Modern Warfare MOD

i have a problem :
if i make every civ start on future era so all modern era technology is discover
in the first turn i can get mechanise infantery wich makes imposible to play WW2
or at lease with the same units with any advantage
my solution is get the unit in another tech (can you tell me how)thank you

WW2 is the industrial era if I am not mistaken.

Leader of mod! How long until next patch since the CiV V update has been released?

WW2 is the industrial era if I am not mistaken.

Leader of mod! How long until next patch since the CiV V update has been released?

tuesday next week if everything is fine...:D

EDIT: Bad news. I looked into it this morning. Boah, all unique units now appears as spearman. Nearly all art changes are messed up. **** FIRAXIS.

-nudden

Question:
Right now units can not cross mountains or build roads over them, is this correct?
Is there a way to allow roads/railroad to be built over/through mountains with completion of Dynamite? That is what it was used for after all.
Thanks
Gallus

Question:
Right now units can not cross mountains or build roads over them, is this correct?
Is there a way to allow roads/railroad to be built over/through mountains with completion of Dynamite? That is what it was used for after all.
Thanks
Gallus

yes, i think its possible via .xml. But i dont think that this is good idea because in my opinion impassable mountains are good addition to tactical warfare. And on the other hand there are some units which can pass mountains (i.e. helicopters). In future version of this mod there will be more units with this ability (if firaxis will patch this game soon to a playable game:mad:)

-nudden

Have you added any form of slowing down tech progression? Or maybe something to where everyone is sorta in the same era most of the time?

Hello,

Are there meant to be no city states in Western Europe? I have started playing the game as Germany and there are no city states so far, I have explored all of Eurasia. What gives?

Thanks. Great work so far.

When are units from post #45 going to appear? I feel like v4 is missing a lot. And where are the city states. The version of my map says v1, but the download mod is v4. What is going on? :)

Hello,

Are there meant to be no city states in Western Europe? I have started playing the game as Germany and there are no city states so far, I have explored all of Eurasia. What gives?

this map is not meant to be a scenario. not yet. v 1 means what it means: very early version with a lot of missing things to do.

When are units from post #45 going to appear? I feel like v4 is missing a lot. And where are the city states. The version of my map says v1, but the download mod is v4.

you are right. v 4 is missing a lot. these units will appear in v 5. v 5 will appear when the game is patched again.

What is going on? :)

Please ask this FIRAXIS. After the new Patch modding is more pain than fun. so i'll have to wait until the game is patched again:sad:

-nudden

I do hope you continue it is a great MOD...
Suggestions for additions once you start again:
Frigate not upgrade to Ship of the Line but allow both with one more powerful and expensive than the other. Upgrade the Caravel to Sloop (if model available)

Frigate to Destroyer to Aegis Destroyer (if available model)
Ship-of-the-Line to Early Battleship (if model available) to Battleship (Obsolete) replaced by (not upgraded to) Aegis Cruiser
Caravel to Sloop to Guide Missile Frigate
I'd also love to see Modern Infantry remain and Mech Infantry be a separate unit, hate seeing foot soldiers go away.

Anti-tank gun should be available at the same time as tanks not before.

I really hope you continue the Mod...
thanks
GQ

Would you you be interested in adding the City-State Diplo mod or part of it to your mod?

I am tired of giving the City-States my gold...

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=392543

i thought about adding that mod too! but on the other hand i really hope that firaxis will fix all bugs soon and then release the last part of the sdk. when this will happen there will appear some great and more complex additions to the city states and the interaction with them. i'll promise ;);)

I do hope you continue it is a great MOD...
Suggestions for additions once you start again:
Frigate not upgrade to Ship of the Line but allow both with one more powerful and expensive than the other. Upgrade the Caravel to Sloop (if model available)

Frigate to Destroyer to Aegis Destroyer (if available model)
Ship-of-the-Line to Early Battleship (if model available) to Battleship (Obsolete) replaced by (not upgraded to) Aegis Cruiser
Caravel to Sloop to Guide Missile Frigate
I'd also love to see Modern Infantry remain and Mech Infantry be a separate unit, hate seeing foot soldiers go away.

Anti-tank gun should be available at the same time as tanks not before.

I really hope you continue the Mod...
thanks
GQ

thx a lot for your suggestions. i never had in mind to stop my project. it'll just take a little longer i think because the game is in bad conditions at the moment. hope that the leave of jon shafer have some positive effect. i'll wait and see.
sorry that there are no updates at the moment but i dont want to release crap which is full of bugs. hope you guys understand that.

-nudden

I am not sure what the "US Continental's" advantage over a regular rifleman is, but that would mean that the US has better riflemen (18th/19th century infantry) than, say, France? :S
Think about it. That would mean that the US Revolutionary Army was better than Napoleon's Grande Armee!

I'd recommend the B-17 for the US.

I am not sure what the "US Continental's" advantage over a regular rifleman is, but that would mean that the US has better riflemen (18th/19th century infantry) than, say, France? :S
Think about it. That would mean that the US Revolutionary Army was better than Napoleon's Grande Armee!

I'd recommend the B-17 for the US.

note that this mod is a work in progress. if there are graphics for a napoleonic era rifleman france will get its unique rifleman too.....

-nudden

Top Bottom