Modern Infantry Collection

But does yours have the upgraded bell??

Or the gravity-manipulating hover tracks disguised as average, every-day bicycle tires...or the super-lightweight, metal-alloy, armor defensive system linked up to laser scanners...or the hypnotizing beam-ray gun made to look like a casual bike basket??? :scan:

And to think such a weapon of mass destruction blends in with our everyday lives!

---

By the way, I was wondering if you had considered this NavyDawg:

I have a personal request to improve the uniform of the German Bundeswehr soldier, since the color seems to be something resembling another uniform more than the actual flecktarn coloring prevalent in our uniforms. Something better resembling this would be greatly appreciated:

Spoiler :

If you don't want to waste your time, I'll fully understand and you should tell me to shut up. Thing is that it had been a request of mine for a long time (check the unit request thread) for someone to make a Bundeswehr soldier with an accurate flecktarn uniform. Would be even more cool if you could also make the small German flag insignia on the shoulder (if that's possible). For a variant on the first, you could also take Bjornlo's green beret, simply recolor it red and give that to the German Bundeswher soldier. I hope I don't come off as a pest...

If you were to accept this personal request, you would be my hero! :blush:

And to try and and convince you, I'll even boast to everyone about the Navy's superiority over other military factions...no, really, I will!

Also, since you're apparently planning on making a pack of desert camo units, I have provided some pictures of German soldiers active in Afghanistan as reference for you. I hope they can help (if you're planning on making a German desert camo unit, that is).

Spoiler :

And always remember everyone: Navy > than Marines, Army, and Air Force combined ;)

...I was just wondering if you'd be willing to do this at all or not?

I think we may have overwhelmed the poor guy...

No, I'm not overwhelmed.:lol: I have been busy making units for my next and last expansion for Space Opera - lots of Spaceships and fighters, etc... I'll get back to this unit pack when I can. I have made a Canadian and will be making more.

@ Gen. Rommel, I'm not quite sure what you want for the German uniform. I used a swatch of Flecktarn camo for the material. If you want a unit at civ scale to look like a person wearing the uniform in RL, it ain't gonna happen. I don't think I'll be redoing that one.

@ Gen. Rommel, I'm not quite sure what you want for the German uniform. I used a swatch of Flecktarn camo for the material. If you want a unit at civ scale to look like a person wearing the uniform in RL, it ain't gonna happen. I don't think I'll be redoing that one.

Sorry for being a pest, but what I meant was this. Wyrm was able to get the camo to look exactly like the flecktarn's composition. Basically, this is what an ideal flecktarn would look like. If you compare it to the current camo you have on the German soldier, you'll notice that it's too light. I'm not trying to waste your time, but I personally think there's room for improvement, at least in terms of the camo. ;)

Sorry for being a pest, but what I meant was this. Wyrm was able to get the camo to look exactly like the flecktarn's composition. Basically, this is what an ideal flecktarn would look like. If you compare it to the current camo you have on the German soldier, you'll notice that it's too light. I'm not trying to waste your time, but I personally think there's room for improvement, at least in terms of the camo. ;)

Yeah... that was a pain to do. Actually it's SS camo.

Attachments

• ss-camo.jpg
    ss-camo.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 195
I could tell it was SS camo from the civpedia pic, but there's no question that the Flecktarn pattern is influenced by the SS spotted patterns. In the first instance, flecktarn has smaller spots. I imagine the best way to make the unit look 'flecktarny' at civ-scale would be to make that pattern significantly larger, kind of like how CamJH & Plotinus make scale armour (oversized, so it's noticable at civscale).

Navydawg, if you do not mind, may I have your permission to modify your British Modern Infantry, and add the L86A1 - SA-80 Light Support Weapon?

Hi Spacer One, I would love to have those camo paterns! They look great. Someday I hope to get Poser and work on human oonits but in the meantime I may be able to incorporate the camo in some of the other models I'm making. :)

YOOOOO HOOOOOO. MR NavyDAWG. Look what I got especially for you.

Send me an email I can send it to and you got it.
A proper XM8 or FAL is still unavailable.
I've also got excelent M60 and Dragunov sniper rifle models.

Top Bottom