Modern Infantry Collection

Don't worry 'aboot' the joke! You actually reminded me of this ;)
Thanks for considering a Canadian unit!!

I think RedAlert deserves a Canadian Infantry just for posting this. But seriously, great units NavyDawg, as always. Looking forward to seeing more of your work.

Probably the wrong place for it, but since you're on modern units it might be applicable:

Any chance of Spec Ops soldiers? Like S.E.A.L.s, Green Berets, Rangers, Delta Force, S.A.S., and I'm now drawing a blank on anymore :(

Also OT, were you in the military NavyDawg?

Probably the wrong place for it, but since you're on modern units it might be applicable:

Any chance of Spec Ops soldiers? Like S.E.A.L.s, Green Berets, Rangers, Delta Force, S.A.S., and I'm now drawing a blank on anymore :(

Also OT, were you in the military NavyDawg?

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?p=5685430#post5685430 :D He's already ahead of you mate!

These guys are wonderful, I have to say again!

And is there chance of a genericish infantryman armed with a H&KG3? It could be used for any ammount of countries Infantrymen http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heckler_&_Koch_G3#Users

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?p=5685430#post5685430 :D He's already ahead of you mate!

These guys are wonderful, I have to say again!

And is there chance of a genericish infantryman armed with a H&KG3? It could be used for any ammount of countries Infantrymen http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heckler_&_Koch_G3#Users

Thanks Quinzy (and NavyDawg)! Fills the Delta Force bracket. The one I'm really interested in is the Green Beret. Though this could pass for one of those too, I was looking more for one resembling the guy from the Commandos game series. Though technically not a Green Beret, he would be fitting, and would probably fit into Escape from Zombie Island pretty well too. More of a 'Nam era Green Beret.

I'm going to go and smack my skull against the brick wall for missing that one... :wallbash:

I wouldnt mind seeing a Green Beret (specifically...not just a guy in a green beret)...

My Dad was a green Beret...wore this little beauty:

I have released a beret (in green) with a very similar logo. I doubt it will be visibile at civ scale, but if it is used you at least would know it is there.

Did you release these units? Where??
I release the aussie with the slouch hat. The others, I have not (at least not yet). But, I have released a fair bit of the bits and pieces (including all the pictured hats, some of the clothing, some weapons and other props).

Yes, I have all of those items you've made Bjorn, thanks again. BTW, if you make a SE Asia pointed hat, I can do an NVA infantry...

@ Spacer, I'll see about making a Green Beret. Unfortunately, the patch wouldn't show up at civ scale. You should make a tech icon out of it.

@ Tank Guy, I'm in the Navy, so in answer to your question if I'm in the military, I'd have to say sort of - not as much as a Marine, but more that an Air Force Guy.;)

Yes, I have all of those items you've made Bjorn, thanks again. BTW, if you make a SE Asia pointed hat, I can do an NVA infantry...

Would this one do?

I thought I released this already, but I can not find it in my props thread.

ND: At civ scale, it would be a yellowish dot at best...but like Bjorlo said...I would know :) and it would show in the pedia Icon :)

I would make a Tech out of the patch, but not sure what tech it would be for..."Vietnam special Forces"?

Is it possible to see out of that thing? The brim seems exceedingly low, but maybe the guy is just dropping his chin at the moment or something...

Is it possible to see out of that thing? The brim seems exceedingly low, but maybe the guy is just dropping his chin at the moment or something...

I modeled it from a photo of a VC. How well he could see, I don't know. Given how much trouble they caused the US forces in Vietnam, I guess he could see passibly well. Perhaps it was low to keep the sun and glare out. Not having worn one of these, I really do not know.

NavyDawg, Doh! I will gather up the stuff (3d object, texture and so on) and release the prop very soon.

Awesome units NavyDawg!! I love contemporary human units. Wyrmshadow and others have done a great job of bringing us most of the mechanical units of the 20th century. It's always nice to see a few more human units out there as well.

Thanks NavyDawg! :goodjob:

EDIT: spelling

Top Bottom