Modern Warfare MOD

hi, i'm still playing CIV4 and i downloaded the mod and it's really great.
the game is what i have expected so much. thanx for you guys.

everything is great except a problem, i have a trouble on the bug screen
it says "BugOptions- Cannot locate setting folder"

what should i do?

hi, i'm still playing CIV4 and i downloaded the mod and it's really great.
the game is what i have expected so much. thanx for you guys.

everything is great except a problem, i have a trouble on the bug screen
it says "BugOptions- Cannot locate setting folder"

what should i do?

do you mean my mod for civ IV? it's not supported anymore sorry. my only advice i can give in this case is that you have to download and install RevDCM as well. then try again. perhaps this will solve that issue.

-nudden

ah, sounds like i have to go for civ5...
thanks a lot for your advice and thanks for your effort for the game.

Hi!

Just downloaded this mod and I must say that it is indeed a very nice one! The one problem I have is that in the tech tree there is no description for the techs that this mod adds (e.g. television or power projection etc.) It only shows the (from what I can understand) code line that refers to the text that should have been there.

Any solutions?

Thx again and well done for your effort!

p.s. lots of things to add in the future to make it perfect!

Hi!

The one problem I have is that in the tech tree there is no description for the techs that this mod adds (e.g. television or power projection etc.) It only shows the (from what I can understand) code line that refers to the text that should have been there.

Any solutions?

Thx again and well done for your effort!

I believe this is a known issue

Nudden, any chance that we can get worker colonies like in Civ III? Also what about another worker building that after built and a Unit was placed in it, it could gain culture some points to expand your borders but it is limited to 2, 3, or 4 border growths, single hexs. Like an Outpost, Paving the way for something like Set National Borders. Also, if your unit leaves the out post you will loose Culture points and loose the border growth until there is none. If your enemies take the outpost it is auto destroyed, losing all culture points and border growth.

Something else I was thinking of... what if we moved the creation of Military units out of the Cities and into Military Bases built by workers, except for scouts (early Game Only), Warriors, Militia men, Fanatics, and Partisans?

So early game you have a military colony, camp, or fort. Middle game you have Castle's and Fortress's, late game you can FOBs, and Military Bases.

Also, you can have upgrades for bases, allowing more XP or the ability to stack or base units at the installation. Air Defenses, Artillery bunkers, walls, sandbags... etc.

Which brings us to Air Bases and Naval Bases, each with there own elements and things.

Thoughts, ideas, comments or questions?

Nudden, any chance that we can get worker colonies like in Civ III? Also what about another worker building that after built and a Unit was placed in it, it could gain culture some points to expand your borders but it is limited to 2, 3, or 4 border growths, single hexs. Like an Outpost, Paving the way for something like Set National Borders. Also, if your unit leaves the out post you will loose Culture points and loose the border growth until there is none. If your enemies take the outpost it is auto destroyed, losing all culture points and border growth.

Something else I was thinking of... what if we moved the creation of Military units out of the Cities and into Military Bases built by workers, except for scouts (early Game Only), Warriors, Militia men, Fanatics, and Partisans?

So early game you have a military colony, camp, or fort. Middle game you have Castle's and Fortress's, late game you can FOBs, and Military Bases.

Also, you can have upgrades for bases, allowing more XP or the ability to stack or base units at the installation. Air Defenses, Artillery bunkers, walls, sandbags... etc.

Which brings us to Air Bases and Naval Bases, each with there own elements and things.

Thoughts, ideas, comments or questions?

for now these ideas only move on my list of possible features. the primary goal in these times are new art and some minor .xml tweaks as well as new unique stuff. and as long as the devs dont patch this crappy game i'll dont move a muscle.

-nudden

for now these ideas only move on my list of possible features. the primary goal in these times are new art and some minor .xml tweaks as well as new unique stuff. and as long as the devs dont patch this crappy game i'll dont move a muscle.

-nudden

Sorry, I haven't read through all 6 pages of this thread if you have already addressed this. I am playing as Nixon in the Modern age now and can't build any workers at all. The only workers I have are the ones provided with the opening of the scenario which is like 5 for an entire continent of cities. What the freak?

Sorry, I haven't read through all 6 pages of this thread if you have already addressed this. I am playing as Nixon in the Modern age now and can't build any workers at all. The only workers I have are the ones provided with the opening of the scenario which is like 5 for an entire continent of cities. What the freak?

yes this issue is already addressed. in this version you are only allowed to build 6 worker at the same time. this was a test because of the worker spamming of the AI on huge maps and in the later game. these workers slowed heavily down the gameplay. nevertheless, it will be removed in future versions :) ...

-nudden

New version is available for download. If you wanna see the new static leaderheads please follow the instructions under "NOTE" at post #1. for a list of changes please see changelog at post #2.

feel free to comment.

*EDIT* Downloadlink at post #1. NOT available through the modhub! (Cant upload it for some reason :()

-nudden

good mod plays no problem. but once you save the game it wont let you load it again you just get a runtime error. i have no problem loading other mods witch is a shame cos i like this mod

is it meant to be played as a scenario cos that big map wont work for me. so i was setting it up as a normal game. that might be why i was getting the runtime error when trying to load the saved game. but yeah that big map thats with it doesnt work

ok mate Ive made myself a mod out of this mod on modbuddy its called Modern Leaders mod. the files i have left out are NuDDen_TextInfos_Misc NuDDen_TextInfos_Units Terrain folder Units folder Map folder and GlobalDefines. but i'm sure the problem is with the units. the mod i made loads in ok and works with other mods. i haven't changed anything just used the files that were there apart from them Ive stated. so that should narrow it down a bit for you

Top Bottom