Modern World: Present Day mod in progress

Hello, I'm back again :). Just wondering-if someone is a vassal of someone else and then, through war n peace, they declare war on thier master will it still work?

Ok, Just wondering. Is it possible to change civinfos from:
Code:
			<DerivativeCiv>CIVILIZATION_BYZANTINE</DerivativeCiv>
To:
Code:
		<DerivativeCivs>
				<DerivativeCiv>
					<CivType>CIVILIZATION_BYZANTINE</TechType>
					<bDerivativeCiv>1</bDerivativeCiv>
				</DerivativeCiv>
				<DerivativeCiv>
					<CivType>CIVILIZATION_FRANCE</TechType>
				</DerivativeCiv>
				<DerivativeCiv>
					<CivType>CIVILIZATION_ENGLAND</TechType>
				</DerivativeCiv>
			</DerivativeCivs>
?

Oh...OK:( I thought I might be a bit better. Couldn't it be done with Schema? What is Schema anyway? Is it to define what tags do?

The schema is there to tell the game how the XML should look, that it has the right order, everything at the right position.
But else it does nothing.
Adding something to the schema and to the XML files will not do anything, unless you program it into the Dll.

Sometimes it works though.
I added bGraphical tag, (which was used for terrain schema) to the building schema without doing any SDK work, but it works :D

You may find this useful when you start populating the map. I have prepared this for Earth 2010 Giant Map I am currently working on and have also created a second sheet with 1/4 the amount of units for standard sized Earth maps.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0Bwi4SsQN7UNjTHp1TlRkZXNiSms/edit
(You may need to make some adjustments for the units you actually plan on using, but it will at least give you some proportionate figures to the real world)

You may find this useful when you start populating the map. I have prepared this for Earth 2010 Giant Map I am currently working on and have also created a second sheet with 1/4 the amount of units for standard sized Earth maps.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0Bwi4SsQN7UNjTHp1TlRkZXNiSms/edit
(You may need to make some adjustments for the units you actually plan on using, but it will at least give you some proportionate figures to the real world)

Thanks- Just had a quick look and it will be really helpful-thanks.

Just wondering-I have downloaded some decal flags from the internet and it seems in some of the instead of the main image being blank and the alpha channel being the pattern sometimes the alpha channel has the pattern and the main image has an image-why and what does it do?

Sadly yes.

Just wondering-I have downloaded some decal flags from the internet and it seems in some of the instead of the main image being blank and the alpha channel being the pattern sometimes the alpha channel has the pattern and the main image has an image-why and what does it do?

Link?

Ok, I'll try it out another time. Just wondering, how do you make your own audio languages. I'm guessing in audio defines you would put something like:
Code:
		<SoundData>
			<SoundID>SND_EXAMPLE_SELECT</SoundID>
			<Filename>Sounds/Units/ExampleEmpireSelect</Filename>
			<LoadType>DYNAMIC_RES</LoadType>
			<bIsCompressed>1</bIsCompressed>
			<bInGeneric>1</bInGeneric>
		</SoundData>
		<SoundData>
			<SoundID>SND_EXAMPLE_ORDER</SoundID>
			<Filename>Sounds/Units/ExampleEmpireOrder</Filename>
		</SoundData>
And just put a couple of sound files in the 'ExamleEmpireSelect' File named appropriately, for example:
ExampleOrder-001
ExampleOrder-002
ExampleOrder-003
ExampleSelect-001
ExampleSelect-002
ExampleSelect-003
?
Presuably the game can work out its for select/orders?

Ok, I'll try it out another time. Just wondering, how do you make your own audio languages. I'm guessing in audio defines you would put something like:
Code:
		<SoundData>
			<SoundID>SND_EXAMPLE_SELECT</SoundID>
			<Filename>Sounds/Units/ExampleEmpireSelect</Filename>
		</SoundData>
		<SoundData>
			<SoundID>SND_EXAMPLE_ORDER</SoundID>
			<Filename>Sounds/Units/ExampleEmpireOrder</Filename>
		</SoundData>
And just put a couple of sound files in the 'ExamleEmpireSelect' File named appropriately, for example:

?
Presuably the game can work out its for select/orders?

Don't have Civ here, but from what I remember:
Not exactly like that. If your entry is ExampleEmpireOrder, then you need the file names to be like ExampleEmpireOrder-001, ExampleEmpireOrder-002, etc.
But I'm not sure where the rest of the XML entries has to go. You have to modify something in the CivilizationInfos.xml to make the game use these entries, but no idea what at the moment :hmm:.

Top Bottom