Modified Scenarios Workshop

Wow.. if you're back mate maybe we should release all those cool unreleased ToT conversions you gave me a while back. I'm still ages away from getting to the ToT stage of the preservation project and I feel bad that you did all this work just before you retired that the world hasn't seen cause it's just sitting dormant on my harddrive waiting for me to finish all my MGE projects and move on to ToT lol. How about I attach them all to a bunch of posts in this thread and then I can still do the planned resource pages with pictures etc on later date?

Wow.. if you're back mate maybe we should release all those cool unreleased ToT conversions you gave me a while back. I'm still ages away from getting to the ToT stage of the preservation project and I feel bad that you did all this work just before you retired that the world hasn't seen cause it's just sitting dormant on my harddrive waiting for me to finish all my MGE projects and move on to ToT lol. How about I attach them all to a bunch of posts in this thread and then I can still do the planned resource pages with pictures etc on later date?

As you prefer Blake

Alrighty guys.. here's @gapetit 's bonus collection of Test of Time conversions I've been holding on to since he retired a year or 2 ago! I'll setup proper download pages with pictures etc eventually.. but for now here they are attached to this post! There's a whopping 17 of them so I'll split this across 2 posts due to attachment limits.

Some of them have incomplete documentation so let me know if I got any of the names wrong mate. Also I fear I may have mixed in some other scenarios already released in this thread but am not sure so let me know I have and I'll remove the duplicate.

Naturally all of these have the usual quality of a Gapetit conversion with new graphics and various bug fixes. What's also cool is that some of these are lost scenarios I rescued in my preservation project and Gapetit saw them & converted them.

The Great English Civil War (1642-49) Scenario by Philipp Blanz
Carolus Gustavus Reagis (1655) Scenario by Henrik Lohmanders
Antigonos o Monophtalmos Scenario by Prometeus
The Battle of Australia Scenario by Nick ‘Case’ Dowling
Dagor Bragollach II Scenario by Academia
The Napoleonic Eagles Scenario by Markus Eklund
Empire of Thessalonike Scenario by Kyriakos Chalkopoulos
The Habsburg Bid for Mastery Scenario by Michael J. Daumen & Harlan Thompson
The Age of Numenor Scenario by Academia

Attachments

• Numenor.rar
    1.2 MB · Views: 34
  • Habsburg.rar
    1 MB · Views: 29
  • Empire of Thessalonike.rar
    976.8 KB · Views: 29
  • Eagles.rar
    1.6 MB · Views: 38
  • DAGOR BRAGOLLACH II.rar
    1.2 MB · Views: 27
  • BOAUS.rar
    956.7 KB · Views: 26
  • Antigonos.rar
    1,015.5 KB · Views: 34
  • 1655.rar
    1.6 MB · Views: 32
  • 1642-49.rar
    823.6 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
Continued...

Pitt's War at Sea Scenario by Carl Fritz
The Golden Age of the Netherlands Scenario by Allard H.S. Höfelt
The Return of the King Scenario by Favoured Flight
Sons of Heracles Scenario by Stefan Härtel
oRGys Star Wars Scenario by oRGy
Star Contact Part I: The Star Wars Scenario by Nikola Kuprešanin (sounds added by Jeelen)
The Second Reich Scenario by Michael Jeszenka
The Age of Philip II Scenario by Jesús Balsinde

Attachments

• Pittswar.rar
    1,020.7 KB · Views: 28
  • Republic.rar
    1,012 KB · Views: 35
  • rotk.rar
    2 MB · Views: 29
  • SoH13.rar
    707.7 KB · Views: 32
  • Star_Wars_RG.rar
    612.3 KB · Views: 27
  • StarWars.rar
    2.3 MB · Views: 28
  • The Second Reich.rar
    1.7 MB · Views: 35
  • Thunder.rar
    1.3 MB · Views: 37
Star Contact Part I: The Star Wars Scenario by Nikola Kuprešanin (sounds added by Jeelen)
Regarding this bit.. it looks like Gapetit converted a special rare version of Nikola's scenario enhanced by Jeelen. The original Star Contact Part I that we host here at CFC has no sounds and it appears that Jeelen fixed the problem however Gapetit doesn't have the original copy anymore. Not the end of the world since we have his Test of Time conversion above still, but it would be nice to replace the soundless version we currently host for MGE with the fixed one. I've PM'd Jeelen/Agent327 about it however he hasn't visited the site for a few years and last we spoke he didn't have his Civ2 files anymore sadly. However I've also asked him if he did the same sound fix enhancement to Nikola Kuprešanin's sequel scenario Star Contact Part II: Star Wars Vs Star Trek, as our hosted copy of that has no sounds too.

A few of us probably have these old 2 scenarios in our collections so if folks could take a peak at their copies when they can spare a minute and let me know if they've got sound folders in them that would great as you may have the lost Jeelen enhanced/fixed copies I can preserve!

Last edited:
Regarding this bit.. it looks like Gapetit converted a special rare version of Nikola's scenario enhanced by Jeelen. The original Star Contact Part I that we host here at CFC has no sounds and it appears that Jeelen fixed the problem however Gapetit doesn't have the original copy anymore. Not the end of the world since we have his Test of Time conversion above still, but it would be nice to replace the soundless version we currently host for MGE with the fixed one. I've PM'd Jeelen/Agent327 about it however he hasn't visited the site for a few years and last we spoke he didn't have his Civ2 files anymore sadly. However I've also asked him if he did the same sound fix enhancement to Nikola Kuprešanin's sequel scenario Star Contact Part II: Star Wars Vs Star Trek, as our hosted copy of that has no sounds too.

A few of us probably have these old 2 scenarios in our collections so if folks could take a peak at their copies when they can spare a minute and let me know if they've got sound folders in them that would great as you may have the lost Jeelen enhanced/fixed copies I can preserve!
I keep the MGE scenario, but it does not include sounds... for the conversion I think I used other scenarios and modified some from the internet.

I have modified the King David scenario.

And I include new graphics for Tootall's ToT conversion of the scenario:

PHARAOH
The Golden Age of the 18th Dynasty
Version 0.1
By Stefan Härtel

https://forums.civfanatics.com/reso...fan-hartel-converted-for-tot-and-totpp.28401/

Units_Pharaon.png

I keep the MGE scenario, but it does not include sounds... for the conversion I think I used other scenarios and modified some from the internet.
Oh dear.. so you had to add the missing sounds yourself all over again for the ToT conversion. I wonder why there's a note from Jeelen in the readme saying he fixed the sounds then. As I've checked and that note from Jeelen is not in Nikola's readme file in the original release on CivFanatics. So you've definitely got a modified copy of the MGE original but sadly I guess the sounds got lost again in that copy too lol.

I want to thank Blake for his great work and his recovery efforts so many years ago. And as a contribution I am going to add some more scenarios (which I did not include in the downloads) that I have been modifying in months of playing games or taking advantage of the new graphic contributions from Fairline, Tanelorn, Civ2units or Curt Sibling to name the most important ones. Thank you all.

Some are peculiar scenarios, eliminated by their authors or forgotten for years for being too simple... but I always say that there is nothing that good graphics and some small changes cannot resurrect...
Others are pure gold, scenarios that were and are very famous in the community and to which Fairline even added the graphics... becoming more wonderful without a doubt. I hope you enjoy them today and in the future. Greetings

Wow.. so much great stuff.. this amazing. Mate, you're the busiest retired person I know. ;)
forgotten for years for being too simple... but I always say that there is nothing that good graphics and some small changes cannot resurrect...
So true! Some of my Civ2 remasters were done for the same reason.. if it was a cool idea realting to something I love but just didn't look good or get finished.. I can't resist!

Top Bottom