Modern World: Present Day mod in progress

World
Europe
America
Asia
Africa
WHAT ELSE???

I could make a 'What if' about Scotland leaving the UK? What are other people thoughts.

I always find it annoying when I'm playing that when I build a village its full of skyscrapers! I don't know how this is in other countries-but certainly in England they are mostly thatched cottages (PLEASE don't use the British Stereotype of us all being in the 1800's spouting medeival words in country manors with 20 hectres and 50 servants. We're not all posh (although I am :)))! Only the largest cities have skyscrapers. So, how can I make it so that villages and hamlets use ancient city art and towns use medieval ones? If I can do that-is it possible so that when you build cities with, say, 1-5 its ancient, 6-10 its medieval and 11+ is modern? I might also use that for my other mods.

Check it again, all these units are set to NONE. So barbarians are blocked from building them. I guess for balance reasons :dunno:.

I always find it annoying when I'm playing that when I build a village its full of skyscrapers! I don't know how this is in other countries-but certainly in England they are mostly thatched cottages (PLEASE don't use the British Stereotype of us all being in the 1800's spouting medeival words in country manors with 20 hectres and 50 servants. We're not all posh (although I am :)))! Only the largest cities have skyscrapers. So, how can I make it so that villages and hamlets use ancient city art and towns use medieval ones?

That is possible, I think, but will be totally ugly.
The era dependent art for the improvements is defined in Buildings\PlotLSystem.xml, and there you could also change which art is used for which improvement, but check the file...that file is uber ugly :yuck:.

Just to a look- AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!. I'm going to try to do it but still... I'm trying to make sense of it but, as already said: AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! :eek::crazyeye::confused:

Right, OK, heres an example of one bit:
Code:
<ArtRef Name="art:building">
			<Attribute Class="Era">ERA_ANCIENT,ERA_CLASSICAL</Attribute>
			<Attribute Class="ArtStyle">ARTSTYLE_EUROPEAN,ARTSTYLE_SOUTH_AMERICA,ARTSTYLE_MIDDLE_EAST,ARTSTYLE_BARBARIAN</Attribute>
			<Attribute Class="Scalar">NIF:Art/Structures/Cities/an_eu.nif::1x1_01</Attribute>
			<Attribute Class="Improvement">IMPROVEMENT_COTTAGE,IMPROVEMENT_HAMLET,IMPROVEMENT_VILLAGE,IMPROVEMENT_TOWN</Attribute>
			<Attribute Class="Scalar">szForceContourNode:BUILDING</Attribute>
			<Attribute Class="Scalar">szBatchGroup:buildings_an_eu</Attribute>
			<Scale>0.35</Scale>
		</ArtRef>
would I have to copy it and make one for Cottage/Hamlet and one for town for each original entry. Would it work?

Check it again, all these units are set to NONE. So barbarians are blocked from building them. I guess for balance reasons :dunno:.

Oh, OK. If you put a unitclass with unit set to zero in any entry then it means that civ can't build it? That could mean instead of Settlers requiring the settler tech I can put settler unitclass and unit (none) instead of doing disable tech? I used to think it meant it made all civs be able to use it, not vice-versa! Thanks!

Right, OK, heres an example of one bit:
Code:
<ArtRef Name="art:building">
			<Attribute Class="Era">ERA_ANCIENT,ERA_CLASSICAL</Attribute>
			<Attribute Class="ArtStyle">ARTSTYLE_EUROPEAN,ARTSTYLE_SOUTH_AMERICA,ARTSTYLE_MIDDLE_EAST,ARTSTYLE_BARBARIAN</Attribute>
			<Attribute Class="Scalar">NIF:Art/Structures/Cities/an_eu.nif::1x1_01</Attribute>
			<Attribute Class="Improvement">IMPROVEMENT_COTTAGE,IMPROVEMENT_HAMLET,IMPROVEMENT_VILLAGE,IMPROVEMENT_TOWN</Attribute>
			<Attribute Class="Scalar">szForceContourNode:BUILDING</Attribute>
			<Attribute Class="Scalar">szBatchGroup:buildings_an_eu</Attribute>
			<Scale>0.35</Scale>
		</ArtRef>
would I have to copy it and make one for Cottage/Hamlet and one for town for each original entry. Would it work?

Yeah, that would work.
But don't forget: There's a ton of entries like that, so it will be quite some work :/.

Oh, OK. If you put a unitclass with unit set to zero in any entry then it means that civ can't build it? That could mean instead of Settlers requiring the settler tech I can put settler unitclass and unit (none) instead of doing disable tech? I used to think it meant it made all civs be able to use it, not vice-versa! Thanks!

:yup:

OK- I'm just taking a quick break from MW. I just want to know what file in RTW makes people declare war. Sorry, this is a bit offtopic but never mind, it's christmas :). It's just for one question. I found this:
Code:
        def EJul2_1940(self):
                # USSR DOW Baltic
                popup = PyPopup.PyPopup(-1)
                szTitle = localText.getText("TXT_KEY_WW2_EJUL2_1940_TITLE", ())
                szText = localText.getText("TXT_KEY_WW2_EJUL2_1940_TEXT", ())
                popup.setHeaderString(szTitle)
                popup.addSeparator()
                popup.setBodyString(szText)
                popup.launch()
                self.pUSSRTeam.declareWar(self.pBalticID, false, WarPlanTypes.WARPLAN_TOTAL)
How do I make it include other nations. I'm replacing Baltic States wirh Latvia Estonia and Lithiana. I'm guessing I need to specify them as pBalticID? If so, how?

Lots of work-my favourite(!) :sad: I thought XML was meant to make programming easy! :lol:

Easy yes, but nobody said it will be less work ;).

OK- I'm just taking a quick break from MW. I just want to know what file in RTW makes people declare war. Sorry, this is a bit offtopic but never mind, it's christmas :). It's just for one question. I found this:
Code:
        def EJul2_1940(self):
                # USSR DOW Baltic
                popup = PyPopup.PyPopup(-1)
                szTitle = localText.getText("TXT_KEY_WW2_EJUL2_1940_TITLE", ())
                szText = localText.getText("TXT_KEY_WW2_EJUL2_1940_TEXT", ())
                popup.setHeaderString(szTitle)
                popup.addSeparator()
                popup.setBodyString(szText)
                popup.launch()
                self.pUSSRTeam.declareWar(self.pBalticID, false, WarPlanTypes.WARPLAN_TOTAL)
How do I make it include other nations. I'm replacing Baltic States wirh Latvia Estonia and Lithiana. I'm guessing I need to specify them as pBalticID? If so, how?

Does this maybe help ;)?

OK-Thanks. Shall I just delete that file then otherwise it will say: XXXX -USSR IS AT WAR WITH BALTIC STATES. Then another popup will say XXXXXX- -USSR Is at war with x,x,x

Ok, in building infos, where it says FreePromotion the modwiki describes it:
Allows building to give listed promotion to all units built in that city, like Red Cross and Medic I.

Does it mean ALL or just ones that can recieve it(Such as if it can only be given to certain Unitcombats will they all still get it even if they aren't the required unitcombat?

I'm now using your (the J's) Spawn Units. I'm going to use it so when a war is declared (via war n peace) a few goes later it might also make some other civs declare war and say 'A UN peacekeeping force has been deployed!' (Or should it be 'An UN'? It should be but somehow 'A' sounds better:confused:,never mind :)) and will make peacekeepers from those countries spawn. Good idea?

However, I already have War N Peace and the event manager file overlaps-i'll try to merge them if possible. Does it have to be titled that or can I call it Warnpeaceventmanager and Spawnuniteventmanager?

I'm busy in the next days (at least today and tomorrow). Remind me afterwards again.
WarNPeace too?

OK-Thanks. Shall I just delete that file then otherwise it will say: XXXX -USSR IS AT WAR WITH BALTIC STATES. Then another popup will say XXXXXX- -USSR Is at war with x,x,x

Yes, please use only one.

Ok, in building infos, where it says FreePromotion the modwiki describes it:

Does it mean ALL or just ones that can recieve it(Such as if it can only be given to certain Unitcombats will they all still get it even if they aren't the required unitcombat?

Why not just test it ;)?
(-> I have no idea :blush:)

I'm now using your (the J's) Spawn Units. I'm going to use it so when a war is declared (via war n peace) a few goes later it might also make some other civs declare war and say 'A UN peacekeeping force has been deployed!' (Or should it be 'An UN'? It should be but somehow 'A' sounds better:confused:,never mind :)) and will make peacekeepers from those countries spawn. Good idea?

In general a good idea, but I'm not sure if I want to change the display ^^.

:)Erm, can you help me merge the python please. Sorry- I didn't see what you put about reminding you in a day or two. Will do/thanks :). And yes, Warnpeace please

(P.S: Is it just me or is this no longer a thread with lots of people but now just a two way conversation :lol:!?)

Let me chime in :) What do you think about Earth 2010 Mod/Scenario?

Top Bottom