you talking about the tutorial by Utahjazz? I strongly recommend following this step by step for your first unit.

@ SoG, sorry, my to-do list is too long right now to add anything new.

And most wise that it! If everything were to go down the crapper, you at least know you could always re-install Poser again without having to pay for ANOTHER download session. I don't pay for downloads, ever (at least, as Gary stated, when it's something as big as Poser)!

Interesting I purchased Adobe Creative Suite 3 as a download and I'm sure it cost close to 10 times what poser costs. Several weeks after downloading I received the DVD in the mail from adobe.

Interesting I purchased Adobe Creative Suite 3 as a download and I'm sure it cost close to 10 times what poser costs. Several weeks after downloading I received the DVD in the mail from adobe.

That's a different matter, since you did, regardless of the download, recieve the software in a physical format. What I was referring to was only buying a download as such, nothing else.

Actually it is not I purchased it as a download item. I was surprised I received a DVD copy also I was only expecting the written documentation. Although if you purchase software as a download that does not also include a hard copy there is no law stating you cannot "burn" the downloaded software onto CD or DVD as a back-up.

Are you talking about the tutorial by Utahjazz? I strongly recommend following this step by step for your first unit.

I plan on doing a paper doll unit using Utahjazz's tutorial to start off with, but I think I like the idea of using poser figures for units after that. There's a lot more clothing out there for them and I think your units do look very sharp.

@ SOG: Once I get settled into Poser my plans are to focus almost entirely on World War II era foot units. Do you have a picture of some Peruvian infantry you can post in the Creation and Customization forum so that I won't be hijacking ND's thread?

Top Bottom