Modern Infantry Collection

Ask the right person, and we need more sword units, all the modern infantry lines are filled.

Ask another and you here the opposite.

Guys - can we agree that people have competing desires and be done with it? I'll make what I can to fill several unit lines, but I can only do so much with limited time, etc...

I thank you for what you can do in the time you have ND...

Steph: would you rather have 3 russians, 3 English, 3 German, and NO other units? Or 1-2 of each, so that they can be spread out?? all Im saying is that there are fillers for the "white skinned" units...there arent even fillers for modern Argentina(South America), or "fictional" Native America...

Steph: would you rather have 3 russians, 3 English, 3 German, and NO other units? Or 1-2 of each, so that they can be spread out?? all Im saying is that there are fillers for the "white skinned" units...there arent even fillers for modern Argentina(South America), or "fictional" Native America...
For mdern units, I'd rather have 5 Americans, 5 Russians, 5 Germans, 5 French, 5 Spanish, 5 Italians, 5 Scandinavians, 5 Greeks, 5 British, 5 Turkish, 5 Egyptians, 5 North Africans, 5 Black Africans, 5 Mexicans, 5 South Americans, 5 Arabians, 5 Iraqis, 5 Iranians, 5 Chinese, 5 Japanese, and 5 Indians.

I need infantry, paratrooper, marines, special forces and guerilla for each of these civ :p.

And I'd need the same for WWII units. Before that, infantry is enough for each civ, I don't have marines or paratrooper back then!

But well, if they are not available, I'll do with generic units...

Of course, I'd be happy if someone like NavyDawg is making all of them, but I don't demand anything. I just take what becomes available and happily update my mod.

So if he makes Russians, I'm happy. If he makes South Americans, I'm happy.

If he makes nothing, I'm happy to know NavyDawg has a social life and is not stuck to stay alone in front of his computer doing units to waste time.

The point is despite years of unit makings, there are still MANY gaps. Everything done can be used. Except for Wyrmshadows extensive coverage of some countries modern aviations and WWII hardware, we can hardly say that a country or a period is "finished".

We need more modern infantry, more ancient infantry, more industrials / gunpowder. We need more tanks, more aircracts... more ships, more helicopters... more anything.

But above all... We need more time to finish the damned mod!

And we also need the source code to make it work properly :(

NavyDawg, make whatever units suit your fancy. You can't be beholden to everyone else's desires. So if one day you get the Russian itch, scratch it. Otherwise, not. :)

Guys - can we agree that people have competing desires and be done with it? I'll make what I can to fill several unit lines, but I can only do so much with limited time, etc...

Of course we can agree, but in our hearts, we all know we're right.

That would be fine with me. That's why I suggested NavyDawg includes a paradrop animation.

So then we can just edit the existing units, make some variation.

I don't mind if the modern paratrooper, marines and infantry look similar and have the animations. I'd just like a minor variation to be able to tell them appart, and some color can be enough.

For the French, the color of the beret is the only difference.

As for the Russian infantry units of the Soviet/WW2 Period I`m working on it with my colleague Usteros who is an expert in military history and stuff like that, so during a month (Jan-Feb) we hope to post 3-5 WW2/Modern Russian infantry units (riflemen, gunners, paratroopers etc.).

What about the other civs` WW2/modern units they also will be made a little bit later.

What about the other civs` WW2/modern units they also will be made a little bit later.

@Sandris: I hope you know this will be awful lots of work... mean people like me will request per civilization: 1 WW2 Infantry, 1 WW2 Marine, 1 WW2 MG, 1 WW2 AT... :lol:
Seriously, I'll be happy about any new infantry unit of Navy's or your quality standards! :goodjob:

NavyDawg, Your creation looks brilliant and timely; any plans about Russian Infantry of XX c. we now discuss with Sandris. But it is NOT modern Russian Infantry. This appearance more conform to Soviet Soldier 1950-80th. Khaki camo meets rarely and rarely now, field cap named pilotka disappered completely. Image of real Modern Russian soldier (for example, Chechen war times) looks very, very like Your American Soldier, but with Russian weapon, of course. :)

Great additions, there! Of course, I LOVE that Marine! Semper Fi! :D

Top Bottom